1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PvP players! What are you worried about?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by HappinessFactory, Oct 10, 2013.

1. HappinessFactory

HappinessFactory Cupcake

So we have Warplots, Battlegrounds, and Arenas.
    An Elo matchmaking system for all 3.
    And a fast paced, dynamic, skill oriented combat system.

Now with all of that out there I have a hard time keeping my hopes down. I don't want to be disappointed at launch but everything so far is suggesting that wildstar will have the most excellent PvP in mmo history.

So in an effort to keep myself grounded. What are your biggest concerns regarding wildstar pvp?
  2. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

I am also excited for the PVP possibilities, but there is plenty to worry about. You can have all the features in the world, but if the combat isn't fun and fairly balanced it won't matter. Another major concern is Warplots, as we know very little about them, and yet they will provide access to the top PVP gear. Until they lock down all the systems and we can see, or better yet experience, end-game PVP, there are plenty of things that can go wrong.
  3. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

The only thing I am worried about is when I queue up solo and end up on a team full of scrubs.
    Manimal, Afrotech, Vilonic and 6 others like this.
  4. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i am a scrub and i worry about getting matched up with jabberwocky.
  5. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

I am worried that the combat could feel floaty and without impact when dealing with telegraphs and the erratic movement of real players.
  6. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

The reverse is true too. You can have games that last 30 seconds because you randomly get a good team. Since there is some skill involved I think that one good player can go wrecking ball on a team. I would hate to get to level cap and see a HUGE imbalance in factions, which can happen. The hardcore pvpers might go dominion and the pveers go Exile. I don't want to lose every game, but I don't want to get handed a win either.
  7. Deslo

Deslo New Cupcake

I just know that PVP will never truly be balanced, so I just go along with it as long as its entertaining. I'm more worried with lag being a issue from big battles. ((Warplots or on Nexus.))
    Sonntam and CaRaDaGaiTa like this.
  8. sauercrowd

sauercrowd New Cupcake

That PvP will be too easy. I don't just wanna chainCC my enemies and burst them down, i want a "living" reactionary combat that is very fast, and i hope that Healers will not be that powerful in keeping someone alive for 10 minutes without getting resource-problems. That would be pretty lame.
  9. Xo1o

Xo1o Cupcake

Making PvP interesting in an MMO is actually one of the hardest things to do. So so much can not work out, but everything has to come together.
    I find myself trying out MMO after MMO and avoiding PvP until I leveled up my char to max, because I know that as soon as I try PvP, all the flaws of MMO XYZ's combat system immediately jump at me, making me lose interest quickly... It's tough to bring back the fun of old WoW days, really tough.
  10. DaoSage

DaoSage New Cupcake

I just gotta wait to get my hands on the game and see how it plays before I can start getting concerned about aspects of it I can only speculate on before.
    Mercenary and SisterSin like this.
  11. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Warplots are a concern in that I want them to be enormously successful but we know next to nothing about them and having instanced 40v40 matches be a popular and competitive PvP avenue sounds like an incredibly tall order. I have to be skeptical about it for now.

My other concerns revolve around class balance and comp. balance, especially in arenas. I'd hate to see the same few classes/specs/comps dominating the top of the arena rankings.
    selodaoc and Xecks like this.
  12. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i do worry about 40 people all doing telegraphs where the entire ground is red among other colors from the team. it will be like a freakin rainbow.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I heard that enemy player telegraphs may not actually be seen in WildStar. Might be a non issue.

Still, if warplots become massive clusterf*cks, I fear for their future as a popular PvP area.
    Sonntam and Xecks like this.
  14. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

My concerns are with class stacking and then those classes getting nerfed due to it being unbalanced. 6 paladins and 4 druids in a WSG means that the enemy team needs to be able to catch someone who can't be slowed or snared, with at least 6 forms of CC guarding them. I also encountered a group in WSG that had 7 rogues with Swiftness potions.. lets just say we never caught their flag carrier and our casters tended to spontaneously vaporize into red mist.
    FruitPunchHero and Vilonic like this.
  15. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

true. i dont know . it looked like in another video that you could see the telegraphs of your foes in pvp.
    btw check my post in machari culture . its funny stuff.
  16. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

This would be my biggest concern. Class imbalance or clunky BG mechanics can be fixed, but there are no good way for a company to balance Faction population.
  17. Jabberwocky

FOR THE HORDE!!!

I guess you don't want to see the Dominion outnumber the Exiles like the Horde did to the Alliance, eh?
    Manimal and Xecks like this.
  18. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

horde just attracted the real hard nosed people in the beginning. alliance was more pve people from the beginning thus more alliance pve firsts .
  19. Jabberwocky

I just chose the Horde because the Undead looked awesome but I also played a Gnome because my brother was on the Alliance.

So I played an Undead Warrior and Gnome Mage as my mains.
    Manimal, DaoSage and Xecks like this.
  20. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

gnomes have the best death animation :D. they just kind of flop.i hope the races of wildstar have a good death animation.
    Dirty Outlaw and Xlugon Pyro like this.