1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Prove me wrong!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by ReapRHTB, May 4, 2014.

1. ReapRHTB

ReapRHTB New Cupcake

I have this feeling with this game that i wont love the way my charecter looks due to the cartoon look and feel. I played the game to about level 30 and enjoyed it enough to think of buying it but now looking back i don't know if i will be able to deal with the look. In other MMO's i would see the end game gear and want to be one of the first to get it join a top end guild and try every day until i got it so i could look like a bad ass! Can anyone show me what end game armor looks like and is it bad ass?

Another thing is big numbers, i used to love hitting people on crit for some crazy numbers and just over react about it. Anyone have anything on how hard people can hit in PvP or a video of someone doing stupid high crits?

Thanks for all the help :)
  2. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Which class did you play to level 30?
  3. ReapRHTB

ReapRHTB New Cupcake

I played a medic but im thinking of Warrior for tanking.
  4. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Well, if you don't like the WildStar look, there's not much that can be said about that. It would be hard for WildStar to pull of some of the crazy stuff it does it it had the graphics like ESO. Again, simply a matter of taste on your part. I'd hate for you to play a game you don't like the look of.

Also, grats on getting the medic to 30! You must have played before they put the level cap on the beta.

If you're interested in what the high end armors look like, I recommend you check out the Galaxy Library mod by Lemonking. It allows you to preview all of the gear that's in the game.
    Here's the link: http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220109-galaxy-library
    gabers1 likes this.
  5. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Someone did a full set of all armors for all classes+races in one of the Reddit threads. Don't have a link.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

What has the looks of end gear has to do with the earlier stated fact that you kinda dislike the whole cartoon feeling?
    High end gear will not suddenly make the whole world of Nexus less cartoony.
    Seems to me you are trying to cover up your main issue, and that's that you don't like the cartoony look. If you really, really don't like it then no end gear can fix that anyway.

I suggest playing a couple more hours/days and try to get used to the cartoony looks, if you can't....too bad.
  7. Pestilinz

Pestilinz Cupcake

Here's the elder game PvP gear

For PvE you'll have to do a reddit search.
    Fishsticks likes this.
  8. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

I still maintain that they look far too much like japanimation from the '80s.
  9. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

I have a feeling I won't like the way your character looks either. My character, however, will look fantastic. Like something out a 80's Japanese Animation. Oh Yeah Cupcakes!

Oh and if you like Big Numbers I think there is Add On that will adjust the Font Size for you.
  10. Credz

Credz New Cupcake

Well I was hoping big numbers weren't going to happen simply because it will just have to be scaled later. Early levels you seem to have quite a bit of health averaging somewhere around 2.5k around level 10, I don't remember the number exactly, but I hope they do add some type of system as hitting big, but in a sense of a percentage base attack.

On the topic of armor, this is a sci-fi game, what would you expect? I expect that they have some really nice armor for warriors, and engineers, but for the class I play, Spellslinger, I think the gear looks really good. So maybe you should keep trying to find what you like. I personally love the look of the game so far, but that's just me.
  11. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

I really love the concepts for these, but the execution..... :cry:

[​IMG]
    Dirty Outlaw likes this.
  12. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

lol imao

I saw the vid and man stalker armor disappoints.
  13. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Some of the shoulders probably look to big because they are floating (that could probably be a scaling issue or intentional)