1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Questions About WildStar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

based on my experience with scaling instances the scale was based on the group size at creation. Anybody that joins the group during the instance would not be allowed into the instance but would have to wait for the next round. If anybody left (LD'd) then everyone had to cover for them or restart the instance. As far as open world dungeons it might be a simple matter of spawning more mobs as mobs are needed. If everyone wipes then maybe they reset to a nominal number after a short term, or maybe they stay there in ambush until regular visits whittle the number down.
  2. blubox

blubox New Cupcake

Dynamic scaling isn't impossible. As a matter of fact Guild Wars 2 is built almost entirely on dynamic scaling in dungeons as well as open world. At Gamescom they even talked about having dynamic boss scaling that when groups were a certain size it used a certain skill set, but if someone dropped out or left the boss would pull back to something still challenging, but more manageable.
  3. .selebu

.selebu Cupcake

As for party play, I would like to see a loot system like in Diablo 3, where you will only see loot that is yours.
    Only if you decide to drop it, other players can see it
  4. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

In CoH both open areas and instances scale according to player population. On a slow day in any zone that is not defined as a "Hazard Zone" enemies are seldom found in anything more than pairs. On a busy day groups of five or ten enemies are not uncommon. Instances not only scale to size, but variety, presenting more lieutenants and bosses for larger groups, fewer or none at all for small groups and solo play. CoH also has tools an individual player can adjust to make the game treat them as a group. So if you feel really gung-ho, you can adjust your difficulty so that instances treat you like a full group of 8 players even though you're flying solo (or anywhere in between).

My Masterminds, for example, almost always run with settings that correspond to high difficulty three person group while for Brutes or Scrappers I like to run as if I were medium difficulty four person group. As a result my Masterminds routinely take down Elite Bosses while my Brutes tend to face groups of lieutenants. It makes running missions very comfortable with just the right challenge level for my semi-laid back playstyle.
  5. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

1) If the settler is all about socializing and building, how does he/she get money/resources to build?
  6. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

Settler is only the path, so a player who chooses this one, is probably still able to do normal quests, thus gaining money. Then there are the path related quests which also gain him money.
    For the resources, maybe there will be some professions to choose from, like lumberjack or something.

I hope we will know more about professions and related things soon :D
  7. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

I'm curious to see how crafting pans out. Somehow I envision Settlers being connected well with that facet, but I know it's supposed to be more open than that. I just see some of my more social friends and how they enjoy playing the player economy through trade and auctions. It seems like something that'd fit well into that particular path play-style.
  8. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Well they insisted it will be "stuff you actually *want*, not just sell to a NPC when you're done".

However, I do agree. a *useful* crafting system could be a refreshing change from the "Build 10 Rats" model that can make/break the "crafting aspect" of a game. But, like just about everything else, all we have at the moment is a few vague hints, data scraps, and theorycrafting.