1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Raiding - did they lie?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Cananh, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

Sometimes I scare myself with how perceptive I am.
  2. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Nah, you gave yourself away. Obvious psychic is obvious.
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

so does this mean we can expect him to play an Esper???
  4. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Undoubtedly. There will probably be rare sightings of a huge Granok Esper out in the wild. Something like Bigfoot, but with less fur.
    Ianpact and Kataryna like this.
  5. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome! :notworthy:
  6. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Imbuements are pretty amazing tbh.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Yeh I really like that part of the game. It makes gear feel less of a waste to get and instead makes it really worth the effort in gaining that (not so good) dungeon item, because you can make it way better!
  8. SoaperStool

SoaperStool New Cupcake

Harder content should always give better rewards; Carbine is definitely taking the right approach there. It may not be ideal for those who don't enjoy that type of content, but it's better than the alternative - all content giving equal rewards, regardless of difficulty - and that's just the way life is in general. If you're not willing to do the hardest content, then you shouldn't expect the best rewards. I hate working out, literally hate it, and therefore only workout 3-4 hours a week, but I don't expect to have the same physique as the guys that spend 20+ hours a week in the gym. It's just not the way the world works.
  9. Nexus Elites

Nexus Elites Cupcake

You have a point, however, your analogy is slightly different than how WildStar works. Everyone has the ability to work out, but not everyone will be able to do 40-man raids, due to the logistics and skill cap of them. Not to mention, the hours involved to get there.

I personally am not a fan of the best rewards in a game being given out based on time involved. I think *some* things should be that way, but not everything. For example, rep grinding rewards your time involved with new things. Raiding should be about skill, and as long as you have a reasonable amount of time to devote to the game, you should be on an even playing field with everyone else.

I'm not sure how it will pan out on WildStar, but people who play for, let's say, 2-3 hours a day should be able to compete with people that play for 10+ hours a day. While I agree there needs to be a skill cap to do certain things, I also agree that there needs to be a "you must play for X amount of hours before you can obtain Y" clause within the game. People who only log on a few times a week should not have access to the best rewards in the game, I think we can all agree with that, and I think that's what the OP was touching base on. But what criteria does the playerbase feel you need to have, outside of skill, to have access to raid gear?
  10. Iamkeene

Iamkeene New Cupcake

Because WoW.

Seriously, not sure what the big deal is, if you don't want to do 40 man raid content, then you don't need the top gear, because the "lesser" gear is fine for your level of content. If you do want to do 40 man raid content, then you have to have the dedication to get there.

I don't want to hear the BS about "only 1% gets to see all the content", you wanna see the content, watch the youtube videos of the top guilds killing the bosses. There is a fine line between ruining a game and making it fun for all.