1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Races being pigeon-holed into very few classes is starting to scare me

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Trigger, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

If by "is nothing" you mean "are fundamental principles" then I agree. Granok and Mechari can't do certain things because they have no capacity for magic or little/no brain power. Chua and Aurin won't be warriors because they are too lithe/small and wouldn't have the physical prowess to pull it off, being so lithe/small. Carbine also mentions in detail that they want class/race silhouettes to be easily recognizable for PvP. The less classes a race can be, the more recognizable of a threat they are and the less you get <REDACTED> by a Chua with a sword you can't even see.

Also, Wildstar has a good deal of lore already and certainly a full story and plan in the eyes of the developers. And again, asking them to sway from that path for something that doesn't actually hurt the game is simply selfish, albeit not entirely wrong. It's simply the choice between getting unnecessary things that hurt the game philosophy, or not getting those things and keeping the philosophy intact. Obviously Carbine is going to stay with option 1 until this becomes game breaking or a vast majority opinion. And it's definitely fairly pointless to be arguing about it when the game isn't even launched yet, let alone with a third of the races/classes still not even revealed.
    Nhtst_Sev and Apostate like this.
  2. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

<Moderator growl> As a request from the creator, this thread will be locked down from now on. Sorry for the inconvenience! </Moderator growl>
    ArdentSun and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.