1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Puzzle" Bosses

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by ruff_ethereal, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I would really like to see some boss fights where you can't bring its health down through the group just wailing on it. I'd love to see fights where you have to destroy massive generators that are producing monsters while the boss sits in a giant control room, have to defend and load a series of SAM launchers to bring down a flying boss, or something like this:

I believe it would help a lot with keeping dungeons and raids fresh and interesting if you weren't just trying to bring down the lone massive guy in the room all the time.
  2. Ugh

Ugh Cupcake

I'm sure we will see all manner of crazy boss fights. The devs don't seem to be lacking in the creativity/humor department! Good idea!
  3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

You realize each and every boss in every raid ever is nothing but a math puzzle right?
  4. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Yes, a math puzzle where you have to figure out the best rotation to bring them down fastest and keep your casualties to a minimum. I just want a few where the problem is figuring out what order you should destroy power totems or something, how many holdouts you can do on a single cannon before the waves become too much for the optimal amount of defenders/loaders, or when you should be wailing on the boss or activating the EMP to rid him or it of its defenses and adds.
  5. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Not at all. Even the add fights, or fights that you want to avoid or push through certain phases are nothing but a math puzzle. All games are nothing but math.
    BlindSear likes this.
  6. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Well from one of the video's from gamescom I'm pretty sure JG said that some stuff in raids and such would include paths, like you may need to build certain things or have people doing jump puzzles at the same time and such, so i wouldn't put it past carbine to do some pretty in depth bosses.
  7. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

Puzzle content is about the only thing Star Wars: The Old Republic did right, and they barely touch on it. The fleet puzzle for +10 to all stats is really well designed(if unpolished in the actual geometry of the room), and the laser maze mission was smart. They have the framework for some really great intellectual content & someone on the inside stumbled onto some great ideas and instead they keep churning out these garbage daily killathons, it's sad.
  8. bramokki

bramokki Cupcake

y they just should make every boss a puzzle like in vannila wow where u had to found out when u had to cleanse and where u had to walk when there came bugs from the sky :)