1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Poll: Do you like the business model?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by John, Aug 19, 2013.

?

Do you like the announced business model?

1. Yes

63.5%
  2. Mostly yes

21.8%
  3. Mostly no

7.6%
  4. No

7.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

It. The fact that it will increase the worth of items crafted. Because there such a big focus on Gold, the gold in items obtained will increase in their value. The best crafted gear will be rare.... They kept on mentioning Risk vs Reward things with crafting. Potentially those items that are crafted well will luckly fetch a good price for gold, they will be in direct competition for the gold that people earn with CREDD. Thus items will be worth more, people that spend money on Credd for gold will buy those items, the crafter will be happy. IT will be more of a love relationship, because people that are crafting will be able to have Free game time, and have decent gear.

Say you made this epic item (not the rarety/item color)
    The people with loads of gold that want that item will buy that item for Load of gold.
    Similarly, they will be able to be in control of the gold that is in the economy.
    If every thing else is either a troph/achievemnt reward, and the crafted gear will be of importance to make.
    those people will become rich, because they are the ones that are creating these awesome items.
    keep in mind though these items are not best in slot, but best for being bought by gold.

Then the people that are harvesting the materials, to put on the market will make those people money, so materials will be worth more, especially the rare raid crafting material.

Then there will be the people that will flip items on the auction house and try to set a value, that will be higher than some of the noobs that put the item up for too cheap.

Really this will make the crafting scenario, and the things that come with it even more epic. Not to mention the fact that they are able to make housing items.

Raid Gear, BiS
    PvP Gear BiS
    Solo Gear BiS
    All those will have to be worked for.

The housing items, that are not rewards, or the ones bought for gold will be epic, and fetch a nice price, especially if they are unique looking.

Then the items that are not crafted are bought, because they are also epic, will be a huge gold sink
    then there is the Warplots, you will be buying some things to put in them.

then there could be epic mounts that people have to buy that will be a gold sink

Then there are the repair fees, and death fees, These are going to be a gold sink

Then there is the worsed gold sink, the Warplots because you are going to have to repair the damaged parts that got damaged or blown up.

I think if they figure out the right ways to get the economy rolling every thing will be fine. They just need to figure out how to make the gold sinks more of a focus on what gold is spent on. And not the great crafted items. Anything really that will get rid of gold, even when the player has been playing for a long ass time, they need to have things for those players to buy and waist their gold on.

I think if they do things right, the introduction of Credd will be fine.

the biggest thing though to consider.... is that people would be buying gold anyway, the people able to buy this credd will make not as much difference as people suspect. You are just going to want to make, get, or contribute the most to get the gold, that the people just bought off of another player with selling their Credd.

I welcome the fact that gold will have a value. I welcome that they are making the selling of gold in the players hands instead of the gold farmers.
    XPhiler likes this.
  2. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

Granny always used to say, "hope for the best, prepare for the worst...". I hope I'm just being overtly paranoid, but having played EVE for a while, that uses the PLEX system, I have seen that the item is normally out of reach for most regular players. Sure, you "can" get it, but only if I farm the whole month, and do not do anything else apart from farming.

We have to wait and see how the economy works in Wildstar. EVE has a really healthy economy, because the gold sinks are simply incredible (everything is destroyable, ammo, etc). I'm just worried about what will happen to the game after the 1st month, and many people find out they cannot afford a CREDD, and run into that wall...
  3. XPhiler

XPhiler Cupcake

I hope thats not the case, if you can only do mid level gear with crafting It would be cutting crafting out of the game and thats a no no for me. I dont mind the sub, I dont mind credd but useless crafting ? that would be no wildstar for me. No BiS fine, I can live with that though not nice, but not even high level gear? thats worst so I hope they dont go that route crafters would definitely not be happy if they do that.

I can accept you can get better gear from raids, not ideal but fine. however if I spend ages leveling up my crafting, then building the best possible gear a crafter can build and still get better drops off the open world even from world bosses... then thats bad. Would feel like a waste of time and resources if you know what I mean.
  4. XPhiler

XPhiler Cupcake

@Gunghoe

Absolutely love your scenario, yes if it goes like that it will work like a charm. In your scenario the only players who might "suffer" a bit would be those that dont buy credd, gather, craft, market flip or raid which are generally casual enough that might be okey with the whole thing.

Yes I think the economy could stabilize the way you're saying.
  5. Celebrochan

Celebrochan Cupcake

I was burned by DDO and by SWTOR... I don't think I am going to pay $60 for a subscription game, that I can't demo first... History tells me that in a year or two it will go free to play and not only will I not get anything extra for all the extra money I have put in over the years... all the content I once enjoyed I will be locked out of if I want to take advantage of the "free to play" part of the game.... no thanks...

It also makes it harder when the developers talk about maybe someday having an online shop... If I am paying a subscription I expect all those hats and cosmetic things to be in the game... I shouldn't have to pay extra for them on top of a subscription....
  6. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

probably, or at least b2p

it seems to me like having a subscription at launch is just the standard "bring something to give up in the negotiations" tactic
    Bonehead likes this.
  7. Bobz

Bobz New Cupcake

i like the systems.. we will have to see how the whole CREDD thing plays out and if the price is cheap enough for people to actually spend gold on it or if its just an easy way to buy gold in game.. time will tell. I am happy about the sub thought since most of the games i have liked in the past have been subs while the F2P or B2P games i usually got burned out faster it seemed like.
  8. Celebrochan

Celebrochan Cupcake

Does anyone else wonder how useful this poll is? If someone really hated the subscription model... wouldn't they have stopped reading this forum once the news dropped regarding their funding model?
    Bonehead likes this.
  9. Rare Spawn

Rare Spawn Cupcake

Sir, I refer you to the 300+ post debate here.
  10. Celebrochan

Celebrochan Cupcake

Well... yes... not EVERYONE with that opinion has left... there will always be vocal outliers... but have a statistically significant number left? Have enough left to render the poll results misleading?
  11. Bonehead

Bonehead Cupcake

I have mentioned this elsewhere but seems appropriate. I checked the WS reddit forum where they had 2 threads, one pro and one anti business model, last I looked the anti thread was 4 times bigger than the pro, says it all really. You are right though, only the so called "hard core" fanboi frequents here now, I visit occassionally but can see me stopping altogether soon.
  12. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Or they would stay and fight until game is released in hope that Carbine is as stupid as M$ with their XBox policies removal :p
  13. Paterk

Paterk Cupcake-About-Town

I wanted Buy to Play with a meaningful micro transaction shop. I really doubt I'll resub after my first month of free time. My interest in the game has vastly waned over the past month.

Guess I'll just have to wait a year longer for the inevitable switch over. or Maybe Wildstar will be the first MMO since WoW that can sustain itself on a monthly subscription permanently. I'm just baffled at this decision.

The hardcore players that clamored for subscription model will be making enough gold with their fervent playtime to buy CREDD. How does this model make sense again?
  14. Agent Drew

Agent Drew Cupcake-About-Town

Are you saying that the hardcore won't be supporting the game financially? The CREDD has to be bought first for 20 dollars before it can be sold for gold in game. If anything they'll be providing more money for Carbine.
    Witless and Baamz like this.
  15. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

[quote="Paterk, post: 143671, member: 2987"The hardcore players that clamored for subscription model will be making enough gold with their fervent playtime to buy CREDD. How does this model make sense again?[/quote]

Please feel free to define hardcore for me. Cause you seem to be basing it on playtime, when the average player plays 20 hours a week. It seems to me that you are horribly underestimating how much players play, or you are trying to slander the payment model because its something you do not want.
  16. Baamz

Baamz New Cupcake

Im sorry Bonehead... but did you make your account just to whine about the payment model!?
    Witless likes this.
  17. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

That CREDD has to come from somewhere, since you can only buy it from the Auction House after people had put it there from buying it with real money. If people are making enough gold to buy up all the CREDD from the AH, then the price of CREDD will rise,

when the price of CREDD rises, people will buy CREDD using real money from the site in order to sell it for shiitake tonnes of gold on the AH

that rapid influx of CREDD into the game AH will cause CREDD prices to drop and stabilize, at which point we're back to step one in the diagram. If I had actually numbered the steps....just assume I did.

tl;dr People won't be able to buy CREDD in-game unless people are buying CREDD with money
  18. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

Mostly yes.

I don't have enough context on C.R.E.D.D. and other, similar systems to really formulate an opinion, for now it's just a "wait and see" for me.

What scares me the most is that, with a full subscription price, they're even considering micro-transactions. Never once have I seen a game allow a full subscription and have micro-transactions AND allow those with a subscription to buy those micro-transactions with in game gold. This is why I avoid games like TERA and RIFT like the plague (more so than full blown Free to Play games, because they at least have the gall not to try and trick you with a subscription). This is also why I'm having a falling out with World of Warcraft. First it was pets, then mounts, and now costume items. I'm sick of games that just don't let me have EVERYTHING for one monthly fee.
    Vaos likes this.
  19. Paterk

Paterk Cupcake-About-Town

20. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I will be keeping my gold and paying subscription. Why? Because CREDD still has that 5$ premium included so it is more cost efficient for me to pay subscription and keep the gold. I might be the selling side of credd at some point tho, in case I need to get my self big enough starting budget so I can start hustling in Auction House.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.