1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Questions for Carbine Studios?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

God no, I don't want that. People are joining guilds because of the rewards and leveling perks only nowadays. Not because of any social aspect anymore. Lower level guilds have a hard time to grow as well, because people don't want to switch guilds if they loose out on the perks and such. Guilds died in WoW because of it, including my own.
  2. Opi

Opi New Cupcake

Yeah thats what I mean, I DONT want them to do something like that. Guilds should be something social, not just join because XP rewards and that stuff..
    HoseMan likes this.
  3. Michael72

Michael72 Cupcake

I basically agree on that. There is nothing wrong, though, about giving guilds that achieve a lot some kind of cosmetic bonuses, e. g. access to special mounts, pets or vanity items, so that they can show off a little. Everybody wants them shinies, in the end. It just should not affect gameplay in a harmful way and should not punish smaller guilds. Actually I always preferred the small familiar guilds over the huge ones, and guild leveling systems that actually affect the effectiveness in gameplay or give you OP bonusses are just destructive to those little guilds.
  4. Opi

Opi New Cupcake

Yeah perhaps the PvP guild will get some kind of pvp colours and the pvers will get some coolish pets or cosmetics. Maybe if you do a guild run on some heroic boss you will get some kind of pet from the boss in the guild. I think its okay with cosmetic items as long as its not "10% More XP!" <REDACTED>... That ruins guilds for me because that makes it feel like you need to be in a guild when leveling or else you're losing the extra xp.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  5. Duckdee

Duckdee Cupcake-About-Town

Will there be a follow player/enemy function?
  6. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I would like to see a faction with guilds.

Not xp to level the guild, I agree it is not much use and detrimental to new guilds.

A guild faction that decide wether or not you as a member have access to specific guild perks like the vanity/cosmetic ones mentioned. Perks that takes some hard work would require a higher faction than those, that are almost unavoidable (unavoidable achievements are kind of moot to have btw).

Participation in guild objectives would give faction bonusses for the character - or account - participating.
  7. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

My questions are as followed...

-Will we be able to travel into space? Explore the moons of Nexus ((If it has any.)) or other nearby planets?

-Will Space Ship battles exist sometime in Wildstar? ((No on the rails either...Swtor, you dirty dirty little minx you.))

-If yes on Space flight...Guild Ships? Personal crafts? Options?

-Will Protostar Corporation give me discounts out of the goodness of their hearts?!
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  8. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

There was one interview that stated something about going into space, I remember commenting about it.

From what I have seen so far of Protostar Corporation, even discounts will come with a price tag :p
  9. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

Let's not go into the stars and fight, the idea might be noble but generally end up being a "weak" (man I'm being nice this year" copy of an arcade game. IMO
    Now to explore other Moons of Nexus think it might be logic but only once the game is out and is awaiting an Xpac ^^ otherwise it just does't make sense to go to a planet and decide right away "let's go guys we gotta explore these moons" ><' just saying. IMO

^^
  10. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

A few more questions...

-In the trailer, the Granok Soldier was named Sarge by the Human Explorer...Is that his real name or is it just his rank?

-Do the Aurin Scientist and Human Explorer in the trailer have official names as well?

-Will they have a major role in the upcoming game?
  11. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I think Sarge is both his rank and nickname. The Aurin is named Liara and the human is Buck. :D
    Manes likes this.
  12. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you for the answers.
  13. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

There were a couple of interviews with them in the WildStar Wednsdays a long time back. You should check them out. (Should be links to them here somewhere...)
  14. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

December 2011. They were originally MMORPG.com features, I linked them in my post above. ;)
  15. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

Doh. I did not notice those links! Of course someone would be way ahead of me with the information! (They were a good read too.)
  16. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

-Hope you implement a way to make players able to play on other regions of the world. Like maybe the EU player will connect to the EU datacenter but play on NA servers. I don't how this stuff work, but I hope its possible and make the EU and NA players on that NA server not have a vast difference in ping and no lag.

-I hope we can have characters of both factions on 1 server. if there is a conflict with the world pvp issue that you don't want that because of spying and such. maybe an option to disable one of the factions you are playing for in the server from participation in World PVP. Ex. I am a Dominion player (All hail the empire!) and I have a exile character to experience the story, to play with exile friends on the other side some PVE etc.. I can choose in an option somewhere That when I world pvp I will only represent the Dominion. To further prevent spying maybe charge a fee if you just decide to switch over (traitors!) to the other side and choose to main an exile instead.

-the guesting feature that who knows when will finally come to GW2 is great for friends playing with each other who happen to be on different servers. The chance to just pop over to another server play a while with your friend and pop back later is a very nice social feature that is great if it could be implemented. Though I think I know why it is not implemented yet in GW2 because it might be exploited a lot. for example. people know the timer for the dragon world events so after soing in on one server they will just jump to other servers and farm the same events there as well in the same day since the dragons are not instanced.
    Futhermore I do not know if this feature will clash with carbines effort to make each server like a community
    basically I want a chance to play with our great community in this forum easier to do (might be a bit selfish but I hope many will benefit from all this). Maddog keeps talking about a neon pink squad and I except that in game maddog! :p
  17. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

Will each faction be able to talk to one another, or will a language barrier be placed for other reasons?
  18. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Good question... I hate trying to PVE and being aggravated into PVP by the other faction taunting \ yelling \ talking to me. Though I do love PVP, I like to pick the time and place. I used to live in DAoC RVR so not carebear here, I just like to get my PVE time in without the hassle.

My question is... When will we see how healing is handled and how healers will be setup, like what class can heal.?
  19. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

Regardless of what language is provided, harassment will be around.
    Currently from what I heard. The game will follow the tried and true Holy trinity of DPS, Healer, and Tank.

Watching a old video explaining this, they labeled Spell Slingers as pure DPS, Warriors as optional Tanks, and Espers as optional Healers. I'll try to find the video...

I think this is the one. Though it could be outdated.
  20. PsiGun

PsiGun Cupcake

I'm interested in canceling telegraphs. When you start an ability and the telegraph lays out are you locked to finish the ability?

For pvp it could be interesting to see some "fake outs", where you cast an aoe telegraph, the player moves so you cancel it out and pop a root effect. If you start a straight cone of effect, the player moves left can I then switch to a counter effect?

Will telegraph shapes be customisable?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.