1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Post your Limited Action Set Builds

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by eharper256, Dec 17, 2013.

1. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

The Moon, or Outerspace but sometimes Earth
    Spell Slinger PvP focused, didn't really mess with the Amps too much just filled in the bubbles.

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator/spellslinger#vMpypKlwvvyvCK/198.179.180.181.186.187.188.922.197.175.316.200.236.237.238.176.177.178.201

Mobile (obviously lol), good amount of CC and I put in stuff like Distortion and Phase Shift to increase survival. Distortion reminds me a lot of Power Word shield or Ice Barrier, and Phase Shift was basically Evasion so IDK how not to include these 2 considering how hard the Slinger gets hit.

Wild Barrage Tier 8 and Magic Missile Tier 8 Seems to be pretty OP for PvP, everything else is filler (mobile fire), Cone of Frost seems to be pretty great so I think everyone will be taking that skill for PvP.

Arcane Shock and Gather Focus look really strong for PvP but I am apprehensive on using those as a default build but definitely something I would have on standbye.
  2. Ares

Ares New Cupcake

PVE DPS Engineer (with amps):

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...3.581.582.585.589.590.605.554.555.556.560.615

Tier 4 Tactical Strike and Quick Burst allows you to use a skill rotation of Tac Strike, Pulse Blastx2, Electrocutex2 and Quick Burst (which should be garantueed up after Electrocute). It has a .5 second gap which can be filled by replacing Mortar Strike with Energy Auger or Shock Pulse (using it instead of a Pulse Blast), but with the double Pulse Blast at tier 4 you will get extra Volatility that should allow you to squeeze in a Mortar Strike now and then (or pick up Extra Hurtin' and have a constant crit severity bonus). Also, the .5 second gap will probably be mostly eaten up by "poor" timing with skill activation after Electrocutes.

It would ofc require some testing with real data, but I'm pretty confident in saying that using Electrocute as your dumper is way more efficient than Mortar Strike. Not only because it seems to have way better damage/volatility, but tier 8 Mortar Strike is also a liability and Electrocute should give you garantueed Quick Bursts (which Mortar Strike won't do).

As for the last tier point, it really just depends on where it will give the most damage. The utility skills are pretty much just cookie cutter stuff. Double CC allows you to break interrupt armor without tiers and Shatter impairment gives you an intermittent buff. Depending on how tier 4 artillery bot works you might wanna remove Mortar Strike and take the tiers from Pulse Blast, but I'm assuming it's a buff while Barrage is active. It might actually be a better choice in general, but it would again need in-game testing. Using tier 8 Tac Strike over tier 4 Quick Burst might also be an option.
  3. Kay

Kay Cupcake

I'm going support/utility Spellslinger - an attempt at a Mage build!

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...2.247.248.249.251.252.255.256.257.261.253.254

AMPs boost support effect, max focus, and lowering cooldown. A lot of focus on defense, buffs, and debuffs. Attempt to make the Dual Fire ability main damage dealer, even if it isn't exactly high DPS, by removing the cooldown and increasing support power. Healing abilities chosen for self-healing, and gate/void slip ideal for escape precautions, as well as getting interrupt armor. Call of the Void ideal for raids...

I'm certain this is a terrible build, but I'm trying to make a 'mage' build for the Spellslinger. Lol
  4. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

http://ws-base.com/builds/edit/87#y...72.79.80.81.82.158.48.49.50.51.74.75.76.77.71

Here's my Warrior tank build, for reference the amp points in "charged sword" may be interchangeable with "support power I-III" depending on their values, any extra points i may get from such an interaction would be put into "Imposing" probably, until I test threat, and then if I have enough threat it would instead be put into "Unstoppable".

Also apparently at elder game you gain more ability points to put into your class tier abilities, so after those were obtained I would finish tier 4 of "Unstoppable force" and then tier 8 plasma pulse for perfect threat manipulation.
  5. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

First attempt at a Stalker-Tank.

Has near constant Taunting if you can maintain the suit-power, but the build is made to try and get more as much as possible, whilst reducing its consumption. Hilariously, stealthing in plain sight confers significant advantages to the build and should be done as much as possible. The build would really like Steadfast in its LAS as well, but I can't bring myself to drop False Retreat.

Perchance does anyone know if the "PvP" AMP effects also actually work in PvE? I'd love the extra Deflect chance there, and the 'Stay Afloat' ability, for this build.
  6. Drunkatm

Drunkatm New Cupcake

7. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

unless it says it specifically affects players exclusively, it works on everything. The PvP trees are there for pve players too in the lower tiers, they expect you to mix into it as say a raid main tank, or pve dpser.
  8. Feraki

Feraki New Cupcake

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator...7.808.809.810.852.853.854.819.820.821.823.824

My take on Stalker Tanking. High focus on mitigation and lifesteal through Bloodthirst and Nano Field. I'm not sure what the telegraphs on Reaver and Maelstrom look like but I feel it would be a good add tank build because of the high mitigation and lifesteal. If I feel I have enough mitigation when I can actually try this out it's possible that I could switch tier upgrades from Steadfast to Maelstrom(for higher uptime for more damage) or Bloodthirst(extra lifesteal might be nice since you drop some uptime on steadfast so you'll probably be taking more damage). Also in a situation where you know there will be high damage incoming you might want to tier up bloodthirst for the lifesteal to help out your healers considering you will still be able to make sure steadfast will be up at the time. As well as your other mitigation abilities.
  9. Gôre

Gôre Cupcake

10. Glory

Glory New Cupcake

11. eharper256

Massive Blaster Spellslinger, completely focused on Magic Damage, Critical Hits, and ways to burn through enemies magic resists. More fire, more ice, more explosions! Dual Fire is mainly there for magic damage and added Strikethrough, but healing allies that happen to be in the way is a bonus. Void Slip to escape threat if the tank is having trouble dealing with doubtless huge aggro you're pushing out.
  12. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

The more I look at this the more I want to first get in game and see how it performs before making the decision on a build. I wont pass judgment yet on any one power or action till I can see the effects in real time.

Does that sound wrong?
  13. Borz

Borz Cupcake-About-Town

Nope. Posting builds for DPS when you can't know actual damage abilities do is kind of silly. Or when you don't know how specific mechanic one or other skill relates to actually works. Or considering that it's still beta and things will change.

Sure, nothing wrong in people killing time and fantasizing about skills they could use, getting their daily dose of WS hype, just try not to take those builds too seriously.
  14. Ares

Ares New Cupcake

If you've been following their class streams and watching the press streams going on lately you can actually figure out how most of the skills work.
  15. eharper256

Hence the disclaimer at the top of the post, things liable to change yadda yadda. Some people (myself included) don't actually care about numbers and want to make builds thematically. In my case, if I can see the abilities first, I can then come up with the type of character that would use that set of abilities.
  16. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

Sad thing is that as you look at builds you will come down to one inalienable fact = MinMax. This will always win out and people tend to follow those who tell them this is the Max spec for your playstyle. I know some who will just sit back and be told what to make based on the work of others.
  17. eharper256

Some will, sure. People who care about winning, people who want to be cool, and other sheep. Call me casual, but I don't give a damn if I'm building 'wrong' so long as I can have some fun with friends. Part of the draw for me to WS was the whole 'build what you want'. I want to be out there trying crazy ass builds and laughing at the all the surprised people who go 'u mad bro?'.

On that note, here's a rebuild of the 'amazing' Tanking Spellslinger.
  18. Glory

Glory New Cupcake

Another thing that is often missed in those calculators is whether or not the ability if off the global cooldown. Nothing seems to mention which abilities are, or are not, on the global. (besides in game testing I guess)
  19. mmimzie

mmimzie New Cupcake

Here's my PVE engineer tank build. With abit of a write up on just about everything. However the grammer is of question.
  20. eharper256

Here's a funny new concept: The "I Liek Plazzmah!" Warrior Tanking Build. As you might guess, the challenge set was make sure it uses all of the Plasma abilities (we'll also assume cannon volley fires plasma, and we're using some kind of plasma sword). Ironically enough despite its silly theme it actually looks really solid, dishing out mad amounts of threat and damage whilst debuffing the enemy. Not an awful lot of self heals going on though, so relies on your healer being moderately competent.

As an aside, I seem to keep hitting walls trying to attempt a Medic build. Does anyone know if Discharge really the only spammer/autoattack ability they have? I initially thought Particle Collider was one, but its LVL 8 is reduce its cooldown by 50%, and an AMP goes on about its charges. Weird.