1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Roles based on classes or spec?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kriegson, May 11, 2013.

1. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

Just wondering if there's been any word in regards to how the classes will determine roles in the game, and how close it is to the traditional class roles *1 or far from it with the more modular systems newer MMO's seem to be building up *2.
    Ultimately I prefer the latter, more versatility is always better, and while I don't expect (or even want) to do everything as well as every other class, it would be nice to have the ability to fulfill multiple roles (to a degree with speccing) as a single class.

*1(Ye olde "Class determines role" You are a warrior, so you will tank)
    *2(you are a stalker, but you have some avoidance and heal abilities specced so you can tank to a degree if needed)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Untill now it's class --> 2 roles (each class got 2 roles)
    But i think you can even, in some cases, go a bit more ''hybrid''. IT has more to do with the stats you get higher! For a tank needs Tech as a stat to keep agro (Tech = extra threat). So mayby you can get lower Tech (when you get better gear) and then improve your dps stat a bit?

But always becarefull with that, because you can just lose an important milestone if you lower some stat too much.

Warrior = dps or tank
    Stalker = dps or tank
    Spellslinger = dps or healer
    Esper = dps or healer
    <REDACTED> = dps or tank (most lickely)
    <REDACTED> = dps or healer

For example if you get the milestone (reduce dmg taken by 5% at 100 Tech), then you see that you got so much threat that you can really do with less Tech and mayby get some more dmg from the STR stat.
    But then if you lower your Tech you also lose the 100 Tech milestone of reducing dmg taken, but you would get the STR milestone ''increase damage of your normal hits by 5%''.

So now you just have to look if you can still mitigate enough damage without the Tech milestone! If so you can probably get more dmg from the STR stats.

So that's what i mean with:
    It's Class --> Role, but you can adjust your role by playing with your stats, and the stats of your gear ofcourse!
    Malorak likes this.
  3. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Yup, you can REALLY min/max the <REDACTED> out of this game.

-Stats
    -spells
    -spells on your LMA
    -Milestones
    -Path

And that's JUST your character! There's still gear and customization for that, too.

I'm really looking forward to creating the PERFECT Warrior tank!
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I wish you good luck on your never ending way to perfection :p
    Isn't it hard to walk a path, you know that will never lead to an end?

PS: Dominion or Exile? (i need to know for my second comment about this :D)
  5. Malorak

"This boy has chosen a path way harder than being the best...Maybe not even an achieveable one, but one thing is for sure - he won't be stopped until he found that out on his own" - Coach from Hajime no Ippo

I love theorycrafting. By the way: Dominion. Mechari. Explorer.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Wanted to say something in the lines of:
    ''We look above to the stars, while we know we can't reach them, we can certainly try to. Since that path towards the stars, is the greatest adventure of it's own'' - by me :D

And if you had replied ''Exile'' i'd said something along these lines:
    The path to perfection is a hard one and you will face many hardships if you continue this path, but have no fear i'll kill you before that!! :sneaky:
  7. Malorak

"Simon,who the hell do you think you are!? Don't believe in me. Believe in yourself. Believe that you believe, because your drill is the one that shall pierce the heavens."

Important and relevant:
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

''Listen up, Simon. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in me, who believes in you!''

It's full of contradictions.....that's why i don't like that anime :p
    Who should he even believe to believehimselve? If others don't think he can believe in himself believing that he believes? What's left to believe? Believe others that believe in you? Can you even believe them? What is believing? Who should believe?
  9. Malorak

You should belief that this anime is awesome, that's enough.

Also: One of those animes you shouldn't think too much about - it is Gainax' way of saying thanks to Getter Robo, and that was overkill, too, filled with nonsense sayings like these :D
  10. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

Actually it does make sense in the context of someone who has no confidence. Take confidence that others take confidence in you. It's seen quite a bit in story and film when someone needs reassurance that they are doing the right thing, they get a reminder that others trust their judgment, and that gives them the confidence to continue. Basically if you aren't sure you're making the right decision, others trust you well enough to know that you will.

At any rate, my drill will pierce the heavens, etc.

OT: Would love to have a DPS warrior with a few support abilities via either CC or heal/buffs etc.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well it does make sence in that context, but i responded on another sentence. And if you look at them together at the same time, it doesn't make sence.

So together that makes this:
    So they say to him:
    Don't believe yourself and don't believe me
    While they also say
    Believe me and believe yourself.

This could be percieved as the following sentence: Don't believe anyone not even yourself, but believe everyone including yourself. Which again would not make any sence.

That's a contradiction, no matter how you look at it. Also now it suddenly DOESN'T make sence at all.

Ofcourse there is a different time-span it takes for those 2 sentences to be said. But that's not the issue here.

OT: Please no! What should a warrior even be able to do to heal someone? First aid as in WoW? Or do they have some ''shout the pain out'' ability that heals others while screaming like a Dragonball Z character?
    CC + protection i buy, heals for a warrior....nah....unless you got some solution to it? Don't go all fancy techno <REDACTED>. i think the next class will be that already so it would be a waste to give the warrior the same abilities then....or not?

BTW: did i answred your question in my first post? Haven't had any responce from you yet on that :D
  12. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

Yeah, I was just talking about that general bit in the show, the message he was trying to get across and the intended effect, as opposed to what exactly they said. It made it a bit more believable to me that they weren't exactly eloquent with their words, but still had a pretty impressive moment :p
    Yeah, you pretty much answered it, but yeah just something tertiary like first aid or a combat stim for a quick heal that quickly fades over time would be interesting. I'm not talking major healing capabilities, but just a few options to allow you to be more versatile.