1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Rackham's art stuff

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Rackham, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Finally got off my toosh and finished some Wildstar art. Originally I was planning on a Spellslinger, but not entirely sure as I still want to see the remaining races/classes. In any case, the sketch I had deserved to be finished.

Rackham Dane, space wrangler of Algoroc. - background is some Carbine concept art so I can't take credit for that. ;)

[​IMG]

** UPDATED MAY 5, 2013 **

Came up with a new idea after I read the speculations about the remaining "engineer" type class. I wondered what kind of Cassian would use a large rifle and the thought occurred to me that he could be some kind of "big-game hunter", camped out on Deradune and pulling together hunting parties with Draken guides.

Hence this picture popped into my head:
    [​IMG]

Think Quigley Down Under meets Teddy Roosevelt and Hemet Nesingwary Jr. from Warcraft. ;)
  2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Always loved your stuff, it's really great to see you doing WildStar stuff too. Is Mr. Dane going to be Dominion or Exile?
  3. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome! This looks great! The soft smoke/heat coming off the gun works well together with the sharper edged style of the guy.

Your background reminds me of the Montana state flag, btw.. :p

I hope to see more art from you!
  4. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Thanks guys!

Originally I was intending this guy to be Exile, but you're right in that he could also be Cassian. The original sketch had the Exiles skull logo on his shoulder, but I left it out in the final work. Might still add it later...

I have a couple of other sketches in a rougher stage that I'll be toying with over the next bit. Stay tuned as I'm planning on posting more stuff!
  5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Awesome!
    Being an Exile player at heart, I of course know where my vote would fall, but the Dominion is pretty damn epic too, so it can be a tough choice :D

Looking forward to seeing more! Your Witch Doctor Rahckam from GW2 was always one of my favorites!
  6. Beetle

Beetle Special Cupcake

great style man, would love to see you work on a Mechari!
  7. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

You added a very nice steam punky style to it. Great work chum!
  8. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Ha! He's awesome! I love the action-hero pose and logo styling, gives the whole picture a great "Epic Adventure Story" feel!
  9. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Great job! He has kind of a "did I do that" look to him.
  10. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Sweet work, Rackham! I love how dynamic that pose is with that torso twist and the way his pinky fingers aren't just totally tightened around the grip of his pistols. :inlove:
  11. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Added my latest artwork, a Cassian Big Game Hunter - taking some speculations from the remaining "rifle" class we've yet to see.
    Kurik, Dysp and Lumzk like this.
  12. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Damn... that's very cool. What type of "tails" are those? My first thought was Aurin-tails... small ones.. or the backside of Aurin-ears. An Exile Aurin hunter?? :confused: ..could be something else, but I'm going to assume he's an Aurin hunter.
  13. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

I was going for Aurin, although I know they're a little small. They could be just the ends of the tails.
    Also for the inquisitive, there's another set of "trophies" from another Exile race. ;)
  14. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

:) gran'[r]ock necklace..
  15. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

He looks awesome and that rifle, I must have one. :p