1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Poll: Do you like the business model?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by John, Aug 19, 2013.

?

Do you like the announced business model?

1. Yes

63.5%
  2. Mostly yes

21.8%
  3. Mostly no

7.6%
  4. No

7.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John "That" Cupcake

Im a fan of it, I was a proponent of P2P and I think this option is the next best thing.

Asking if the mods can leave this open for the purpose of seeing poll results.
    Saybel and Sonntam like this.
  2. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Instead of simply having no, or mostly no as options why not ask players "No, I would prefer ___ model". The blank could be F2P, B2P, etc.
    RedSam777 likes this.
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Mostly no and mostly yes beg for explanation if you pick them, so they could almost be looked at as "I would prefer". Could basically say the same for just no, if you pick no then say why and what you prefer.
  4. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

I'm okay with it. But it could be better. I'm fine with paying for a subscription anyway. However I won't be buying any gold if I can only buy it in $20 portions.

I think CREDD should be either:

1) Redeem 100 CREDD for 30 Days playtime. Each CREDD costs 20 cents real life money. So still at the value of $20, but I can pay $2 and sell 10 CREDD at the exchange and someone else can sell 30 etc

or

2) Redeem 1 CREDD for 1 Day playtime. Each credit costs $0.67. So still $20 for 30 days, and like option one you can still buy smaller amounts of gold via purchasing 1 CREDD. For better or worse, this option allows you to only play for the days you play, which given the premium (50-100% more per day) costs could be fair.

I just don't see myself shelling out $20 for in game gold in one hit, but I could see myself allowing myself an allowance of $2 a week/month.
  5. John

John "That" Cupcake

Im not trying to have a ton choices to figure out what everyones favorite model is. This is just a simple question to get a sense if people are generally favorable or not to the model.
    RedSam777 likes this.
  6. Kayelia

Kayelia Cupcake

Since I said "mostly no," I suppose I'll elaborate. I don't trust the idea of game time being directly connected to ingame gold. It feels like building a house on quicksand since there are factors like inflation and risks of market manipulation. As such, I'm expecting issues to come up (and I'm not talking about p2w here).
    RedSam777 likes this.
  7. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

I said mostly no too. no prob with a montly for a good game. I dont like the Credd same reason as Kayelia (economy and farming). I dont like the impact it might have on the community. Greed on ressources, drops and such to gather gold to pay for their monthly Credd. just give me a sub and a friendly server. but i expect qq and fighting over ah undecut and a diablo iii ah type.
  8. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I'm in favor of it.

while I would prefer free (who wouldn't) subs are not a bad thing.
    Many f2p games tend to annoy me as they at worse nickel and dime you for any convenience and atempt to squeeze you for every cent or simply put cash shops with a lot of custom items.
    Sometimes it ends up P2W and thats when I hit the uninstall button.

I also feel that f2p games tend to focus more on their cash shops than content. At least with a sub the devs will have to make a solid game if they want to survive. I don't mind cash shops if done well but when the devs focus more on the cash shop than the game it really shows and and I end up not playing out boredom more than anything.

I like the idea as CREDD as another currency and that a certain amounts buys game time. it enables you to sell various amounts to people and is something you can put in game in a quest or something (it has to be not as easy to obtain or takes more to buy an item).

Also can enable CREDD to do cash shop items as well (as long as the devs don't spend the majority of time making stuff people may buy than content). From what I read from the wildstar site it seems CREED is an item to extend gameplay which is ok but could be more. I feel its a little lackluster but its not something I have any negative thoughts on.
  9. Trijity

Trijity Cupcake

Yea, it's a really good model. I've been hoping the entire time that it would be sub and not silly B2P or F2P (although I almost knew for certainty it wouldn't be F2P).

With that said the CREDD system is great. It really cuts back on gold farmers because now those farmers have to compete their prices against us, the players, which makes the "job" of being a gold farmer...probably hardly worth it considering people don't want to purchase from sketchy sites.

It's also great for us, the players, some people will get free months to play, I certainly wont, because I suck at making gold, but I think the option is awesome. I actually think this CREDD system will benefit the economy much more than any form of hurting it.
  10. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

There will be 15 day game cards, around 8 bucks i assume. There is no need, to have this CREDD system to be split. Just one worth will suffice.
  11. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

mostly yes. i dont like the idea of credds, but I also don't really know how the system will effect the game so i'll just have to wait and see.
  12. Carlos Oliveira

Carlos Oliveira New Cupcake

Exactly. I don't think this system is 100% perfect. It's good but not perfect because of the reasons stated above. I think that C.R.E.D.D will put many folks minds apart from the content and the generally idea of what's a mmo.
    I'm a fan that this C.R.E.D.D. system should be available to all people like it is now but if I want to play with a month sub I would pay it normally, but if I wanted to use this system it should be available only in WS site in my personal account and the exchange should be done there with the in-game gold. Please rethink and reset your project about the buy/sell C.R.E.D.D. in the Commodities Exchange. For me it's pathetic for allowing people trading subscriptions in-game.
  13. Vossler

Vossler Cupcake

All I know is all the people on other sites saying CREDD is P2W is the dumbest thing I've read all month.
    It is giving me a good laugh though.

OT Sub works for me cause I'd rather pay 15 dollars a month for the whole game instead of each zone having it own tokens to collect, 40 dollar cosmetic mounts, and over the top time sinks on normal activities. Also if people can buy game time with in-game money then even better for everyone involved.
    Cowboy Cheese likes this.
  14. Swim

Swim New Cupcake

ECSTATIC!. Payment models do not define good games, they just reflect how well a game is developed.

Besides, EVE online is one of my most favorite games. I couldn't ask for a better payment model :p
  15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Cupcake

I'm happy with it as long as my money's worth of new content is released every month.
  16. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

It adds a barrier to potential players - if they're going to make it work, they're going to have to deliver a game that is 150% sadly. Also, it depends on what they're hoping for subscriber count/incoming money. If they're fine with a smaller playerbase (< 600k), they're already on that track. If they want more than that, they're going to have to deliver because only word of mouth is going to get people to leave their game for this one due to release date.
  17. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

I'm just suggesting the "one worth" be lessened to make for smaller transactions. Ill fix my maths above.
  18. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

Absolutely... it's great because everyone playing gets the whole game, no matter how they pay (and they could play for free!) No screwy cash shop where they nickel and dime you for bag slots...
    Cowboy Cheese likes this.
  19. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I chose Mostly Yes, as I am interested to see if a Cash Shop is released and if CREDD factors into that...and if there is a D3 style auction house where CREDD is currency. Pretty much more information on CREDD please.
  20. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

heh, depends on if this takes off. Though right now, one form of C.R.E.D.D. is all i want to see. It's just wierd why they cost $20, This will just influence the economy to expect more gold, than what 30 days game time is worth. I do not know if the price point is golden or not. I do not see how carbine thinks that C.R.E.D.D. is more valuable than the cost of 15$. I guess it is to limit supply, and increase demand. To make them end up costing more. Im sure there is a rime and a reason for their 5 buck increase.

But for people that have little money, and want to just buy 15 day game cards, they will be available.... I may take advantage of them. Depending if it is 7.99 bucks, and hopefully this 15 day game card is not the cross game subscription.

That is offered here http://www.amazon.com/PlayNC-15-Day-Tabula-Heroes-Lineage-Pc/dp/B000P9GQB8 though some of these games are dated Im not sure exist anymore. And the others are now free to play.

yeah i know this card is extremely dated, and have no idea why amazon is still able to sell them.
    You can only sell CREDD for gold, in a whole different auction house, where it works like steams market. You can only sell them for gold, right now that is the plan. Or buy them with Gold, or Cash. You cant trade them, so people would not be able to stock pile them to buy other items from players. So no items for CREDD.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.