1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Racial/Faction Derogatory terms/Insults

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by popober, Jul 1, 2013.

1. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

Before you go on and start flaming or anything, stop. Read me out first.

One of my greatest joys in any faction based mmo is reading about the ongoing trashtalk between players of different factions and reading the chat get spewed by your factionmates bashing the other guys. Even better is finding out and using the various derogatory terms they use to refer to each other. IMO, it spices up the conversation.

The insults are usually based on wordplay, puns, or some kind of reference to how the faction/race looks.
    Eg:
    SWTOR had the Republic Pubes and Imperial Imps
    TSW had the Illuminati Lumies and crazy-puke-wearing-joggers for the Dragon. I forgot what the Templars had, they didn't matter enough to me.

Now I'd like to hear you guys' personal derogatory term for the other faction and their races. I've come across dim-onions/onions for the Dominion.

For the races, there's some floating around and some I've though of:
    Dominion:
    Chua: tennis balls, furballs, rats, etc
    Draken: lizards, any variation with leather reference
    Can't think of anything for Mechari, sadly.

Exile:
    Aurin: rodents, bunny-people
    Granok: talking rocks, etc

Not much to say for humans on both sides, cause well, their humans, other than generic.

Now what insult do you use for the other faction/races? Post them down.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Communistic bunny hoppers (Aurin)
    [​IMG]

Also, Malvolio says: Exiles = Galactic scum :D
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Mechari - Tin Cans
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Scrapmetal. Any self-respecting mechari would be outraged by having their parts be referred to as mere junkyard trash. The full might of the mechanized race would fall upon you!

Aurin could be pests, rats, vermin, etc. Anything that denotes a small, furry mammal that nobody wants around.
  5. popober

I hadn't thought of the usual insults of scrap and tin can for the Mechari, maybe because they seem more insectoid to me than actual robots.
  6. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Aurin: [​IMG]
    Technozombies: Stitches
    Mechari: Toasters/Tin Cans/Tin Man/Scraps
    Chua: Fuzzballs/Furballs/Hamsters
    Granok: Boulders/Mud-for-Brains/Little Rock
    Cassian: Lowborn/Crooktongue/Slave/Wineboxer/Server
    Human: Traitor/Scum/Terrorist/Fleshbag
    Draken: Lizards/Barbarians/Limp-Tail/Hornhead
    And the worst draken insult:
    [​IMG]

-Rachel-
    Agneos likes this.
  7. Dave Bowman

Dave Bowman New Cupcake

Could get some traction with the inbred thing for Exile humans.

Also, aurin... tree-shaggers, branch-hoppers, grass-eaters, airheads, longears, leg-thumpers, carrot-breaths, half-rodents, harespawn, eco-whiners, fuzzpuffs.
  8. popober

Then you realize the Luminai are the ones who actually practice inbreeding...

I like harespawn though.

I got a more specific leather one for the Draken: "Walletface".
  9. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Dominon = Dumbinion, Dumb-minion. "Buncha fancypants and mentally challenged bullies lead by a group of inbred space elves".
    Catdurid and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  10. Xlugon Pyro

Goatface!? No, you didn't just go there, girl! Nuh uh! No you didn't!

Hahah Wildstar has REAL space goats now! Take that WoW!
  11. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

That's not an insult... Communism is cool and spacebunnies are supposed to hop around punting Chuas!

bwahaha dumbinion that's a good one :D
    ---------------
    I'm not good with insults, especially with one worders..
    The Chua are basically hamsters and the Mechari are just walking trash cans. Cassians are inbred Mechari slaves with rods up their arses. Draken.. hmm well their tails will make nice wallets, purses and boots!
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You do know only the Luminai are inbred right? (also Exiles humans were Cassians, which would mean they are the same).

Why do those stupid Exiles keep mixing them up? I don't get it :confused:
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Your attempts to cover up the Dominion's vile actions are futile.

Our humans were similarly disgusted by the Cassians' breeding habits. It was but one of many reasons humans rebelled against their Cassian oppressors and their sick, degenerate culture! You could say the formation of the Exiles was an ascension of its composite races, rising above the indulgent, barbaric culture of the Dominion masked as a laughable depiction of "civil society".
    Revon likes this.
  14. popober

Maybe because no matter the social strata it belongs to, a Cassian is the same; evil. But you'd think being referred to as similar to your inbred masters would be taken as a compliment. :cool:

I've got more for Exile humans; rednecks, greasepugs, planetsquatters

Really, make your suggestions as colorful as possible, hell, use them in sentences! Follow Extatica's lead and take this as an opportunity for some in-character bashing, hype yourselves even more for when you can finally get in-game and get your hands on the enemy faction's necks. Just remember that it's all good fun and no actual flamewars.
  15. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

I remember the EQ days when the Dark Elves all used to be call Inkies. But i was a big fat troll, so I tired to be understanding and tolerant of all my evil brethren. Until I ate them.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Now i know why you humans fled our Cassian society......apparently school was too tough for you guys and you didn't learned a thing, now having an own society you can make things up as you please.

But trust me: It won't help you in the long run :coffee: (Chua Teacher speaking!)
  17. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Has it been confirmed that the playable Cassians don't have members of the Luminai houses among them? And as I see it, even the lowest rank Cassians would marry in family if there was even a tiniest hint of a possibility of being able to trace their heritage to one of the Luminai houses. From the Exile POV all Cassians are the same inbred yokels no matter how you sugarcoat them ;)

And yes, the Exile humans are descended of the same inbred families and I don't know how commonly inbreeding still occurs. The Aurin and Granok are the brain and brawn of the Exiles anyways, the humans are just there since it's always best test all new discoveries with something less valuable for traps and such. And since the Exiles don't have hamsters and rust-buckets to use as test subjects, we make do with the humans...
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  18. popober

School wasn't too tough, but I'm sure having an ugly rat for a teacher would make education more amusing these days.
  19. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

This is not an RP answer btw :p

My RP answer:
    You're a bunny! What do you know? Heck you guys just huggle tress, and smoke <REDACTED> don't you go tell me you guys don't have a few inbred aswell.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Hahah I was a troll and ate people in EQ too. XD

Dominion schools are just indoctrination houses. All they teach you is to be a good little obedient pig and give up your humanity for this supposed righteous cause called the Dominion. Some education. Not to mention having rats for teachers only hampers Dumbinion "education" further.

Exile education is the real thing. We learn the arts and sciences, mathematics and literature. We explore the galaxy, make new discoveries, and support the freedom of our people to carve their own paths. You can't exist in this galaxy very long without knowing the laws of the universe, and we Exiles now how to make the most out of anything. The Dumbinion will have a rude awakening once they set foot on Nexus and engage the Exiles!
    MrDreadful likes this.