1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Questions About WildStar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 19, 2011.

1. WarpCode

WarpCode New Cupcake

Sigh, someone had to mention L2. I loved me some L2. Then again I jumped ship on the retail servers when I discovered L2 Paradise and found that L2 could be both extremely enjoyable to play and a beautiful game all around. Unfortunately it became so popular, NCSoft had it shut down.

Anyways, I dont really see WildStar having any sort of open pvp system where anyone can attack anyone. I think you will see pve shards and pvp shards where pvp is faction based. Hopefully we will have 3 or 4 faction so that pvp can be more challenging and perhaps we can see some rvr type pvp zones like they had back in DAoC. Thats probably wishful thinking but this early in development it might not be too late to push for something like that.
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Bit off topic now! Maybe start a PvP thread?
    VooDoo likes this.
  3. Psygon

Psygon New Cupcake

here is a question from me:
    How will character customisation work... will you get lots of options to make your character your own?
  4. Stephan Langø

Stephan Langø New Cupcake

Nothing we know about
  5. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

I'm on the same page but one of the things that made DAoC so special was that it had 3 factions. In some small way I think that's why Warhammer Online RvR failed in comparison. Man, how I long for those old DAoC epic battles.
  6. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

I would dangerously assume that we will probably have something like PvE and PvP servers in WildStar. This way you can roll on the carebear server and never worry about getting ganked. Then I can roll on my pvp server, and when somebody comes by and starts taking the kills I'm doing for my quest, I can whip out my pistols, scream "GET.... OFF.... MY.... LAWN!" and riddle them with enough holes to make swiss cheese jealous.
  7. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Of course that'd only work if they didn't do that to you first and THEN took your quest kills.
    Brotoi likes this.
  8. Pontianak

Pontianak Cupcake

Ha ha! To true! But that is the danger of playing on server with world pvp active. There is a danger element that is always with you. I'll never complain about getting my butt tossed to me because I know, at the end of the day, I would have done the same thing to them. I won't follow players around and camp them though. Camping a persons corpse is grounds for slappings of the worst kind, and I prefer it be a group session that the camper will have all sorts of trouble getting away from.
  9. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

I do so hope that it's PvP "optional". I'm no carebear, but I prefer to quietly grind,or farm sometimes, and that can oft be ruined by some other's need to "prove" themselves. Their "fun" is not my "fun". I have nothing against PvP, per se, only that "certain 10%" of the PvP enthuiasts that gives the other 90% a bad name. Y'all wanna knock heads together like a pair of young Granoks? Have fun, "Knock yourself out". As for me, I *just* got my hair the way I like it, and would prefer it not mussed up, kthx.

In a game touted to "Play, your way", it wouldn't make sense for one play preference to override the other.
    So, if it's a "CareBunny" server delineation, I'd be quite content with that.
    Brotoi likes this.
  10. starspun

This is what makes me think servers will be split into PVE and PVP types.
  11. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

or there is no other playable faction... leaving vindball to be the only pvp
  12. starspun

Except it's already been confirmed there is another faction.
  13. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

they didn't say it was playable did they? they just said there was another faction...
  14. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Confirmed in the Press Release. Playable faction.
    Ekhael likes this.
  15. starspun

Straight from the press release.
    Ekhael likes this.
  16. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm, a lot of folks are on the server types- I hope I'm not alone in being an avid role-player who would thoroughly enjoy immersing myself into a new IP such as this. From what I could tell possibilities are endless.
    So, count me in for the server types. What kind of Server Types will be available?
    Also, it may not be important, but who are the music composers for this game? I am one who enjoys the ambience of the background music, and this is a big "want to know" for me!
  17. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

There's a couple things I'm curious to see that haven't been revealed/discussed yet, like character advancement. A lot of games will allow us to choose from various power sets or "trees", some with more flexibility than others. Will Wildstar be like that? Will a Spellslinger be able to focus more on improving their trick shots or delve into fancier spells? Stronger healing versus weaponry for Espers? I have no idea, just something to keep an eye on as the game develops.

I'm also excited to see how the crafting pans out, since they've been promising something more flexible than what's available in other games. Just what will that involve?

One small feature from Rift that I really enjoyed was the Wardrobe function. If I had a set of armor that I really liked the appearance of, but it was lower quality compaired to the gear I needed to wear in order to progress, I could overlay the "fashion" armor over the "stat" armor so I could keep the appearance I liked but with the stats I needed. Just a nice little quality of life detail, but it was great for personalizing the look of your character, especially in conjunction with armor dyes. I bring it up because I'd be excited to see something similar in Wildstar, since they've promised so much customizability.
    Autumnal likes this.
  18. Proper

Proper Founding Member

I know they said the quests will be dynamic, where if you are in a group of 3 and one starts the solider quest to kill waves of enemies the number of enemies scales with the number of players in the group (eg. 1 player fights 10 mobs, 3 players fight 30 mobs). Will this be true of dungeons as well? Can a single players go into dungeons and the dungeon scales based for one person? Can 7 players go into a 7 player scaled dungeon? 22? etc.
  19. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Good question, Proper. Though, I doubt the dungeons and the instances themselves will be scaled per player. I may be wrong!
    It would be interesting, though. I'd expect the rewards from dungeons to be significantly greater for the more participants, if this were the case. I'm wondering if for the dynamic quests if this is what will happen. The more players, the higher the difficulty, the better the reward.
    Will there be a reward system similar to Warhammer? Where your participation and activity dictates your reward?
  20. starspun

Oh, I'd love to see scaling dungeons, although if this is (or somehow became, *COUGH*) a feature, I'm curious as to how it'd work if a player left or joined. I could see something like this be easily abused if it worked off the number of players in a group when someone enters, for example.