1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Questions for Carbine Studios?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Boshy

The Boshy New Cupcake

2. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

That makes more sense! My apologies :)
  3. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Yeah but Queens are so OP it's not even funny. Knights are SO BROKEN! And WTF is up with pawns? Talk about needing some love...

But on another note, I really want to know if we'll have the ability to communicate with the other faction, at least in /say and /em. And if they allow that, just give us the ability to /ignore the other faction members too and everything should be golden. :)
    Pyaray and ruff_ethereal like this.
  4. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

Are 40-man raids intended to be the Elder Game raiding focus? You've mentioned that there will be 20-man raids as well. Will there be enough content to keep a dedicated 20-man raiding guild busy, with a clear progression path? Or will smaller raids be supplementary to the larger ones?

Thanks.
  5. lickamouse

lickamouse New Cupcake

Dear Carbine,

For those of us that are altoholics, will each race have unique quests or missions in each zone to keep questing fresh? I know the professions will offer variety amongst the quests, but is any quests linked to the race you choose?
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

ok, read this to my hubby and he has this to say (which I had to type up after catching my breath from laughing so hard) :

What do you mean Pawns need some love? They're the most under-valued class in the game! I mean they dance across the screen and then BOOM they're an OP Queen now! If you're playing with the house rules of En Passant, they can attack the enemies simply by moving behind them! And if you think Knights are broken, you've obviously not played with that many Bishops!
    Pyaray, ruff_ethereal and Patrician like this.
  7. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Ahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa... Here, have ALL my likes.

And all I have to say in reply is:

"En Passant is for noobs who have no real skillz, next thing you'll be telling me 2 blitzkrieg, Bobby Fisher Jenkins. I bet when you castle you don't even touch ur King first!"
    Pyaray, Kataryna and ruff_ethereal like this.
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

his reply:

i've got one thing to say to you: E4
    Patrician likes this.
  9. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Well I guess
    Well I guess I could go for the throat like a Sicilian and reply with a c5 and then further insult his faction choice of white... But the mods here are really clever and quick on their feet and we don't want to start a flame war!
    Kataryna likes this.
  10. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

(hubby: )
    I'm impressed with the Sicilian defense. Might have been more impressed with Nf6 going for the Nimzovich variation. Suffice to say, we could probably do this for hours, so lets go ahead and call it a draw now. And besides, I learned a long time ago: Never go up against a Sicilian when Death is on the line...even if it is just chess pieces.
    Patrician likes this.
  11. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I was so hoping to hear this quote, thus my defense choice.

You have married well, Kataryna. Impressive. Most impressive. And not at all inconceivable.

Ahem, sorry to get so far off topic though. >.>
    Kataryna likes this.
  12. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Report option that actually works? Also limiting the amount of reports you have, per week or per day, will reduce the amount of silly reports.
    Honor option? (positive +1 for Friendly, for example) and the possibility to queue with similar people like you taking your rating/rank for reference, but also queue taking care of the "honor" you have.

Edit: thought that was the WUplink lol
  13. Rhsolyn

Rhsolyn Cupcake

My question (sorry if it's already in here):

Will we have the ability to make custom chat channels? This is very important to me and IMO important to the longevity of the game.

Also... Chairrrssssss. Don't say anything else, just look them in the eye and, slowly and softly, whisper "chairs".

I want to sit in them.
  14. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Was the main inspiration for the Mechari the 1994 SNES on-rails shooter, Tin Star?

How do you intend to avoid the intense litigation proceedings that Tin Star's lawyers are so keen on employing to an almost absurd extent?

More importantly: is Aluminum (Tin Star's horse) a mount in the game?

Tin_Star_Coverart.png
    (yeehaw)
    Elthic likes this.
  15. Rogosh

Rogosh Cupcake-About-Town

Are there plans for any open dungeons ie karnors and seb from eq?
  16. Aceofluck

Aceofluck New Cupcake

"Competitive weekly challenges based on the dynamic changes during the week. Epic rewards weekly for being the best or the fastest on your server or worldwide."
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/what_is_wildstar_raids.php

That is something I hoped D3 would have, but wasn't expecting it weekly. 2, even 4, weeks for a new challenge where players can compete for being the best or fastest. Is there any chance your challenges will be accessible for solo players? Raids and other group-orientated challenges can be awesome, but for a lot of people who don't have time to Raid or have friends with different or random schedules, it wouldn't work out to it's maximum potential. It'd be amazing for players to be able to do solo challenges to truly see who's the best or the fastest. Not having to rely on the rest of your group to bring their A game etc etc.
  17. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

Have you considered a server only lfd tool or at the very least a server only option in the lfd tool?
  18. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

take a look at the insanely long thread about LFG tools, look for Scooter's comments in there. He wants to know if we think the only way to build community is LFG tools, or if there could be some other possibility or other tool that could be used to build community on a specific server.
  19. Crackker

Crackker New Cupcake

Just learned about this game on my very first trip to PAX this past weekend. To say that I'm excited is an understatement. My true feelings cannot accurately be expressed in text or human language, so I shall attempt to get my point across by another method.

P*(&QTAFp 7TQO8Gowiefg p7p(d;i o8r32TP4H32 [ 'P W FO:iq F:(o ;I :i#t fq:(*;O8 qhwr;FI Gqepfwih;QUWFH8q @rPq HGYP*Q Y7rf38 98p F*"OAO T*Yf;iwhfpw7ehv !!!!!!!!!

See also: ZOMG, *repeatedly punches himself in the face*, and *runs around screaming incoherently*

That should do it. Now, on subject.

I'm working on getting my guildmates interested in this game and we will inevitably form our guild. I and a few members of our group are raiders, but we often find that we don't have the manpower to hit larger raids (40 is impossible since we don't even have that many members, and even 20 can be tough for us to field enough people who are actually good enough at raiding to be productive). It would be preferable to make a custom chat channel for our "Guild" and then join other guilds that raid on a regular basis/have the folks to hit the numbers required to raid. Some other system wouldn't be terrible, perhaps an option to "Ally" with other guilds and share raid calendars, or the ability to belong to multiple guilds, switching channels when necessary (A la FFXI's Linkshell system, but... you know... Better. ><; ) or maybe even making "Social Guilds" and "Raiding Guilds" as two separate entities that you can join in-game.

I may be in a unique position in this regard, since I and much of my guild tend to be fairly xenophobic and very picky about those we spend in-game time with. Most of us are adults with full-time jobs and kids of our own (I'm single no kids... Just... puttin' that out there) and don't like the BS and drama that comes along with having half the guild made up of punks who are still in high-school, or immature college kids (Not all college kids are immature and we've had a few along the way)

Very much looking forward to learning as much as I can about this game in the months leading up to Beta and then Release (They kept saying "This year" for both during PAX, but couldn't nail down a date... We'll see. :confused:) and can't wait until they officially announce the undead/construct race for Exiles so I don't look like a jerk when I declare that I'll be playing an Undead/Construct Spellslinger. They'd better be able to be Spellslingers... *walks of mumbling and making stabbing motions*
  20. Wayoverpowered

Wayoverpowered Cupcake-About-Town

Here's one I don't think was asked yet...

Will WildStar support TXAA (an NVidia GTX 6xx+ antialiasing method)?

Loved it in TSW...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.