1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Rachel's Racial Roundup

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Steampunkette, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

We've always assumed that the last Exile race will be the technozombies and they've actually grown popular in that perception. I wonder if they may turn out to be something more like a cyber-biological machine that the Chau made in an attempt to make a better Mechari?
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Oo like an experiment to bolster the ranks of the mechari but they turned out to have their own will and desires or they didn't meet the chua standard and were scheduled for elimination but e exiles saved them. Perhaps made through experimenting on a race they came across bu augmenting them with tech and implants.
    Nunchi likes this.
  3. Domi Dayglow

It would give the Technozombies a reason to dislike the chua. It would also give the mechari to harbor a quite disdain for chua, and the mechari and technozombies might actually have something in common. Or the mechari could just see them as being inferior.
  4. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Great. And now I have to rewrite my temporary headcanon... Thanks, DOMI. :p

No, seriously. Thank you. That's an incredible background. You get my first "Like" on these boards.

-Rachel-
  5. Vox_Populi

Vox_Populi New Cupcake

Having the 4th exile race as something created by the Chua is kinda boring. It'd be a lot more interesting if their problems arose from their own failed experiments to improve themselves.
    This also allows them to mirror the Chua as the Exiles 'crazy scientist' race.
  6. Steampunkette

They can still be the crazy scientists if they're the experiment.

Lab rats who learned just enough science to keep themselves going while in the lab, and more of it afterward. It's the single most powerful thing in their lives, after all. Science gave them life, and probably death, and unlife afterward. It is the central structure of their society, as inextricably bound to their cultural beliefs as mysticism to the Draken.

The Secret of NIMH and Flowers for Algernon tied together. Where, oh where, have I seen this before?
    [​IMG]
    Ohwait!

-Rachel-
  7. Domi Dayglow

I remember that episode of Farscape! The labrat that kept stealing DNA to make himself hyperevolved, but kept having to constantly steal things to stay alive.
  8. Steampunkette

To me, the Dominion is the Peacekeepers. While the Exiles are the crew of Moya.

I plan to make a Cassian Spellslinger who is all kinds of Aeryn Sun levels of badassery, with magic.

-Rachel-
    Miatog likes this.
  9. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Interesting analysis. By far, my favourite from this is that the Dominion are not "evil" and are just like every other empire in history. Their methods may be cruel, but their intentions are good. They haven't been shown to go on wanton murder sprees for the lulz (even the Chua do it for data, at the very least) but yeah, for all intents and purposes these guys are supposed to be the "bad guys."

Personally, though, I think the Technozombies will be virtually obsessed with the Aurin, seeing them as the people of their old gods, or a representation of life at its purest, holiness, or some other quasi-religious bent. I just don't see them having a rivalry, because as Liara says, "Every life is precious! ... Except that one."

I think Aurin were actually the first to give the technozombies a chance, and are the most sympathetic with them, because let's face it, dead guys may be cool but in-universe, they're unlikely to catch any breaks. They may have an issue with their artificially extending their life, but, for all intents and purposes, they are still "alive."

My hopeful, illogical fanon beside, it would be REALLY funny and amusing, like the fourth member of the Blur trio treating everyone but Liara like <REDACTED>.
    Miatog and Rumze like this.
  10. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

That's a great take on it Ruff.
  11. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

I haven't read the entire thing so far, but painting the Exiles as conquering and imperialistic when they only were looking for a place to take refuge (the place happens to also be deserted, mind you), is kind of a stretch in my opinion. Not only did they have no other choice, but their intentions weren't clear. If there did happen to be a civilization on Nexus, would they have conquered it? I doubt it. The Aurin wouldn't have allowed this.
    Maybe my view is warped, but imperialism is pretty sinister, and imperialists didn't only take land. They killed, raped, tortured, and forced beliefs upon others. I'm not calling Imperialism evil, but it seems to be a popular pattern. That doesn't go to say the people that imperialists attacked weren't sinister either.

I am open to argument, I feel maybe I'm misunderstanding the Exiles intentions or what some of these things really are. This seems to be purely subjective though.
  12. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Nice deductions and speculations.

However, I don't think the Redactoids are going to be some creation of the Chua. Those little squirts aren't that advanced, and if they created some new species, or a failed experiment, which is organic, wouldn't that place them above the Eldan in their creation of the Mechari?

Plus if I'm going to be a Zombie/Redactoid, I really don't want my story to revolve around being the creation of an evil chinchilla :rolleyes: - pretty much being a fluffy rodent's test subject, much like a rat :D.
  13. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

I like this. I approve.
  14. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

Well there are intelligent people on the planet. Steam pointed out to me a vid with some people using spears. They might not be advanced, but they're still a people who are living there. On top of that, she also points out how the Dominion have a rightful claim to the planet. For the Exiles to try and take it they are conquering it.

For the Exiles to find a home without being conquering, they would have to find a planet without any sign of intelligent life having ever been there.

And keep in mind, she's not even saying they're wrong to do so, simply stating a fact.
    Eluldor likes this.
  15. Eluldor

Please no. As my above post explains lol. The chua standard sounds too corny. Those little fluff balls could never make anything close to a Mechari. Wanting to play a Redactoid and a Mechari, I hope they stay clear of your speculations :D...otherwise I'll go :cry:
  16. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

Duly Noted, I did not think of the other being that already lived on Nexus. Though the Exiles had no idea the planet was dominion controlled, did they? Because why would they land there? It seems they had no other choice, too. Isn't imperialism, by definition, the extension of an empire's rule to foreign lands? The Exiles situation seems to be quite a bit different. Though she did say 'unintentionally', so I'm having a hard time thinking this through.
    Also the Exiles were driven off of their homeland(s) by the Dominion.

I feel like I'm throwing a bunch of random thoughts on the table right now that could possibly form some sort of logic, but probably wont.
  17. Domi Dayglow

Weren't the Exiles also wandering around in their ships and fleet for a couple of hundred years? If the Technozombies also worked to extend their life and they are science gifted, they could also have been responsible for keeping a lot of the fleets moving.
  18. Eluldor

Not quite. Dorian Walker is 77 years old, and he joined the Exiles most likely during the Cassian Civil War, and then went on to "discover" Nexus for the Exiles. Funny thing is, Carbine says "Many attribute his unnatural vigor to the exotic energies of the Eldan planet he discovered long ago", but I see that being up to 50 years or so given his storyline and age. I guess that may be considered long for an ongoing war period.

Edit: I'm not sure if the Cassian Civil War immediately follows Brightland's Rebellion or not. Figuring that out would narrow the time down.
  19. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

It's not Dominion controlled, but they do have a claim to it. The Exiles fully knew what they found. They found the lost home of the Eldan, the race who created the first Emperor. The Emperor has a blood claim on to the planet. The Dominion has a very strong case to say the planet is theirs and the Exiles knew all this once they realized the planet they found was Nexus. They staid, because it's Nexus. They wanted to see what Eldan tech they could find and salvage. They didn't have to pick this planet, they could have moved on and looked for another, but they didn't.
    Chim likes this.
  20. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Nunchi I have to say I agree with you here, yeah the exiles are moving to a planet that has life. But they are just searching for a life of their own, they already all got thrown off their own planets by the dominion, if either exiles or dominion are the conquerors or imperialists its the dominion.

Humans fled their homeland to escape them, granok were driven off theirs as were the aurin, they are simply looking for somewhere to settle and this doesn't make them conquerors so much as it makes them nomads. They don't intend to destroy life on a planet, they don't intend to rule life on a planet, they intend to create their own life on one.

Also nexus "belongs" to the dominion simply because of the eldan and their ties through the luminai and mechari. From what we know so far exiles were the first to land there since the defences of the planet were lowered, but the planet belongs to the eldan not the dominion, they only have distant claims to it.

But this brings me to my next thought.

These "technozombies", what if they weren't experiments of the Chua, but experiments (possibly early) of the eldan? Wouldn't this also bring distant claim of the planet to the exiles as well? We know each race seems to have a counterpart so here's my thoughts on that.

Humans and cassians are counterparts for obvious reasons.

Granok and draken could be counterparts in the fact they are both mercenary type fighters, both love the thrill of combat etc.

Chua and aurin could be counterparts in the way they are both very knowledge driven, both have a huge thirst for knowledge.

This leaves technozombies and mechari, simply the mechari could view themselves as the success of the eldan and the technozombies as the failures. This could bring the hostilities between the two races and in turn effect the two factions with it.

Obviously most of this is speculation but I think technozombies being early product of the eldan could be an interesting spin.
    ruff_ethereal and Nunchi like this.