1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Remove PVP gear!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Mel, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Why is it that PvE players are always whinnying about PvP players, but you rarely if ever see it the other way round.
    Afrotech likes this.
  2. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

You do when they don't get their special niche armor that grossly trumps what everyone else has.
  3. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

heh theres plenty of that in wow. course some of the best "pvp" gear is gained from raiding.
    it should be the best pvp gear is gotten from pvp.
    GloryHogXL likes this.
  4. Scarzi

Scarzi Cupcake-About-Town

probably because pvp took an hour to cap points and not that much effort to hit 2k rating which gives you access to 95% of the pvp gear, where as valor alone took a min of 5+ hours to cap and to even achieve those rare few piece of gear that are good in pvp took a considerable amount of effort to achieve since they were usually late heroic items. You didn't even have to be good in pvp to eventually acquire a good set where it was the opposite in heroics.
    zekkdarklighter likes this.
  5. Nemeses

Lol another carebear whining, there are PvE servers go play on them, PvP players should be entitled to the same gear progression that PvE players get from raiding, but people like want everyone to play the game your way.

It's a typical PvE players attitude and one you never see from a PvP player.

No idea what point you trying to make.
  6. Scarzi

my point is that resilience is <REDACTED> and never should have been implemented into the game. You're welcome for the summary of my 6 posts in this thread.
  7. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

I enjoy both pve and pvp, and I have to agree with Scarzi's point that you are obviously missing. The time, effort and training to get high quality pvp gear is much lower than that of raiding. Think of it as having no honor points at all, then you can only enter any one battleground only once a week, and at the end of the battleground only members of the winning team get a chance at a total of two pieces of high level gear amongst all 15-20 players who participated. At that point the difficulty of attaining pvp gear meets the difficulty of attaining pve gear. At that point I would say go equality for gear for both. But so long as I can enter battleground after battleground with a few arena fights to get the proper rating, and just rack up the points go grab epic raid quality gear, pvp gear should be underpowered against pve gear.

Now the wildstar pvp warplots is bringing a new dynamic of money invested in the warplot and time to build it up and get 40 people to fight beside you... I could see warplot battles providing high quality gear, it's coming close to pve for the difficulty and investment...
  8. Nemeses

Again total and utter rubbish, if it's so easy why then are you whining, you can do it and still raid, you just like most carebears, who pretend to like PvP but actually don't.
    plic70 likes this.
  9. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

Lol another real carebear whining because he can only win a fight by having welfare gear given to him rather than actually playing the game and earning it like everyone else.
  10. Nemeses

So you the one who decides how people earn their gear, you want them to play your way, typical, no one is stopping you getting PvP gear.

What is it with PvE players that always whine about this.
  11. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

You mean like the special niche armor raiders had in vanilla WoW that grossly trumped what everyone else had before pvp gear was introduced?
    Kataryna likes this.
  12. Scarzi

you have yet to make a legitimate argument other then bashing users.. Vanilla encouraged people to do both because they both benefited from pve and pvp. A full GM or HW could easily do competitive damage in a BWL/AQ40 group in full PVP gear and vice versa for a pve of that content stepping into pvp. It was a great balance and resilience ruined that because they inflated numbers. Rather then just reducing numbers like they said they would in Cata because they knew it was a bad solution the effort involved was too much. So they kept going down the resilience path. You want people to play all aspects of the game, not being divided.
  13. Nemeses

Wow mate your only argument is wow, nothing nothing nothing stops you from getting PvP gear, so your argument is totally mute, and if you don't want to get PvP gear roll on a PvE server, why are people so selfish they just want the game their way. No PvP player is saying no to have raid progression gear.

But no I bet what you actually want is no PvP servers.
  14. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

Yea, no. Time and effort should equal reward. Understand all my top level characters in wow had high level pvp gear. Although I was in a guild that had two weekly raid nights, only my tank and hunter had raid quality epics. PvP gear is much, much easier to get. I am starting to understand that you are the opposite of a 'carebear' and want nothing but easy epics so you can smash others harder without the time or investment. Good for you.
  15. Nemeses

If it so easy why are you whining, just roll on a PvE server, that's why they there! But I bet every time you done PvP you got a arse kicking so now you cry no end.
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Guess this'll be another thread I have to jump into and let people know stuff? -

The gear you get from Rated PvP will be based on ELO rating and (as Extatica has said) BGs<Arena<Warplots. You will NOT go up against people that do not have access to the same PvP rewards as you. As you rank up in ELO rating, you'll go up against more geared and more skilled people that have the ability to buy the same gear as you have the ability to buy.
  17. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

You did read the post, no? Ah, you cannot read. I see. I'll try to say it in simple terms. I win at PVP often, so my gear was epic and awesome. It was too easy. Make pvp gear harder so people who are good at it will actually stand out for once above the wallmart epic pvp gear.

Was that simple enough or do I have to type it like a highschool girl texting?

PS: sorry cat, was for the other guy, you posted while I was typing.
  18. Nemeses

Yes but we talking well I think about wPvP, so your point is mute. And I'm pretty sure most people are aware that the BG are ELO.
  19. Nemeses

My point was you're a carebear, its funny every single time this discussion comes up be it any new mmo, the anti PvP gear/servers people are always well according to them great PvP players :p
  20. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i know - and, honestly, if you come up against someone with better gear in OWPvP, then you're just Shoot out of luck, and if you don't like it you had the choice to pick a non-PvP server, or not flag yourself for PvP. Someone with the best Raid gear could still one shot someone with crappy PvP gear...OR someone with crappy PvP gear could be more skilled at OWPvP than someone with the Best Raid gear and smoosh them, you never know! AND you might never know (unless there's an armory of some sort) because WS has Costumes in the game :D so you might never know what JoePvP was wearing - but everyone will still blame their death on better gear or something instead of their own failings :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.