1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Race "Personalities"

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Optimisticnerd, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Do you like the personality of the races released so far?

1. Yes.

77 vote(s)
    88.5%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Yes, but with some exceptions

9 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Slyndria

Slyndria Cupcake-About-Town

The "personalities" so far are great. The "attitude" of the classes allow Carbine to do some amazing story content !
  2. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I love the personalities in the videos I've seen SO MUCH that while my heart belongs to the Exiles, my brain forever follows the Dominion.

It also desperately wants me to see videos show casing each class done in that way, but utilizing a different race maybe each time. Warrior video with a Granok. Esper video with an Aurin. Stalker video with a Mechari. Spellslinger with a Draken. And then perhaps the unannounced races can take each of the other classes.

Well, honestly ANY more videos I can devour done in this way showcasing the personalities of the game I would love...
    Optimisticnerd and Evion like this.
  3. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Patrician beat me to it, but yes I would love to see specific videos for each race, delving into their history and personalities a bit more, and why they're fighting the Dominion/Exiles!

I know they're not going to appeal to everyone, but that's okay. I think some people are just writing them off too early without giving them any extra thought. It's a case of Rafiki saying "No, look closer..." There's depth within those races that we simply haven't seen yet because we haven't met many individuals to learn about their different personalities, like the Granok who knits doilies, or the Aurin who's also a mean bartender! It's just like with normal humans, you could generally classify a nation a certain way, but you're going to have a TON of variation if you bother to look closer! :D

In short: More videos would be awesome!! :inlove:
  4. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

I think the Dominion is a pretty good reflection of the British Empire. It was formed to "enlighten" the rest of the world, however it did have it's problems and I think this comes across quite well with the Dominions stance, however the benefits need to be emphasized a bit more.
  5. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

Totally Exile myself. However, I disagree with the idea that Aurin are your typical "treehugger." I noticed in the Meet The Exiles vid that the Aurin was repairing a tree in one second, then hissing the next. We also don't see the same body language from Liara that we do from RandomUnnamedAurin. Liara's very polished and urbane, well-dressed, acting like a scientist out for a stroll, while RUA acts a whole lot more feral. I like seeing that dichotomy; that the Aurin as a race can tend toward the highly intellectual, abstract thinkers like Liara and the more wild, possibly even savage berserker type.

Browncoats for life.
  6. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

*Is late to party*

I also think that the races' personalities have been portrayed remakably well. ^__^

Part of the appeal of Wildstar, to me, is the strength of personality of the races! To me, that's a huge part of what this game is about, huge personality in the art, in characters, in the races, in emotions. :laugh:
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  7. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Frolicking....frrrrrrolick....in the treeeeees...
    Chase Hunteri and ruff_ethereal like this.
  8. Echo

Echo Cupcake

the personality of the Aurin confuse me, on the site they are discribed as "small but scrappy" does that mean they'll pick a fight with anyone that peeves them off or will they take on any enemy regardless of size? I imagined the prior until I saw the announcement trailer and that Aurin didn't look like the "pick a fight with anyone" type
  9. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Well we don't look for fights, but if you corner us, the claws come out! :mad:
  10. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

It depends on the Aurin. If you run into Liara, you'll think they're all hippy treehugger happyfriendly types. If you run into me, you'll think OHCRAPOHCRAPWHEREDIDTHATTHINGCOMEFROMITSEATINGMYFAAAAAAAAACE!!!!
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  11. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I'm dying. Thank you.
  12. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sorry but according to the videos, the Dominion looks like a giant corporation out to make money at any cost and the Exiles look like hippies and anarchists.

This is why I will play Dominion. At least I understand them.
  13. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I'd think you would make a good archenemy :) Depending on the final Exile race (please be good!), I may end up going Dominion to start though.
    Chomag likes this.
  14. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    Eluldor likes this.
  15. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Damn, that guy looks like a young Chuck Norris. But he's hairier than the cat! Heck, he's hairier than Robin Williams!
    Kataryna likes this.
  16. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

The more I read about them, the less I'm able to decide.

I really want to make a Dominion character, I love the idea of being a robot or a beast-type Demon thing.
    The Cassians are arrogant super militairy guys. I like those, too. Arrogant characters? I love them. Idk why, but I love them.

On the other hand the exiles have humans with accents (Accents are awesome), anthropomorphic furries AKA Treehuggers and the Freakin' Granok!

I like both factions but I probably will play Dominion. In terms of personalities: They are very well made. As in...VERY well made. Very TF2 esque. I like that.
    Patrician likes this.
  17. sendlor

sendlor Cupcake-About-Town

Ahmm that is Chuck Norris actually the other one is Bruce Lee and cuz Lee died so soon you can imagine that is from an old movie... :D I just feel offended cause you can't recognize my favorite actor :))
  18. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Don't worry, it was late and I was on my iPhone. It speaks to his character and effervescent style that I was even able to think it might be him! :p
  19. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

The only personality I don’t care for is the exile humans, the cassians on the other hand crack me up
  20. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I think the extreme personalities are fantastic, they really differentiate the races and give each a certain flavor. It also lays a fantastic groundwork for anyone who likes to role play. Nebulous motivations and a subdued personality may be neat for a super-serious film noir character, but it makes for really really boring role play and everyone's characters kind of ends up the same. For instance I know that the average Draken is going to be 1. Agressive 2. Eager to prove his or her prowess in battle 3. Cunning 4. Not likely to try to negotiate. With this in mind it is pretty easy to paint an encounter between a Draken and anything and helps give the race some good consistency and flair.