1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Possible 8 classes total?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Midgard Serpent, Sep 11, 2013.

?

Do you believe there might be 8 classes instead of 6?

1. Yes

17.4%
  2. No

79.1%
  3. I'll pick Granokregardless if it's only a 1 class race!

5.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Given the nature of the LAS system, it seems like it would be easier for them to add new skills rather than add new classes. Let's say that each class right now has 50 total skills they can eventually purchase. If you play long enough your character can purchase them all. Though they could only use a set number at a time in their LAS.

Fast forward a year after launch. Lots of people have gone through their classes and they know how things work together. But people are getting a little bored. Carbine can sit down and create say three new skills per class and upload them to the live servers. They could even create new skills based on certain yearly events. Overtime individual classes could accumulate as many as 75 individual skills.

The ability to add new skills to existing classes, an tailor them as needed, is a pretty clever way to keep people interested in the game as the years go by.

I'm curious though. Which would people find more interesting that would draw them to the game say, two years after launch? New races, or new classes?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Now you refrased it it's ok :up:
  3. SykoTavo

SykoTavo Cupcake

Yeah, I thought that might help :)

why do my quotes on your posts say "things"? lol
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Covering up all the traces :ninja: Go recheck my very first quote
  5. SykoTavo

SykoTavo Cupcake

LOL! You crazy ninja, you! :p
    Extatica likes this.
  6. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Extatica isn't just a ninja. Extatica is a Chua Ninja!

The difference being that a Ninja Chua ninja giggle loudly when they stab someone. It doesn't help much for stealth and sneaking, but they're just so grotesquely cute!
  7. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

The first RPG Healer was the plate wearing, mace welding Cleric of AD&D. In that same game you will also find the cloth wearing Monk.
    Ianpact and FruitPunchHero like this.
  8. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

I believe it says on the official WS site that warriors wear medium armor that upgrades to heavy, and stalkers wear light armor that upgrades to medium. Not sure if that's through your role choice (tanks get the upgrade and dps wear the armor lighter) or it just happens for every member of the class at a milestone level.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You should first read the other posts :D Kataryna (and Tribe) said something about it (although I still want my proof!!!!!!)
  10. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

Epic Duel! Who sources first!
  11. Brynnevere

Brynnevere Cupcake

FruitPunchHero likes this.
  12. aiuradun

aiuradun Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah not going to happen :)

looking forward to the 2 class reveals though hopefully the names will be more creative then enginere and medic though ;-), mostly hopeing for some real uniqyue mechanics of playstyle that is kinda new/unique to this gamespace
  13. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Long term you'll probably see more classes - though they're like taking a wrecking ball to your current game meta, especially PvP. But for launch, I'd place bets on slim to none.

Also I like diverse and unique MMO classes they make it feel like you're not doing the same thing on a different character because you have to handle situations in a near-entirely different way, WoW in particular suffers from horrible class homogenisation that started way back in TBC when the pre WoTLK talent and skill patch went live.
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  14. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

At launch there will be 6 classes

Post launch... who knows? Way too early to speculate
  15. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

Traditional RPG

Warr/Barb = Warrior
    Theif/Rogue = Stalker
    Mage/Sorc = Spellslinger
    Priest/Cleric = Esper (obviously with mystic/illusionist ESP Green Lantern type qualities thrown in)

Ranger/Hunter = Rifle class
    Paladin/Monk = melee healer

Then what? As far as "traditional" the only other thing that comes to mind is some sort of Bard, maybe Druid but Rangers are really similar in some ways with nature and all. Or they could just try to be unique, which is hard after all the years of published fantasy and sci-fi I know. Also any class they add has to fit into a dps/healer or dps/tank hybrid role
  16. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Voted yes, but only in expansions

Launch will have 6 IMO
  17. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, if you look closely - those still say Warrior uses Technology (which is right) and Strength (which is wrong). They use Tech and Brutality (i think it was).
    It also says Stalker uses Dexterity (which is wrong) and Technology (which is right). They now use Finesse and Technology.

So - it looks like they need to update their class panels - they haven't gotten around to putting in the correct names for them yet, which means that they've not changed the light>medium and medium>heavy yet.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Eight classes? Too good to be true. Maybe as a result of a few future expansions.

I just pray the last 2 have something for me. It's bad odds and I tend to not be lucky unless my life literally depends on it. And aurin and draken better be able to play it.
  19. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Be quiet Aurin scum! You will accept whatever the last 2 classes are and like them!
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

If you don't want to hear my thoughts, why don't you go blow yourself up? I understand that chua are pretty good at self-detonation. Natural selection at work; music to my big, bat-like ears.

If the other two classes suck I'll probably end up playing a draken warrior and aurin esper for mains. Maaaaaybe I can try to be an aurin stalker but I've never liked rogue archetypes.