1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Race/Class specific quests?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Tiberius, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

We know that paths will allow for more varied quests, but do we know whether there will be more unique quests?

For example, in vanilla WoW rogues had unique kill missions, paladins had their infamous early mount quest, and druids had to go through mega quest lines to earn each different animal form. Guild Wars 2 has a 'unique' questline for every combination of race/class, but it was ultimately reskinning the global plot questline. There were no unique "go way out of your way to get this" quests.

What do you think we'll see? The devs definitely like the old school style content, but I know they don't want to force mass market into tedious quests.
    Fate Flyer, Huffle Puff and Elward like this.
  2. Elward

Elward Cupcake

Class quests were some of my favorite memories from WoW. I remember spending ages getting my paladins charger, then when TBC came out there was the quest for the Blood Tempered Ranseur. I loved these quests because they made me feel much more immersed in the game as well as giving me nice little tidbits of lore.
  3. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

I really hope there aren't too many race specific quests! Like in WoW, getting that damn "Lore master" quest by doing quests on freaking Azure and Bloodmyst isles was almost IMPOSSIBLE because the primary quest chains were ALL completely interconnected. If you did not have that very first quest? The one you get from waking up in the wreckage? You missed 75% of the quests in the Draenei zones.
  4. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

I think these quests benefit MMOs really well. I can easily see Carbine adding something like this as 'optional,' which would leave it as Elder Game content. I played a little WoW:BC, left, and then came back in Cata. I remembered the BC flying mounts I always aspired to get and spent a while getting them even though it was 'old content.' It was totally worth it and even distinguished me from a lot of people on the server.
  5. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I wouldnt mind to be honest, as I really did enjoy them and they added a lot of flavor.
  6. Siv

Siv New Cupcake

I really do hope that there are some class specific quest chains. Honestly I feel like they help connect you with the class that you play while making the reward so much sweeter. I have some fond memories of doing them in wow and even appreciated in Rift when you initially had to aquire souls to equip them.
  7. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

I agree. They definitely add flavor content which is always a plus :up:
  8. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

I have fond memories of the class quests in vanilla WoW, I remember how proud I felt when my warrior solo'd Cyclonian and got that sexy Whirlwind Axe. That was quickly overshadowed by jealousy of my brothers Warlock who got that badass scytche from his class quests later on.

If they were to add class quests in Wildstar I'd prefer them to be a bit more than just that though, nowadays I doubt I'd be very excited about a low/mid level class specific weapon for example that is going to get replaced relatively quickly. Stuff like unique titles, cosmetics or mounts would be more of an interesting reward for class quests, so I wouldn't mind that. I doubt they'd make any class quests to unlock class specific abilites, since they've stated that you can level purely by PvP if you so wish.
  9. Revast

Revast New Cupcake

I would love to see some lengthy class quest chains that result in epic quality end (elder) game weapons. Does anyone remember Benediction/Anathema and Lok'delar, Stave of the Anchient Keepers from vanilla WoW? Obtaining those were one of the most memorable moments during my time on Azeroth outside of obtaining a Thunderfury.

Perhaps the weapons can be upgraded throughout some major content patches that would otherwise make them obsolete for those worried about the weapons being tossed aside later down the road. Of course, I can see this becoming a little bland/linear to some, carrying the same weapon around for so long. Making cosmetic (costumes) around weapons would be a good solution, I'd be more than pleased with that.
  10. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

TBH it would be kind of cool but the work that they could put in for a quest for each class means that they could instead make 6 quests available to all the classes. I think with the way that the path system works they will probably have a good mix of quests anyway.
  11. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

I really did love the class quests in vanilla WoW so if we can have more of those with a greater scope and backstory than most classes that would be awesome. Race specific quests along the same lines would be awesome as well.
  12. Crummy Chummy

Crummy Chummy New Cupcake

I thought the class quests in SWTOR were pretty well done. The ones I did finish or at least played through a bit made me that much more involved and connected with my character. It helped me feel like I was in my own movie or TV series.
  13. Scoriae

Scoriae Cupcake

Yes, please! I love class-specific quest lines! Something akin to epic weapon quests in EQ would be awesome.
  14. SteveDiggler24

SteveDiggler24 Cupcake-About-Town

In DAOC, end game class quest chain rewarded a character with a full set of gear uniquely designed for the class. It was very long, and required help in some areas. Something like this in Wildstar would be really neat, and could be an alternative starting point to raid content if one chose not to farm dungeons.
  15. pondfilter

pondfilter Cupcake

Like Laban mentioned, you can level through PvP so I'd like to see the class quests somewhere at the end of the levelling process in the shape of the "Benediction/Anathema" and "Lok'delar, Stave of the Anchient Keepers" quests like Revast mentioned to be sure people who don't want to level through PvE don't miss out, yet people still have the option to do a really cool quest later on. Low level class quests tend to be fairly simple/dumbed down/boring so having an end-game quest seems like a neat idea to me.