1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Questions for Carbine Studios?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

How extensively will settlers be able to build in Capitol Cities? Will the entire city exist by default or will the community need to hire contractors to build up/upgrade crucial parts, such as extra banks, auction houses, taverns, class wings, or elder game vendors?
  2. binzer

binzer Cupcake

#1. What is Carbine's approach to the viability of different classes in different roles?

For example, is the goal that a Stalker can tank if it has to, but not as efficiently as a Warrior? Or that they tank equally well in almost every situation? Or that they are each better in different situations?

#2. It's been shown that the Scientist path involves puzzles, and that the Explorer path has jumping puzzles. Are the other paths puzzle-less, or will us puzzle lovers find something to love no matter which path we choose?
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Pretty sure they've said that they want each class to be able to do both rolls that that class has available to them - without worrying about "this class isn't THE class for this role."
    Tiberius likes this.
  4. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

They've mentioned that all players will do all content types that is available in paths through quests, but the paths are a way for players to add more content of a specific type that they enjoy. So, all classes will likely have quest objectives similar to path objectives, just to a lesser extent.
  5. binzer

binzer Cupcake

Ah sorry, I should have clarified that more interested in that path system as far as that question goes. I'm a bit of a puzzle-addict, so I want MOAR. It's possible that a soldier might get the odd puzzle while trying to infiltrate a place and assassinate someone, and I'm sure a settler could come across some sort of building puzzle. Nothing has been mentioned though, and I have to admit it's not likely :/
  6. binzer

binzer Cupcake

thought of another questions after seeing the role poll someone made:

In most games the holy trinity ratio doesn't scale very well as group size gets bigger. For example, in a 5-man group you typically need one tank. In a 10 man, you still only usually need 1 tank (sometimes 2). In a 40 man, you'll probably bring 3 or 4. So basically, by the end of the game, half as many tanks are needed. It can be frustrating to create a tank character to fill a much needed role, and then suddenly find yourself not needed once you get to the best content.

Swapping between specs is always an option, but that can create it's own problems in a hardcore raid setting, since it's not really fair to simultaneously build up two sets of gear.

So basically, is this something that Carbine has thought of, and is there a method to address it, or is it just something guilds and players need to figure out for themselves?
  7. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Soldier's "puzzles" are within combat "How do I take down this guy" and Settler's are within maximizing output "Where's the most effective place to put this campfire?" or "How do I get the maximum amount of people to come help me do X?"

Other than that, I'd say roll Scientist, they seem the most "puzzle" oriented, and will have options for things like difficult mobs behind a puzzle door.
  8. Luc

Luc Cupcake-About-Town

1. How many regions are you going to cover at launch? NA and EU of course, and the especific ones like South America,Brazil,Oceanic,German,Russian and Spain?

2. Would you pay to play a game with 400ms at day, and 250ms after midnight?
  9. Nils Jørgen Aavik

Nils Jørgen Aavik New Cupcake

Question: If I go on and pick a Spellslinger Cassian, will I be able to pick any path? Or is it like some races can only be scientist and explorers (example) like it is with the classes?
  10. Texer

Texer New Cupcake

You can pick any Path with any Class/Race combination.

Restrictions are only for specific classes to some races.
  11. Bartender

Bartender New Cupcake

i'd go with mordesh spellslinger, scientist.
  12. Giruvegan

Giruvegan New Cupcake

copycat!

even though im still not sure if scientist or explorer </3
  13. Bartender

Bartender New Cupcake

sir i've had this idea since mordesh was released
  14. Giruvegan

Giruvegan New Cupcake

So have I, but i was just messing around dude.
    Bartender likes this.
  15. wizaki21

wizaki21 New Cupcake

Will there be any kind of personal store or personal auction house plug-in for your house?

Will there be a server wide auction house?
  16. Theirin

Theirin Cupcake

What does the crafting system look like? Are there going to be any new types of gathering professions or crafts? Are there going to be secondary professions that everyone can pick up after they have selected their primary craft? I haven't seen a whole lot on this subject and was wondering what sort of interesting new spins were going to be made on crafting in the game.
  17. Entropean

Entropean New Cupcake

Can I ask about amps or are they off topic because they are still in progress?
    Since there are PvP sextants and PvE ones. If I jump back and forth between arena and raiding will I have to respecialize every time? Will that be a save able load out that I can easily switch between and will there be a penalty for changing my amp build?
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Go ask it in the AMP thread....this thread died a long time ago....:sleep:
    Let it go rest in peace once again :coffee:
  19. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

<Mod Face>Hey there, we do have a big AMP thread up so you're more than welcome to discuss it there, I shall lock this thread due to it's age, also to stop the great necroraising of 2013 from ever happening :). </Mod Face>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.