1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Questions for Carbine Studios?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amlin

Amlin Cupcake

Thus far I haven't seen much detail about anything related to Cross-Faction interaction in the game so I'll ask about the real meat about it.

While this game will have two rivaling factions, will it have effects on guilds and grouping for party/raids? Total faction segregation gives rise to a new issues especially for friends and families who may not enjoy playing the same faction yet still want to play together. How do you plan to address this issue? Will you take a more traditional route like WoW or be more open like with Rift?
    Patrician likes this.
  2. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Is multi-guilding, or multi-association constructs a game feature in WildStar?
  3. Scooter

Scooter Carbine Studios

Some abilities cancel-on-movement, others can be casted while moving. You can cancel any ability before it's finished, though.
  4. PsiGun

PsiGun Cupcake

O.0. Ok now your just teasin'. Combat is going to be so amazing!
  5. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

With that knowledge PvP seems more about zone control now... How fun!!
  6. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

It better be. Battle grounds and other instanced PvP is boring to me.
  7. JarNod

I meant more in the actual combat. You can direct opponents into traps by "telegraphing" a big nuke in one spot, and then they run over to a different spot where you are waiting to ambush them. Now it's going to look more like a frenetic chess game. :D
  8. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Chess is the best PvP game ever made.
    Recruiter likes this.
  9. Riepah

Riepah Cupcake

Are class/race restrictions final or is there still hope for us poor, little Aurin Warriors?
  10. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

I gotta admit, I haven't read through all the questions, so it's possible this has already been mentioned, but in case it hasn't:

Will there be cross faction communication? So many games completely restrict the interactions between the two sides, but I'd personally love to be able to chat with both sides, none the least for the sake of potential roleplay.
  11. Khade Deveron

Khade Deveron New Cupcake

A few questions for consideration.

1. To what degree will ranged classes play a part in the game. Thus far, the videos appear to have a heavy focus on melee combat.
    2. Are abilities tied to weapons? Put another way, do classes have different forms of weapons available? For example, can a stalker use a blaster pistol or is it strictly tied to using melee claws?
    3. Because no one else has asked this...when will beta start and what kind of bribes do you take to get in :)
    4. What, if any, thoughts are there on player cities?
  12. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Hi Khade! I can answer three of these questions for you.

1. Carbine has announced 2 ranged classes and 2 melee classes as of right now. (Ranged: Esper, Spellslinger // Melee: Warrior/Stalker) and as such I think it's safe to assume that we'll have 1 more of each a ranged and melee class.

2. Each class is tied to a weapon -- greatsword for the warrior, blasters for the spellslinger, psyblades for the esper, and claws for the stalker. All evidence that we've seen thus far points to these not being interchangeable.

3. The best part is you don't have to bribe them! Just be active on these forums and show Carbine how excited you are about the game :)

4. <REDACTED> :p

And welcome to WSC!
  13. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

So awesome how combat is gonna be, cant wait to play it and feel that in my hands.
    Anyway hope some questions Carbine will answer soon are somethig related with PvP or payment model, because those 2 can easily change the way I look WildStar.
  14. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Hey, look what I found: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_boss_lore_-_metal_maw.php
  15. ruff_ethereal

Sexual deviancy is a rampant, and probably unavoidable, problem in MMOs and anything having to do with the Internet, really.

In that respect: what are the options for physical and sexual attractiveness with our characters, if there are any? Personally, my Aurin Scientist Lifira is going to be flatter than cardboard, but I understand that some players like some bounce in their females.

I would be rather sad if all of our characters were stuck with one body type, and the same size for their assets.
    Rogosh likes this.
  16. ruff_ethereal

Also, since the game has already gone to the point of blatant alcohol consumption, what other more "adult" things will we be seeing that skirt the line between "Not for Kiddies" and "Shouldn't be seen by Kiddies"?

I'm hoping for a bar run only by Aurin, with less revealing Playboy style outfits, where the password is "Yes, I'm into that."
  17. The Boshy

The Boshy New Cupcake

hey carbine studios, I've got a couple of questions:

1) what does the actual world look like?
    2) is there more than one continent/ planet that you need to take some kind of ride to?
    3) what is the class that uses the rifle like in the house video?
  18. JarNod

19. Den

Den New Cupcake

I thought the same before starting to play go.

The way telegraphs are made they really can make more fun to PvP system giving some more dinamic to it. All depends on how they are implemented in the game.
  20. Maestric

Maestric Cupcake

Business Model - thats what I really would love to know right now . :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.