1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Raid size: poll

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Cesmode, Sep 18, 2013.

?

What size should raids be in wildstar?

1. 10

21.4%
  2. 15

11.4%
  3. 20

49.3%
  4. 25

20.4%
  5. 40

63.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

What size raids are optimal/ which do you prefer?
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  2. Arkay

Arkay Cupcake

I like any size honestly. As long as there is a challenge. I expect content to takes weeks or months to complete. Hell, even FFXIV ARR which is booty tier has it's final boss unkilled after 3 weeks.
  3. Cesmode

I think 40 is too large to organize these days with the mmo playerbase spread amomgst many titles.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

No hard preferences but 15 man is about as small as I want raids to get. They should be big IMO, not some small band of heroes, but I care more about raiding than what size raids will be. Doesn't matter much to me.

However, this thread does seem to be pointless. Maybe Wildstar will change its raid sizes in the future, but right now they are 40 man for some raids and 20 man for the others. It's already set in stone.
  5. Cesmode

Thats why this is a forum. To discuss. Ive only heard 40 man. They said 20 will be in?
  6. Xlugon Pyro

20s too apparently but they will be different raids. Think classic WoW raids.
  7. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Started reading your post with very very wrong mindset.. Still laughing by my self...

To the OP, I play any kind of a content in MMO games as long it is fun, engaging and challenging. I do think that 20 man is the lowest you should go with raid sizes tho. This is purely an opinion and I have no facts to support it. I do feel that 10 man raiding kills the community and it's social aspect.

I have had alot of fun while playing 10 man raids and alot of challenges, but longest lasting friendships I have created in 25 man raiding and for me friendships in MMO gaming is the most important thing.

Again this is just my opinion without any kind of a evidence to support anything I say.
  8. Grytswyrm

Grytswyrm Cupcake

I think 40 is perfect for Wildstars mechanics. In WoW it just wouldn't work anymore. I think spread out, wide open fights will be great, and the more people the more fun. Fights more like Thorim, with split up raid groups, instead of just 39 guys stacking on 1 dudes ass while he beats on the tank.
    Kataryna and Carebear Commander like this.
  9. CaptainYoul

CaptainYoul Cupcake-About-Town

40 M raids are fun, except for the part where you have to wait for the guy who went for a smoke

and while you wait theres the guy who decided to go eat

and then theres the other guy who had to check for laundry

etc.

in the end you are always waiting on 10-15 people
  10. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

I think 20 and 40 man raids are fine. I'd also like some kind of activity for groups of 10, but I don't think that would be considered raiding. I just like the idea of variable group sizes for different activities.
    Eliat_kuni likes this.
  11. Grytswyrm

Grytswyrm Cupcake

Don't blame poorly ran guilds on having a raid size of 40. In my 40 man WoW guild we had a waitlist full of apps that wouldn't afk all through vanilla. If a member is afk'ing when they shouldn't, they are removed and replaced. Allowing people to hold the entire raid up is an issue with a guilds management.
  12. Cesmode

Do you think guilds can muster the same amount of people in a guild that are so dedicated to 40 man raiding these days? Again, back when 40 man raids were prominent in WoW, there wasnt much competition. Now, the MMO playerbase is spread amongst across a myriad of games. Im very anxious to see if 40 man raiding is a good choice...to get the amount of people needed into a guild to support 40 people in a raid, to have the commitment and to ensure that activity doesn't drop off. These days people bounce around from game to game more than they used to.

The 20 man raids: Will they be the same raids as 40 man only scaled down in difficulty for 20 man? Or will they be completely different?
  13. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

The two raid sizes will be completely different.
  14. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

Hardcore will run 40 man, casual will run 20man. It was like that before and will be like that in wildstar.

It's not important if only 5 guild do the 40 man raid. That why its called hardcore. cause only a few people can do it.
  15. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Flexible raids introduced by Blizzard later this year will be solo raids!
    You vs Sargeras the last expansion of World of Warcraft where the boss will be 1 shotted so everyone can have epics and mounts...

Now seriously...
    I dont mind the raid size tho i am in love with 40 man raids and the ability to do 20 mans if i want something less hard(Thanks Carbine for the option)as long as:
    1)They are not zerg festivals
    2)They will not bring the retarded Heroic System at raids also.
    I dunno about you but killing the same bosses in Justin Bieber/normal/heroic/Chuck Norris Level is the same.If i can kill lets say X boss so be it once.To that i mean that if a raid has 12 bosses and i can kill 5 i will be more proud than going to kill 12/12 normal and 1/12 heroic....

As for people saying that 40 man raids are AFK runs i have to say:
    1)Not at the bosses(Exept hunters)
    And
    2)We are in 2013.We have TS more accesible than at 2004.Every guild has now a VoIP and there are millions of addons showing everything.From Damage/DPS/Healing/HPS to Activity and much more...
    The leadership of a guild now has the tools to find who sucks and whos not.And when i say suck i dont mind someone thats tries but fails on X mechanic but somoene that goes AFK.
    Carebear Commander and Milamilou like this.
  16. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

If by "casuals will run 20man" you mean because its tough to get a guild of 20 casual players together for a raid then sure, but if you mean because the 20man is easier so casual players can complete them, then no.
  17. Zenatsu

Zenatsu Cupcake-About-Town

I think 20mans would be more competitive then 40-mans

the logistics alone of asking 40 hardcore nerds to play at that level and pressure, would be horrendous. From logistics, to the turnover rate.
    Carebear Commander and Cesmode like this.
  18. HappinessFactory

HappinessFactory Cupcake

I like the way 40 man raids entice a community to come together to accomplish a task. I think it builds a sort of connection between players that is unique. I don't believe that smaller raids create enough drive to build these connections.

However, because 40 mans are so hard to pull together and time consuming there should be epic content for everyone else. I know I probably wont be witnessing that content because my real life schedule is a pain in the ass currently and it doesnt look like it's going to be changing anytime soon. So of course there should be other size raids but I feel the emphasis should be on 40mans so people can strive to build that community.
  19. Xlugon Pyro

I'm not aware of any announcement by Carbine about this but I do believe 20s and 40s are meant to be about the same in difficulty in terms of mechanics management, player quantities aside. I'm not sure there will be "casual" and "hardcore" raids, only hard, challenging raids that come in two sizes.
    Kataryna and Carebear Commander like this.
  20. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

40 is a great number, cant wait to raid with that many again - Raid for me means massive/many, and everything under 20 is just a "groupsize" for me, hell i even think 20 is to few for a raid. :eek:
    My thoughts about the matter. :alien:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.