1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Questions for Carbine Studios?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

pretty sure you'll be happy to know of the existence of "Circles" a la Google+ "circles" where you can add people to a certain "circle" it seems. so it seems that you can have your "mini-guild circle" you can have your "pvp with these dudes" circle and your "people i hang with in my house" circle.
  2. Crackker

Crackker New Cupcake

Awesome. Not familiar with Google+ but it sounds perfect. Can't get enough info on this thing. @_@
  3. Kaizan

Kaizan New Cupcake

Will there be future path systems or are you limiting it to four? Cause I would love to see a trading path. All about finding exotic goods or resupplying vendors, creating goods and shipping it out to the quest hubs to keep them functioning, or even incorporate it into the settler path.
    Ian Smith likes this.
  4. herbalz

herbalz Cupcake-About-Town

will they go from closed beta straight into launch or will there be an open beta? not sure if anyones already asked that but figured i'd throw that out there
  5. Ars Valde

Ars Valde New Cupcake

How flexible are class roles? Will Heavy armor be the only tanks, or will there be overlapping roles so you're not forced to wait for someone to grace you with a healer? Will there be multiple builds, to differentiate possibly for open PvE, versus Raiding, vs PvPing?
  6. Talosmight

Talosmight New Cupcake

Will the granok get to be any other class besides just warriors?
  7. Dray

Dray New Cupcake

Each class are either dps/heal or dps/tank, the warrior, stalker and <REDACTED> are tank/dps, and the spellslinger, esper and <REDACTED> are heals/dps. Your builds will be your spells and abilities, you can only have 7 'class' (could change) abilities, so you swap them out + gear to fill your role, that's what i know.

Found here: http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...patch-note-q-a-thread.2474/page-15#post-49057
    There are two classes that are unknown, wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them can be Granok.
  8. Nightshade

Nightshade New Cupcake

I would like to ask them.

1. Will we be given a way to try out the various paths in game before making a permanent decision which one we want our character to take?

2. With all the cool features of housing plots, what is the reason to go to major town hubs? And how will you encourage players to not live exclusively on their housing plots while still providing that option?

3. You have confirmed housing plots can be attacked by NPC's, will there be a system in place in which houses can be raided by players too? Im thinking along the lines of pvp based android house building games ie: Clash of the clans.

4. Will the other plots floating in the sky around your house be faked, or actually be visit-able player plots? And will at least some of those plots be visible in the persistent world too?

Cheers
  9. Darxeid

Darxeid New Cupcake

my question: how is the naming structure set up? is it similar to WoW or to GW2?
  10. Xevius

Xevius Cupcake

A lot of great questions I would have asked myself so far!

Here's a few though that I haven't seen yet:

1) Will there be a Day/Night cycle on Nexus?

2) Will there be swimming? Underwater content? — I'm an explorer at heart.

Someone had to ask these.
    Delight likes this.
  11. deucengine

deucengine New Cupcake

Swimming has been confirmed in the Path video. We haven't seen alot of it but there was at least something.
  12. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

single name, letters and numbers (so far as we know it's server by server names, not world wide that's your name)
    Darxeid likes this.
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Pretty sure they talked about that somewhere and it's a "yes"
  14. Texer

Texer New Cupcake

1) How about personal stores while in cities? Are we going to have that or auction house based economy?

2) A Megaserver or many servers?
  15. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Pretty sure they'll have separate servers - as they've talked about PvE and PvP servers - and they've talked about Cross-Server queuing for PvP and dungeons with the ability to toggle to search your server only for dungeons.
  16. Shinozuka

Shinozuka Cupcake

My question is about player made content. I love the idea. It was about all I liked about Neverwinter.

I played Neverwinter for a bit. It was ok. One thing I did enjoy was the Foundry editor. Some quests were blah. Some were actually very good.

I know there are concerns about lore breakage. But if there were a way to comment on and rate the quests like in Neverwinter a lore breaking quest could be flagged as such.

The up side to player made content is the community can create new and uniqute quests. Bored with the stuff there is at the moment? Make a few quests of your own.

If your a creative thinker you can make some really neat quests.
  17. Lisa

Lisa New Cupcake

Warplots

Do you have a leveling sysyem setup for Waplots? I would like to get multi-tiers on my Warplot for successfully defending and attacking through leveling. Second floor, third floor levels, vendors, crafting stations, upgrade defenses, mounted defense weapons, new siege weapons, maybe NPC's, buffs. When we have to fix our Warplots do I fix it at a terminal and pay with cash or resources? Or can I enter my Warplot and fix it by hand with resources with my Warparty?
  18. Strevz

Strevz New Cupcake

Hi!

Could you give us some more details about the character customization? Will there be some sort of talent tree/class specialization etc. or is the only customization the LAS and the gear customization?
    Are you satisfied with the current number of LAS slots?
  19. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they said this won't be happening at least not for a looooong time - they would have needed the workings for this a LONG time ago for it to happen anytime anywhere near soon.
  20. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

wait until the Warparty Wildstar Wednesday - we have little to no info about them yet
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.