1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Pocketz Sketches

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Pocketz, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Pocketz

Pocketz Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks guys!

The clothes are pretty sloppy, it's a sketch what can you do haha. BETTER I SUPPOSE.
    Hmm, the emblem. I googled the exile emblem and that was it, I believe the skull is the dominion one. :< wopsies if im wrong.

Yeah shes wearing panties, a jumper and some stockings. xD (i suck at clothes..)
    Siflay likes this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

You ARE wrong. That's the Dominion one. TBH I find it hilarious. Maybe she's suffering from Stockholm syndrome which has prompted her to tattoo the Dominion's emblem on her hip? XD
    rwcujo and Pocketz like this.
  3. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I honestly like to think she stole some unfortunate Dominion officer's underwear and is wearing it as a war-trophy.

Edit: <REDACTED>, it's a tat. Sweet, yes, but yeah, wrong logo.

Anyway, AURIN! As much as I love your female Draken, it's nice to see you branching out to the other races.

Not gonna lie; she freaked me the hell out. The shaved sides of her hair and the ear design were extremely unique and a great departure from the "cutesy" looks we've been seeing on female Aurin. While interesting and key to improving the quality of Aurin fan-art (gotta diversify, or get stale) I will be blunt with you and say she looks like a freaky Pikachu and that bothers me greatly.

Evil eyes are staring at me! Nice work with the predator eyes and the scar; really great face given that she's a huntress more than a Bunny Girl.

Somehow the loose shoulder isn't doing it for me (though that may have something to do with my recent activities I will not mention), but the wrinkles and folds are excellent. I love the detailing that just perfects that loose and comfy texture.

Hooboy, spandex or underwear. Kinda hard to tell which, which is a little problematic. I like the garter, though I'm not entirely sure if its elastic or an alloy ring.

Tattoos! Love 'em. Just a small edit to the Exile skull and we're golden. Fantastic place to put one, by the way.

Thigh-highs. Yes.

Those boots. Those boots are fantastic. I love me some heavy-duty stompers, and the bands that are either straps or metal reinforcement is awesome.

Tail's a little too lion/Draken. Aurin tails are more consistently fuzzy and spiky throughout its entire length rather than flaring at the tip like that. She's also missing her tail band?

I can't look at that blaster and not laugh. While I assume it's supposed to be a menacing look, I can't help but think of "Destroy All Humans!"'s Anal Probe weapon when I look at it. It opens up a whole host of menacing threats and comedy, though probably not the kind originally intended.

Thanks, Pocketz!
    Pocketz likes this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Looks like exposed skin to me. :p
  5. ruff_ethereal

I noticed a little too late. Note the edited post.
  6. Pocketz

7. ruff_ethereal

8. Pocketz

HA original picture fixed, Don't you all look silly now. -sassy diva snap-

I'm gonna be frank and say I dont like any sort of cutsie mary sue females.
    So i wanted to give the aurin an edge, I've seen people portray them as all sorts of different animals, from mice to deer. So I figured if i strayed a bit from the fluffy bunny approach it would be A Ok.

Im glad you like it ;)
    Shes wearing stockings btw. or really high socks.
    Siflay likes this.
  9. ruff_ethereal

Much better. Thanks.
    Pocketz likes this.
  10. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

The proof be in the quote!

But, great work Pocketz. I'm no art expert or anything but I am seriously impressed with your work! keep it up!
    Pocketz likes this.
  11. Pocketz

What is this? a whole page is about to take place without ART?!
    We can't have this!

-ninja sketch art post-
    This is what im doing right now......
    [​IMG]
  12. Pocketz

COLOR PRACTICE woop

[​IMG]
    FelixAkuma, Revon, Leiloni and 2 others like this.
  13. Skippy

wow ok, even more impressed. you did it that quick too? damn.
  14. ruff_ethereal

Nice! Love the cool colours and the monochromatic scheme to it all. The swatches of bright blue-green really make her pop.

HUGE nitpick, though: unless those ears are shaved, they should be the same colour as her hair/mane.
  15. Pocketz

Yeah I'm surprised myself!
    I've always felt im a pretty slow artist, but as of late I'm buckling down to learn my tools make them my friends (programs) and to learn the basics, (watching loads of youtube videos) on how to color etc.

I'm doing this because first of all I want to be a better artists and be more comfortable in my art. But I would also like to open commissions in the future ( launch of wildstar?) and then I want to be able to do them fluently, rather fast and have good results.

Practice practice practice!
    (damn that you quoted my picture, I did a ninja edit to her right ear, its longer than her left) but you have the old pic in your quote so you can see it hahaha. :inlove::inlove::inlove:)
  16. Pocketz

Thank you, I'm working hard to make colors work for me, and understanding how they work together.
    About the nitpick, I don't have all the aurin reffs, nor have I seen all the aurin character customization. So this is my take on a humanoid small animal that aurins are. I like her ears. :inlove:
  17. Skippy

As I said earlier, proof be in the quote :p

But you want to feel more comfortable with your art? hell, you should be comfortable already! but improvement is always a good thing. I've got no doubt you will be able to commission your work though, especially since you are so bent on improvement at the moment!
  18. Xlugon Pyro

She has pikachu ears.

Does she know thunderbolt!?
  19. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

if I was in this alien universe I would find it really hard to say "No" to some of these girls... :inlove::oops:
    great pic and nice colouring, dem eyes! :up:
  20. Pocketz

Hah thanks guys, Yeah she stores thunderbolts in her fists...

Here are some Chibis!

Bat Aurin with a tail...?
    [​IMG]

and a mechari chibi!

[​IMG]

sorry for the sizes xD