1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Possible 8 classes total?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Midgard Serpent, Sep 11, 2013.

?

Do you believe there might be 8 classes instead of 6?

1. Yes

17.4%
  2. No

79.1%
  3. I'll pick Granokregardless if it's only a 1 class race!

5.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Midgard Serpent

Midgard Serpent New Cupcake

The spellslinger, Warrior, Esper and Stalker, make typical core classes of an MMORPG, but in contrast to others there's still lacking a bit, and as we know, there's 2 more classes coming! These two classes will either have high or very little impact on the already existing game balance.

Which brings me to speculate if there will not be 6, but an actual 8 classes to choose from, which will all bring something to the table, and actually make 40 man raids a little more interesting, in terms of class diversity.

What brings me to speculate this is the following.

First of, we have an idea of a rifle/gunner class coming due to the screen shot from pax and the fact none of the listed classes have any listed "Plasma rifle" or anything fancy listed as their dedicated choice of arms.

Secondly, in the cinematic trailer the Granok warrior deployed a sentry like turret which may hint at the possibility of an engineer class that can deploy defensive (or depending on how it's used) turrets.

Third, Granok so far is the race with the least possible class options so far, if we take into account that a granok deployed a turret in the cinematic trailer that would mean the "engineer" is very possible to be their actual 2nd class, and they should at least have 3 classes open to them, this is more opinion based from my end, which if the 2nd possible new classes would be "stealthy" wouldn't make any sense for a Granok as that's sort of having your Tauren from WoW being a rogue.

Fourth, So far Espers and Spellslingers are the current only classes with a healing option (This also goes for Warriors and Stalkers who are the current only tanking options), which strengthens my own opinion based logic, that there should at least be a 3rd, if not 4th option available in the future, in any case a 3rd healing option would generally mean that the so "unannounced stealth class" that we not know of, if it's even an actual class and not a stalker, exists, or doesn't, in this case it would mean next is the gunner + something 3rd the community might not know of as of yet.

Fifth, The loot. We all know the jolly old, Heavy Medium and "Panties", armor system. So far it would be safe to assume that Espers would be using cloth, and Warriors Heavy. As in other games with multiple classes it's probably safe to say that there'll be at least 2 classes per armor type, 2 heavy, 2 medium, and 2 cloth to be able to distribute loot between the classes, it's very likely for Stalkers and Spellslingers to be medium which would mean one of the new classes might be a heavy and speculation on the last.

Sixth, on the official Wildstar website there's 8 windows on the side, 4 occupy the current known classes, and 2 to be announced, the last 2 might just be there because that was how the site was build due to the fact there's 8 races and decided to "blank" the last 2 in the classes section, or, there's an actual 2 more classes in store!

Thanks for reading, you're welcome to leave your own input down below and/or correct me if you believe I'm wrong.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Short answer: Not with launch

(Possibly in a future expansion)

Long answer: *Yawns, and thinks the short answer would suffice*

And some extra info:
    Go check the internetz for some of the names of classes that can come (it's kinda old news ;)).
    Ianpact likes this.
  3. elnerdino

elnerdino New Cupcake

Wouldn't it be awesome, if the two classes, that still have to be announced were something totally different, then we all expect. Those screenshots and tiny sequences in the videos COULD still be taken from the Soldier-Path on "experimental Weapon" Qeusts, just to trick us into thinking we know what comes up next ^^
  4. Blackfurball

Blackfurball Cupcake

Engineer - Tank/Ranged DPS - Heavy Armor
    Medic (?) - Healer/Melee DPS - Light Armor

my2cents.
  5. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

Those are some pretty wild speculations. I think it's likely that if Engineers were to make an appearance they would wield rifles (Which would explain the rifleman seen in the screenshot). As for the second class, I sure hope it is not another stealth class but is another heal option.
  6. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

You are wrong.

1. A poor statement that goes without saying.

2. It has already been confirmed that the Granok will be able to play as both unannounced classes. This likewise means that the Mechari will probably have access to only one of the unannounced classes, resulting in each faction having one race only able to play as three classes at launch. Carbine has stated that this limitation is due to the time intensive process of creating custom animations for each class and race combination. Hopefully this also means that additional class and race combos will be added post launch, pre expansion.

3. Exhibit A, Exhibit B. The 8 windows (fields) you are referring to are a template used for both the race and class pages on the official website. Note that on the class page that only two of the remaining four fields have silhouettes in them, the other two are boxed off. None of this really means much though. Carbine could, and likely will, add more races and classes post launch. This will most likely be reserved for expansion content.

Your poll could have been more accurately entitled, "Do you believe there might will be 8 classes instead of 6 at launch?"

All that being said, welcome to WSC (WildStar Central). Here is a link to WSC's introduction forum. Making a post there is not required but it is a good way to meet some users, especially the friendlier ones (Tell Kat I said hi).

TL;DR
    Nice user name. Watch out for a drunkard with a hammer that likes to fish and fight.

It is unlikely that a melee class would wear light armor or that a healing class would wear heavy armor. Conclusion, a melee healer class will most likely wear medium armor.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Please don't make me sum up all the classes that either were melee with light armor, or healer with heavy armor.....

Examples (almost) everyone knows.....WoW Hpaladin (Plate), Rshaman (Mail) both heavy armor while still healers, and there are many more games that have heavy armored healers in their game.

On the contrary I see a lot of games having a healer with each kind of armor.

Also note that the Stalker class (melee class), wears light armor first and it upgrades to medium armor. So that's a tank class that first has light armor!!!

So most likely? not really....
  8. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

1. Armor progressions has been removed from WildStar. Classes start the game being able to wear the highest type of armor they can equip. In the case of the Stalker class that means medium armor.

2. Most likely ≠ (does not equal) definitely....
  9. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

Not that I doubt you but do you have the source for that statement?
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Most likely = still a too great of a word for such a statement/thing.
    Seeing as how many other games have heavy armored healers in them it's ''most likely'' the complete opposite and that it's in-game.

Most likely to me is saying it's more then 50% certaincy according to you that it will be that way, but tbh that's way too high, hence my remark about it.
    I do know it doesn't mean definitely, but I personally still think it's not the right word :p

(Lekker mierenneuke niet? ;))
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  11. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Sent you a PM, was unable verify if was in released or unreleased patch notes. My apologies.

In het Engels het woord of begrip zou zijn "nitpick" of "minutia".
    Perhaps it is, but I stand by my statement. I also stand by Bagles en Beans. Ik beveel de geitenkaas, honing, honing, walnoten en tijm. Es muy delicioso.
  12. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

Sending me a link to a google search is not a proper source.

If you are going to use information in your statements prepare to back them up with where you found it. I don't blame you though. I can't be bothered to find proper sources sometimes but I do so knowing my points are invalid until sourced.
  13. SykoTavo

SykoTavo Cupcake

There are some documents running around that suggest 8 classes. That's all I have to say about that.
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Omg seriously that's the one I always take lol....you creep me out :cautious:
    And do you know they even have goat milk capuchino's? :D (it wasn't that good tough :p)

OT:
    Since Tribe can't even back his statements up, I suggest we just completely ignore them :sneaky:
    [​IMG]

So you know it's against forum rules?
  15. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i don't remember the exact source, however i distinctly remember it's true - they've said that there's not going to be armor upgrading for the classes that previously had it. so stalkers will start with medium armor not light, etc
    Extatica and FruitPunchHero like this.
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you know, you could come tell me hi yourself any time you want ;) LOL!!
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

SSssstttt Don't feed Tribe please!

OT:
    TBH I don't like that, I prefer gear upgrades even for the stalkers :D I just love that ''milestone'' to be able to put on new gear, and even before that trying to collect it for that specific level.

But that's just me ;)
  18. SykoTavo

SykoTavo Cupcake

I am not in the beta. I did not agree to any NDA. Therefore, I have not broken anything. The person who posted it broke the NDA, not me.

The document is flying around the internets. It is fair game.

If I broke some forum rules, I did it unawares and I apologize. And if I did, I'll let a mod reprimand me or accuse me of any misdeed, not you.
  19. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

As a core, launch set - these six will remain. Unless they overhaul to make sure there is no such thing as imbalance between classes first (which is damn hard if not near impossible) and get very far into the life of the game while still holding a very strong playerbase/interest of the community then perhaps a couple of years from now we will see two new races join (one each faction obviously) to fit lore and possibly a new class or two as an added lore to "here, we invented something!" or "this new race has given us training!" type of deal.

otherwise, Nope. 6 classes forever. I honestly refuse to see a new class unless we are in dire need/there's balance first.

Either way, it's inevitable that we get more classes and possibly new races later on regardless of interest due to trying to attract more players/interest. And likely have the same effect as Chua and Mordesh on their debut where it caused players to switch factions just for them lol It could happen again.
  20. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

I hope for only 6 classes. It is already hard to make 6 unique classes that all feel different and do different things. The more classes implemented the more potential there is for homogenization due to balance issues. I don't want it to be like WoW where none of the classes felt like they had something all their own anymore.