1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PvP - Does it currently work for you?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Dyraele, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Thank-you for your service in Iraq, and I really do mean that. I am also glad to see someone whose life is dedicated to making real changes in the real world.

I've never volunteered at an animal shelter or a nursing home. Just soup kitchens and homeless shelters. Now that you've mentioned it though, there is a nursing home across the street from me. Once I get over this sinus infection I'll knock on the door and see if they accept volunteers.

Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  2. Foxentist

Foxentist New Cupcake

I generally am not a fan of PvP, I've rarely ever enjoyed it. Then again the PvP I have tried is what VooDoo has described. People getting stupid tiers of pvp gear that gives everyone a ridiculous advantage over everyone else. WoW does this a lot. I was decently geared, but then some MoFo in purples comes around the corner and one shots me. Literally just rogues and druids one shotting my priesty every time. Not very fun. More often its a battle of who has the best Gear. Even at the lower levels, it was "Hairlooms or GTFO" with a lot of the people just twinking.

In my opinion, the largest obstacle for PvP to reach beyond the "PvP Enthusiasts" and "PvP Elite" is making it more accessible to others. While MMOs are about progression, I think there is a difference between progression and simply pissing on everyone else. WoW is a good example of peeing on everyone else because they are not a PvP veteran who got the reward of gear that lets them one shot new comers.

I can't really suggest much in how they can tackle this problem without knowing more about their choice of system. But if gear was like it was in say, Global Agenda, where gear played a minor role to skill, that would be nice. At least when the battlegrounds came and I got ripped apart by someone I knew it was because they were just that much better than me. I mean the most top of the line epic weapon with the best modifiers would do only roughly 35% more damage than your standard grey vender trash rifle. Gear was not the all saving grace to pvp. Skill was.

I might try and partake in PvP, but only if it doesn't turn out to be a gear war. I hope with Brotoi that PvP End Game is not the only end game. Even if I managed to get into PvP in Wildstar, when the day is done I want to do PvE and work with my fellow players rather than against them.
    Brotoi, Nonsensicles and VooDoo like this.
  3. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

No worries, far as I'm concerned. I was just trying to explain how your tone was coming across, and how it wasn't helping your position in regards to presenting a persuasive argument. I'd never presume to know your intent with full confidence. :)
    Brotoi likes this.
  4. Lucas

Lucas Cupcake

Anyways...DING! "heat up the oven" achievement unlocked, for the first "hot" discussion of this forum! Congrats! :D
    starspun and aspira like this.
  5. Khalm

Khalm New Cupcake

The only open world PVP I really enjoyed was on the RP-PVP server Emerald Dream. I don't think it was so much the RP portion (although it did help alot) as much as there were soooo many leveling alts. Most of my pvp while leveling was with people around my level. There was alot of ganking too, but more often then not, the ganking was by five alliance around my level clearing out a zone rather then high level coming in to gank lowbies.

It was hard to level up on Emerald Dream, and when you hit level cap, you earned it. Until server transfers happened, then it all went to <REDACTED>.
  6. Mads Bodin

Mads Bodin New Cupcake

I'll keep this short.
    PvP, PvE and RP-PvP/PvE Servers. Everyone like different things and I'm sure they will fill up the servers anyway but i do REALLY hope they give better infomation about whats different on the servers then. Like: In world of warcraft you just join a PvP server and if you dosen't know what world pvp means you just get powned in Stranglethorn vale. Anyway, i hope for different servers but with more infomation :)