1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Raids looting system - Need vs Greed?! REALLY?! (Seperate loot on smaller mobs?)

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Exquise, May 25, 2013.

1. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

I was thinking specifically for the 'go and kill 10 X' quests in starting zones when you have 50 people trying to tag one boar. Elites I suppose should have tagging or some kind of reward ratio thing based on your damage/healing contribution for ungrouped play.

As for someone following me. I used to do that all the time in WoW follow a lowbie around wait for them to tag the mobs then oneshot it, never got a complaint.
  2. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

thats fine, I know some people dont mind, but 2 things about that specifically -

a. do you share loot doing that in Wow

b. you are describing a lowbie getting helped out by you killing the mobs really quick, I was describing 2 or more people around the same level and 1 doing all the work while the stranger just leeches with a single Aoe before the mobs die.....that could potentially piss off the guy doing all the work.
  3. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

As to point B - that wouldn't bother me. I don't see why it would. I have to kill those mobs and "do all the work" whether he's there or not. If he's a lowbie and incapable of killing a mob on his own then it's more than likely he's going to agro something and get eaten alive, or he won't contribute enough damage to qualify for loot in the first place. If he's the appropriate level for the area then his AOE contributes something, and the killing goes faster for everyone, thus the loot piles up faster for everyone.

Also, in any kind of sharing system order to qualify for credit and loot you still need to contribute a certain amount of damage to the mob, or else it doesn't make any sense. Ticking off only 1% of a mob's health and expecting to be rewarded with loot is unreasonable, and I don't think a dev would ever design a system where that could be done.
  4. Foozy

Foozy New Cupcake

I kinda prefer the need and greed. This will encourage people to find serious people which reminds me of the old vanilla WoW feeling. There is nothing better than to raid with a group of friends. So if you decide to go ''pugging'' with people, you'll do it at your own risk. I'm personally against LFR as it simply makes raiding so ''unserious''. Raiding is for ''hardcore'' players who really want to make the best of the game. People who doesnt play much should basically stick with PVP or dungeons. So im hoping they stick with the Need and greed as long as possible so that people will be encouraged to find serious raiding guilds and have some fun without finding Ninjas!

Cheers o/