1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Pumped About Rune Sets!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by PalsyPlague, Apr 30, 2014.

1. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

Maybe this is a silly thing to make a thread about but I just read through Flannan's guide to Runecrafting and I am just pumped to hit max level and build some rune sets in items.^^

I had a lot of fun just reading through the various rune sets in the game. I always assumed that every set was going to be a +stat thing, but a bunch of them have pretty cool effects. Here's a link to his guide so you can read it yourself:

http://www.2arcgaming.com/index.php?/topic/26-guide-runecrafting-updated-for-winter-beta-patch-4/
  2. Spongbob the squarepants

Spongbob the squarepants New Cupcake

3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

I'm not. Overall they are rather boring, and its a total pita to get the ones you really want with the slots themselves being random in both number and type.
    Bnol likes this.
  4. Dalrok

Dalrok New Cupcake

I think that the idea around the Runesets is absolutely awesome, however the system in how your weapons get Runeslots and such seems like such a pain in the ass but at the same time it'll keep us grinding the same content for that specific item drop with the right Runeset. :p
  5. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

They are very meh to me, there will be mathematically best sets. Especially as a healer, you need the focus regen set (since the focus regen amps are absolutely garbage). Just another grind.
    Dalrok likes this.
  6. Livnthedream

Not really. You already have plenty of reasons to go through the "same" content because it changes week to week. Even then, Elder Gems just mean that you will be buying vendor gear for the specific runeslot you want. Very few people ever reach "bis" even in the current give us all the gear that is WoW, it doesn't make anywhere near as much difference as people think it does.
  7. Dalrok

Dalrok New Cupcake

An encounter changing from week to week doesn't make someone want to clear it more if they already have what they want out of the Dungeon (loot).

Loot is always the driving force after the accomplishment of downing the boss actually happens. BIS Gear while it may be minimal it's still an improvement small little numbers add up to bigger numbers. Is it necessary? No absolutely not, does it give people something to strive for in terms of improving their In-Game Avatar; Yes, 100%.
  8. Livnthedream

Its not the only. It may be the most popular, but its just one of many. You really think the world first guilds kill themselves just to be the first ones to get loot? Or the guy who does have all the loot from there but continues to raid anyway? Or the guy who raids on 12 characters across 3 guilds?

As for bis, those "little numbers" don't actually add up. Even if you are amazing and don't waste most of that miniscule increase through mistakes much of it comes out in the wash of rng. There is a reason why even world first guilds will often stop running a tier for a month of two before the next one comes out, even knowing that they will be going into much of the upcoming content undergeared. Basically, if you want to tell yourself it matters to make yourself feel better, go ahead, but I wish you understood that its actually pretty meaningless. :)
  9. Dalrok

Dalrok New Cupcake

I've been apart of Top Tier Raiding for most of my life actually and while the experience of learning the encounter is fun and changing that up from Week to Week is definitely going to keep the life of content longer, there is a point where you stop raiding.

Why do you think many World Level guilds go from Raiding 7 Days a Week playing nearly non-stop to clearing current content in 1 Night and then not playing for the rest of the week.

Because they have nothing else to do unless they were like me and used the time after Content was cleared to PvP.

BIS is not meaningless if it was no one would do it. I'm not 100% sure you even understand what you are talking about when I know from experience, but that's completely besides the point. I don't really care what you "think" because you can think what you want, I expressed an opinion and you just wanted to argue completely pointless.