1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PvP Tanking

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Cogburn, May 2, 2014.

1. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

Anyone else madly in love with going tank in PvP? I have a level 25 Engi that's set up with a nice PvP Support build, and it rocks the house.

I can fight with multiple opponents on my own and last for a long time. This is extremely useful in carrying masks, holding points, and simply irritating the pants off the Dommies that can't seem to kill me after 5 minutes :roflamo:
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Is the link correct? I only se you have 7 abilities in total and all are still on there first level...

Also which ability generates your volatility? Cause that one won't really suffice to keep your damage up that much. So again is the link to the build correctly given?
  3. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

I just put the build I have at level 25, the number 8 slot isn't open yet. It seems to not have my ability points in there, but they're split up between Miasma and DM.

As for generating volatility, I generate plenty of of it, as DM has it constantly pouring in as well as Ricochet and Shockpulse bringing in 50 together and cooling down fairly quick. The cooldown amps make sure they're all under 10 seconds and by the time I put up Miasma and defensive buffs, they're ready to go again.
  4. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, PvP tanking is a lot of fun. Played an Ironbreaker in WAR and Powertech in SWTOR and it was a blast. I'm yet to decide between Stalker or Warrior, but whatever I choose I'll be playing as a tank for the most part. Both classes are also really fun when going DPS so that doesn't really help my decision. 1st world problems...
  5. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

Yeah I remember Ironbreakers in Warhammer Online, those tank classes in WAR were by far my favorite of any MMO. Still got a lot of decision to make for myself on which tanky tank class I want. My Stalker will probably strictly DP S but I hear the Engineer can be super tanky at higher levels but haven't played one yet. Still I think Warrior is the more familiar Tank class, as long as you have a ton of support power.