1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Question about Aurin

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Teehk, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Teehk

Teehk Cupcake-About-Town

Do you think they will have customize-able tails? I really think it would be cool if they could have Fox tails and other animal tails
  2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Presumably, yes. We've seen the lynx tail on Franko alongside his interesting fur pattern, so it really wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that we'll have all sorts of fluffy tails to go alongside our ridiculous and wonderful ears.

Choice is always good with character creation. We won't emerge from it until weeks later, but DAMN will that be a fun time stuck on your computer, never seeing the sun and praying your net doesn't derp.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

If we can customize our tails too...

WOW.

Heaven is real and it is called Wildstar.
  4. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Uh, lynx tail...? Franko has a normal Aurin tail. His fur pattern is just striped. I've kept a close eye on the Aurin because it's the race I'm going to play and I really love customising characters in games. So far I've only seen one tail type for the Aurin. Well, the females have a bit fluffier and maybe longer tail and the males have a rounder tail end. But that's it.

[​IMG]

I suspect the Aurin need a long tail as it helps them keep balance while jumping around in trees, Just like Liara said in the 'Meet the Aurin' -interview.

"Well obviously everyone's a little different. But yes, we've all got ears. Tails, too. And since Arboria is covered in forests, things like ears and tails come in pretty handy. You ever try frolicking on the branches of a tree without a tail? I don't recommend it. "

I've posted several pictures in the 'Aurin ear types' and 'Pictures of male Aurin' -threads where you can see plenty of tails. They're all the same, though.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

This must mean aurin probably have more acute senses and have really strong tails.

Okay, I demand Carbine incorporate triple wielding for aurin! That way, I can create a green-haired male aurin stalker soldier and name him Zoro! Only that instead of his mouth, he'll use his tail!

AAAWWWWWWEESOOOOOOMMMMEE!!!
  6. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Are you thinking of a monkey style branch-grabbing tail? :p I was talking about a cat style balancing tail. Cats (and some other animals) use their tail for balance, for example when climbing on branches or fencetops. Also helps cats land on their feet.

"By extending its tail, an animal can shift its center of gravity and maintain its balance when necessary."

This could also explain the ring Aurins have on their tail. Extra weight at a strategic spot might help?
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Yeah. I looked at the quote you got from Liara and it makes sense that aurin could have an added feature of dexterity with their tails. It would be pretty cool. :)
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Here's the Aurin Interview Voiced by Me and Blankspace, if you don't wanna read and just wanna listen :-D

Yall should also listen to the other ones that we at SVG did as well! If you've not read the Character Interviews this is an awesome way to get the info without doing all that reading ;-) lol!
  9. Nivthulan

Nivthulan New Cupcake

Can't wait to build an Aurin! >_< It's like I was born to play one. @_@
    Yeah I'm gonna go hide now. :p
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.