1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Predict WildStar's Release

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xlugon Pyro, Oct 8, 2013.

?

Which month in 2014 will WildStar release?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2014.
  1. January 2014

2.5%
  2. February 2014

6.8%
  3. March 2014

20.5%
  4. April 2014

34.8%
  5. May 2014

19.3%
  6. June 2014

6.8%
  7. July 2014

1.9%
  8. August 2014

1.9%
  9. September 2014

1.2%
  10. October 2014 or Later

5.0%
  1. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

5/28/14
  2. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

On a more serious note I'd say it depends on how many of the announced or promised systems they decide to leave out from launch.
    With 6 months pushback for - mainly - reworking existing systems that weren't well received in beta parallel to implementing whatever was already in a half-finished state this can landslide easily.

Since there's been no news coming out about Carbine bringing in extra hands to help, we have to guess at re-allocation of resources.
    If you can't produce more in volume you can only re-direct efforts, either quantity will suffer or systems/features not deemed 'core' will be postponed for a post-launch patch.

Whether they decide to bite the bullet and go public with it ("we planned for x dungeons to be available at launch but we'll only have x-2 with the last 2 coming in the next x months", or "warplots won't make it for day 1" or "ELO rating for PvP" or "PvE Ladders" or ...) or they go about it all stealth-like to avoid denting the initial box sales... is anyone's guess.

Compilation posts with all the official information come out sofar like this
    http://wildstar.junkiesnation.com/2013/08/05/wildstar-a-guide-to-what-we-know/
    are going to be invaluable going forward as to what parts of announced features are making it to the final product.

My - admittedly pessimistic - view is that.
    - Either we'll get the full package end of summer 2014/fall.
    - Or they stick with the new deadline with reduced content at launch.
    Not both.
  3. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

They are currently recruiting: http://us.ncsoft.com/uk/jobs/
  4. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

Those have been there for the past few months (since before the pushback)
    Only 4 spots on that list are directly related to game content.
    Programmer/Data Analyst, Sr Tools Programmer, Sr UI Designer, Technical Artist (6month contract), "maybe" Localization Manager.

In any case I didn't have ongoing recruitment in mind, more like "Carbine has bolstered their development team with x new members" kind of news trickling out (or they have and I missed them). :)
  5. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I said February and understand that is extremely optimistic. But if we are talking later than April they are pushing it.

Most of us here are big fans, but some of you are sort of nuts if your okay with whenever or late summer early fall, and I'll tell you why. I'd have an extremely hard time trusting anything from Carbine if they push it past "spring". What was it they said in early 2013? Oh yeah it will be released in 2013. Then it became when it's ready and now it's spring 2014.

Because I'm realistic and somewhat cynical I fully expect an announcement in January or February that it will be pushed back again. I truly hope not, because I have loved and wanted to play this game, but my patience is slowly but surely starting to wane.

I am truly tired of the trap that developers fall into. They are so excited about their game and the players keep badgering them for info that they start trickling out info. We of course buy into the info and then it is changed. Stop giving us info unless it is locked in! It's more annoying to read or hear X and then it becomes Y!
    Kash and Katu_Kath like this.
  6. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

February isn't spring is it? Hoping the game comes out early is indeed very optimistic.

An early prediction really doesn't mean anything.
    Heck, even if they knew they couldn't make that deadline, they would likely say they are shooting for 2013 anyways just to keep people following the game.
  7. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Umm, Fairy, February is Spring. Generally February is part of or the beginning of Q1 of the year and in the vast majority of businesses Q1 is Spring.

As to your other point, you're right and it's that duplicity or used car speech that I am basically tired of.
  8. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i said march/april. voted april. im hoping it will be out by then.
  9. Serath

Serath New Cupcake

February, somewhere in the 4 days between valentine's day and my girlfriend's birthday guaranteeing I won't get to play the entire release.
  10. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

You missed the word fiscal. The season as decided by tilt of the earth's axis, relative to the sun probably does end on the 21st, but the spring quarter for businesses (which is what I am assuming Carbine meant when they announced the delay) is just April-May-June.
  11. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

I have to agree with witles, The more a game gets pushed back, the better I expect the game to be. Doesn't really matter who the company is. If Developer X says "hey, look at this awesome game! doesn't this game look amazing?! Don't you wish you were playing it right now?! Well you can, its coming out in 20xx!". If the game does look awesome, and it does grab my attention, I get excited.
    If the developer then comes out and says "Hey, sorry! We were really optimistic about getting the game out by 20xx, but we have to change some things and make it a better experience, so its getting pushed back to 20xx +1", I dont really get upset about it, but it raises my expectations on what the game is going to be.
  12. Hybridium

Hybridium Cupcake

I don't see "Soon" in this poll. I can't vote. :cautious:

(My bet is on June, just before summer)
  13. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

Idk, I consider post march spring and that is 2nd quarter.
    Though Idk, maybe businesses consider it different, but I had never heard that before.
  14. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I thought they were aiming for a Q2 release. Anyway I'm expecting no earlier than March buy I'm thinking June personally.
  15. monko

monko Cupcake

July 23rd, 2020.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  16. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

Where I live Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer and Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer. I thought that was a pretty universal idea, at least in the US. Although yes the official calendar end of spring is June.

I have never heard that anywhere. Spring starts mid March.

Anyway I voted March since that's the standard start of Spring and if I have to wait any longer for this game I don't know what I'll do. I'm already bored and we're still months away.
  17. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

March...

Omg, i'm tired of waiting :(
    Leiloni likes this.
  18. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

Understatement of the year.... :cry:
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  19. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

'Bout time for me to share my opinion.

My guess was essentially late spring with a real chance of a summer release. There are key pieces of info we don't know yet that require a lot of development time, like raids. We do have good evidence that the races and classes are pretty much finalized but content is the biggest concern at this point. Will there be enough compelling and challenging content for us when the game is out? Many have complained how lacking other MMOs have been in endgame content one way or another.

I was leaning towards a June or even July release, but I went with May since at some point, Carbine will have to get WildStar out there no matter what. I could even see a late summer/fall release but at that point, I don't think that'll be a wise decision whether the game is ready or not. I can't see a very early 2014 release either unless Carbine is keeping a lot of mostly or completely finished content under wraps.

Besides, a May release would be perfect. Right at the end of the semester where I can get settled in the game with fewer RL obligations over the summer. XD
  20. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

well iam hoping for march, it's a month with a couple of big releases, but i dont think they can afford to delay it much longer.

Diablo 3 xPac and Dark Souls 2 coming out on march aswell.

Diablo 3 will most likely be delayed, cause it's Blizzard, but still...