1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Rival List :D

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Mesmir, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Sayantan

Sayantan Cupcake

I don't think Rival list is necessarily an Ignore list. Reminds me of Archer's "Kane and Abel"
  2. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Rival doesn't always mean someone who you hate. It could be more of someone that you like to compete with.

In PvP, a lot of people you come across run away from you screaming after a couple of hits. Then there's that one person that charges in and takes it all and never backs down from you. They were actually fun to fight against and were inventive. You liked playing against them. So, you add them as a rival and, since they enjoyed the competition too, they accept. Yays! Now weeks later you're unhappy and bored. Oh! Wait, you see your rival is in so and so. Yays! You go there to meet up and bash each other until both of you are happy again.
  3. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Orly? I hadn't heard that - that changes the dynamic considerably imo
  4. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

It's because it turns out I'm wrong. You have to approve Friends. No comment about Rivals. So, yeah, you could go mark all the healers. It do note that it specifies that the marking is in the open world, so perhaps it isn't a factor in war plots at all.

• Friends List
      • Add favorite people from your faction to the list to spy on them and keep an eye on there whereabouts.
      • Friend requests must be approved by the person you're attempting to add. Click the lock button in the upper left of the Friends UI in order to enable/disable friend requests.
    • Rivals List
      • Rivals may be added from either faction.
      • Anyone on your Rivals List can be marked in the open world with a unique visual representation. Use this to track down nemeses of the opposite faction, or duel with one of your favorite friends!
  5. Sol

Sol Cupcake-About-Town

This would definitely be a solution.

I personally have no issues with this; a lot of other players will though and they will complain vocally about being harassed while trying to do dailies - even though they chose to rollo on a pvp server! We have people complaining about being ganked doing PvP quests in the gree event on ilum even!

An addon isn't a Dev supported mechanic and could possibly be curtailed if it was seen to be detrimental. However I probably wasn't clear enough as I am totally agreeing with you; it's either in or it's out as if you nerf it it simply becomes like a friends list.

I'm all for the rival list; I just don't see it lasting due to complainers.
    Mesmir likes this.
  6. Karonte

Karonte New Cupcake

perfect idea o,o
  7. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Sorry... who?
    Extatica likes this.
  8. Teehk

Teehk Cupcake-About-Town

i have a feeling im gonna be on a lot of peoples list :p
  9. Zybak

Zybak Cupcake-About-Town

I absolutely love world pvp and the idea of a rivals list. What I don't like is people ganking lower level players who literally have no way of fighting back.

I think it would be awesome if you couldn't attack someone unless they were within 5 levels of you.

I don't understand how 1 shotting someone is world PvP.
  10. celestria

celestria Cupcake

Tera had a nice anti-griefing protection.

Killing a player of significantly lower level made you an outlaw for hours - thus making you killable by anyone - anywhere. Nice punishment for seeking uneven fights.

I remember the first forum posts where people got themselves outlaw for weeks in advance and then started complaining ;)
  11. mysticjbyrd

mysticjbyrd Cupcake-About-Town

What if they attack you first? 5 levels isn't necessarily that big of an advantage if your not max level.
  12. celestria

celestria Cupcake

Then you get no penalty.

The way the OW PvP system was designed is that you can flag yourself Outlaw (kind of PvP flag). When you do you can kill anyone and be killed by anyone. By default it fades 2 min after last combat. If while being Outlaw you kill a lowbie you get I believe something like 1 hour longer duration on Outlaw per level difference if the difference is larger then a certain threshold (I think it was 5 or 6 levels).

Killing any other Outlaw (including lowbies) has no penalty, you don't even become outlaw yourself.
  13. Zybak

Zybak Cupcake-About-Town

Even 5 levels is a huge advanatage, there's only 50 levels in the game.
  14. mysticjbyrd

mysticjbyrd Cupcake-About-Town

I said not necessarily a huge advantage. I have easily beaten people 5 levels above me in open world PvP before.
  15. celestria

celestria Cupcake

All depends on the game, specs, situation, other factors.

I don't remember the exact level threshold. Point is that if you grief players who are obviously not worthy opponents - you get punished, on your own game.
  16. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I hope I can add notes to this list.

My bad memory needs help to know why I have to kill this person.

Today in WvW a guy who had no hand in killing me laughed/jumped on my corpse and danced on me and a friend. I would like to add that in the notes to make his death fit the extent of his rudeness :devilish: :D
  17. Rizlah

Rizlah Cupcake

Yea i love this idea. Cannot wait to track down and hunt rival guilds and their leaders.
  18. Mesmir

Mesmir Cupcake

hehe, tracking leaders of main guilds.
    could get funny if ppl gather to protect/help them :p

Edit: same goes for me ofc, now i'm in IL ill protect Ayora and my guildies at all cost :ninja: - wont be much of a problem though :coffee::coffee:
  19. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

Really the meat of this is that you will be allowed to fight someone within your own faction. The odds of you running into a specific person from the opposite faction is really miniscule. Besides, if it's red, it's dead, doesn't matter what their name is :)

I will also add that if the Chua race is really the 4th faction and is exactly what all the speculation says it is, then pretty much every person I know who plans on playing Chua is going on my list.
    Mesmir likes this.
  20. Mesmir

Mesmir Cupcake

Just how i like it ;)