1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Rachel's Racial Roundup

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Steampunkette, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

If I remember correctly, the first dungeon with the dragon boss in the end, the species involved in it use eldan tech primitively and they seem to have lost the main purpose of that tech but still use it to the best of their abilities and carry out strange rituals in eldan lairs with eldan tech. Not sure on the details one hundred percent but worth a deeper look .
  2. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

So you are saying the dominion have claim to the planet because they are run by a bunch of inbreds who want to lay claim to a planet that nobody actually knew was there? Apart from myth there was no proof of nexus. I mean, did the eldan write a will leaving it to them or something? Because going by the planets defences they kinda didn't want anybody there? Meaning as stated by rumze it is just fair game. Game which the exiles found first.
  3. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Actually, you can. That's how real estate works. Even if you don't know it exists, you still have a claim to it.

Now that's where Adverse Possession comes in. A person can move into a property you own and live there for a period of time set by the municipality the property is in. So long as they live there openly, to the knowledge of the law and likely the knowledge of the property's owner thereby, they can take possession of the estate with complete autonomy.

So if you own a house in Kentucky but live in Saskatchewan and someone moves into your old Kentucky home and pays the bills, tends the lawn, gets water and electric hooked up, and pays taxes on it for 5 years (or whatever the adverse possession law is for Kentucky) and you DON'T call the cops to have him thrown out: He owns your home.

-Rachel-
    Jefferson and ruff_ethereal like this.
  4. Steampunkette

*bashful* D'awww! Glad I could offer a different perspective!

-Rachel-
    Nunchi likes this.
  5. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Im very intrigued by the dynamics of this.

If the planet is eldan based - which we can safely assume it is - then they probably have failsafes in place to prevent it from falling into non eldan favored hands.
    For the dominion , that would obviously be the cassians and the mechari.
    For the exiles, I would say that maaaaybe some exile humans have knowledge but I doubt it. Maybe this is where the fourth race comes in. This race has a way to bypass eldan security , make the planet accept them , and prevent the planet from turning on them. It really points towards a stronger connection between the eldan and the 4th exile race.
    I think this lends weight to the story that the 4th exile race used to be working directly for the eldan but were replaced and put away into storage and then rescued by the exiles.

So assuming the fact that there is a race among the exiles that has ties to the eldan , both sides have a connection to the world because the eldan would have been smart enough to not leave locks and guards on one of their research worlds which holds a lot of their secrets.
  6. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

:)

I'm just trying to think this through, should planet Earth's real estate laws really apply to the WildStar Universe? Do they? (I'm assuming the thing you are referring to is a law)

Also, a question. Don't the humans of the Exile race have (blood) rights over Nexus too? I don't know that much about the WildStar lore.
  7. Steampunkette

They may not apply, you're definitely right in that. I think it's likely, however, that there are some sorts of parallels (ownership, transfer of property, lineage) which I poked at for the theories posted above.

And the humans of the Exiles aren't Cassian. And it's only the Cassian humans who were "Elevated". Humans on other planets were free from the Dominion's rule and citizenship.

-Rachel-
  8. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Yep, I remember most of that. What we've seen is the more primitive aliens adapting the Eldan technology more to their cultures, since they lost the "know how" when the Eldan were deleted haha.

Less of a response to you directly, than a response to everyone saying that Nexus belongs to the Dominion and real estate issues applied to WildStar. If you want to argue that from your Dominion POV, and explain why you've decided to go Dominion and take back your planet, then that's fine :)

That all works under one country with rule and laws all of the people follow, abide by, or are forced under law to. Since the Exiles have their own rules and regulations - a Nation of people - The Exile Accords, then they most likely won't be viewing the Dominion Empire's authority as valid. If the opposing party doesn't respect your claim and your laws governing it, then well you can fight it out like everyone will be doing!

For the Pro Dominion folks who don't really understand: The Exiles won't be caring about who inherits what because their great great grandaddy full blood died off and left some butlers (Mechari) and <REDACTED>s (half-bloods) on a distant plant. :p Edit: Haha you all can figure out what was "Redacted" fairly easily!

See above, for why the Exiles don't care :) As far as we know, the Exiles don't have any half-bloods, so they don't have any "rights".
    ruff_ethereal and Domi Dayglow like this.
  9. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

Since there's no account of any Luminai among them... no. Even then, there'd certainly be fewer than there are still among the Dominion. The Mechari, too, are a big part of the "Nexus is part of our heritage" thing. There's also the fact that the Cassians were uplifted by the Eldan specifically to create the Dominion.

The Dominion's logic is like this: Nexus is the Eldan homeworld, the Dominion has a greater connection (both past and present)to the Eldan than anyone else in the galaxy, so they have a greater rightful claim to Nexus than anyone else. Furthermore, they're a mighty empire that will happily stomp anyone who gets in their way.

The Exiles' logic is like this: the Dominion's nothing but a bunch of evil <REDACTED>s who kick puppies and eat babies for fun, and nobody really cares what they think because they're nothing but hypocrites and murderers. They've tried to exterminate all of our people at some point or another in the recent past, and we don't feel tyrannical monsters can be said to have any "rightful claim" to anything.
  10. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I don't think they were free from the dominion rule. They were considered lower class citizens of the dominion before they rebelled and had to flee.
    Ill have to recheck that later but I remember something similar to that.
  11. Steampunkette

I'm actually viewing it from an external position. That these laws exist outside of the Universe as more or less absolutes of right and wrong to avoid subjective viewing of one side or another. Perhaps the Draken don't see Murder as a criminal or immoral act. Does that mean they can kill all the Exile Humans without any negative result? No way. It's still murder, even if they think it isn't.

Similarly, even if the Exiles disagree with what I've offered up, that doesn't make it any less valid. Because I'm looking at it from an external objective position, not an internal and subjective one.

For the record: Ferret Force is an Exile guild. I do, though, plan to play the hell out of both sides.

-Rachel-
  12. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Well the other view point is, that they've been chased across the galaxy by the dominion - the aurin world was decimated in part because they allowed the exiles safe harbor.
    So they are on their last legs and finally some nutjob says hey I know about a place where maybe we can find something that gives us an edge - Eldan tech !
    And to their surprise they find it and for once they may have a chance to rest and fight back against those who have been hounding them.
    Using your enemies tech and know how against them and denying it to them is a smart option and perhaps the only option.
    Apostate likes this.
  13. Eluldor

I understand. The External view also works with two Nations that don't get along together, and despite all their diplomats, rules, laws, and regulations, the only thing that will solve their mutual problem is a war :) I like to go in Exile POV and offer some feedback, because the Dominion POV can get a bit overwhelming here haha. Even if I plan on going Mechari first, if the Redactoids aren't something cool, I like offering the Exile side on topics.

And we all know those Granoks can't get enough of taking tech, by force, to get the advantage!
  14. Steampunkette

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they SHOULDN'T be there. It's a freaking interstellar WAR.

I'm just saying that the Exiles aren't completely squeaky clean and are, in fact committing one of the "Crimes" people often put on the shoulders of the Dominion, alone. Neither side is squeaky clean all good or darkity dark all evil.

It's really more an issue of D&D Law vs Chaos. Individual Freedoms versus commitment to society. The Exiles are free spirits while the Dominion are Traditionalists. Until we get our hands on a full lore writeup on everything that happened and both sides of it, any action that either side performed prior to the beginning of the game can be cataloged as justified within the society it occurred in, unless that act is explicitly unjustified within the Lore we're given.

There is, of course, no Justification the Dominion could ever give the Aurin, for example, that exonerates their actions in taking the Aurin homeworld. Nor is there any Justification the Exiles can offer for taking over the portions of Nexus they're conquering. Because that Justification is, itself, Subjective. :)

-Rachel-
    Apostate likes this.
  15. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

It was there. We wanted it. We took it.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    Steampunkette likes this.
  16. Steampunkette

Oh, I definitely agree on the Dominion/Exiles point. Neither side can see the other's position as logical, rational, or justifiable. If they could there wouldn't be a war and the game would become FRIGHTFULLY dull! :)

From the Exiles point of view my entire first post could be summed up as follows:

The Dominion are a bunch of jack booted allegorical Nazis committing cultural genocide against anyone that doesn't drop to their knees and thank their lucky stars the Fascist races of the universe have graced their planet with domination and oppression. And even if you -do- drop to your knees you can expect your culture to be destroyed and overridden by these oppressive dorknozzles who's entire goal in life is to become even MORE wealthy and omnipresent in the galaxy for the sheer pleasure of looking down their overly sharp noses at everyone they consider to be lesser!

-Rachel-
    Chim likes this.
  17. Eluldor

And yep to OP's latest post (Edit: that's 2 back now). I mentioned in a long thread back "What about all the native inhabitants of nexus?" back when people were saying good/bad black/white for the Exiles and Dominion.
  18. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

I'm judging them as a group. The Granok got on the Dominion's bad side by killing the Ambassador that came to them. The Aurin gave refuge to some rebels, who are by definition criminals. The humans turned against their own government. I'm not saying that they didn't have just cause, but they are far from clean.

Among others yes. And it's a strong claim. Most of royalty throughout history has been like this to one degree or another. It is because of their strong blood connection to the past and the 'purity' of it that royal claims worked.

I will say that rumze gives a fair argument. One that would possibly hold water if there was a neutral court that could handle a claim here, but there isn't. It's the ruling empire against a bunch of renegades. The claim they think they hold is all that matters to them.

Also I'm not sure Nexus was myth...it could have been but given that everyone knows the Eldan were here, and did set up the Dominion, I don't think the existence of the planet was ever in question.
  19. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

A big question in the game is "Where did the Eldan go?" That was kind of one of the main points everyone was so excited over the planet's discovery.

So, what did happen to the Eldan?

What if the Eldan didn't actually go anywhere? What if instead, another alien race squished them. They ignored the other races in the galaxy at the time like you would ignore a bunch of bugs. But now, a thousand years later, the bugs have gotten a little bigger..... This could explain why the Eldan wanted the Dominion. Maybe they wanted to raise up the other races of the galaxy as allies in a war, but ran out of time.

Someone else suggested that Nexus, the Mechari, and forming the Dominion were all part of some grand science experiment by the Eldan. What exactly they were trying to discover? Who knows. Obviously over the centuries the Dominion rule became corrupt and bloated with government. A lot like the way the country is today (The US). The distinction between the haves and have nots became greater.

Maybe the Eldan were dying out and the half-breeds with the Cassians were a way to maintain immortality of their race?

Or maybe they transcended to another stat of life to a more ethereal existence.

In the past it looks like the Dominion always used a heavy hand to solve their problems. Compared to say the Draken hundreds of years ago when it was a battle of honor then compared to say the Granok. Suddenly on Nexus, they can't risk simply bombarding the planet from orbit. They might destroy or damage whatever the Eldan left behind. So for the first time the Dominion just can't swat the Exiles.
  20. wasabi

wasabi Cupcake

I really hope they dont call them technozombies :sleep:
    Hoody likes this.