1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Saw a thread about merging WildStar servers.. is the game dead yet?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Konoko, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

I gave WildStar about 3 months for subs fell off. I am curious how it's doing.
  2. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

Misleading title is misleading?
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Nope, seems to be doing fine as far as I can tell. I mean, we're not talking super hyped numbers but I can regularly find battlegrounds, etc. even having just finished going through the levelling process (i.e. not a bunch of bitter L50's hanging around empty servers).

Guilds are still working on raid progression and all is well.

That said, some of the servers are reportedly low population (mostly servers that were opened as overflow during launch, I think) and I could see a small number of free character migrations made available in the near future.
  4. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

The only people I have heard say that Wildstar is "dead" are people who do not play the game. I assume that the people playing the game are too busy having fun to feed the trolls. :p

BG queue times are under 1min at peak and around 4-5mins during work-hours for each level division that I have tried on my server (<=14, 15-29-30-39). Dungeon queues are still fairly low even when you're not at max level (my max level healer generally only has to wait a couple seconds).

Some people have pointed to the low number of progression raiding guilds as a sign of the end times. However, the truth is that Wildstar requires a long attunement process that many of the less-hardcore guilds are simply not through yet (spending raid-nights getting silver runs on Veteran Dungeons).

Oh yeah, and we had yet another guild down Dreadphage Ohmna for the first time on Stormtalon (Dominion) over the last weekend. I don't remember who it was, but grats to them.

I've heard people throw around numbers for the sub drop between 10% and 80% of the game population. But the truth is that there is no actual evidence for either conclusion. There was a sub drop-off a few weeks ago, that is definitely true, but the same thing happens after every new release (including wow expansions).

P.S. I haven't been playing as much over the last couple days because I broke my mouse (right-click failure) and I am waiting on pins and needles to get my new one in so I can continue enjoying Wildstar.^^
  5. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I've this mouse, a Naga of some kind, that has the 12 keypad buttons on the sides. In beta and since launch I used it. Then couple days ago used a regular mouse, and suddenly Wildstar was impossible to play for me! It was like brain said "No! Thumb controls that ability!"
    BStrait57 and Kataryna like this.
  6. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

So how are those 40 man raids working?
  7. Vanor

Vanor Cupcake

Wildstar made the same mistake that SWTOR did. They listened to all the whining about queue times when the game launched and added about twice as many servers as were really needed after the first month.

Because they were trying to eliminate queues based on a population of everyone with the free month still.
  8. zombieChan

zombieChan New Cupcake

The guilds doing them seem to enjoy them. (Except Voodoo, RIP)
  9. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

Right....all 2 entire guilds doing 40 man content.

No. Carbine is almost to the point of admitting their big mistake and that is to ignore those of us that actually had experience in 40 mans and listening to the people that NEVER PLAYED 40 mans. 40 mans wont work in todays MMO market. You might have a small handful(and by that I mean like 5 guilds) in your entire game clearing that stuff. Thats not going to pay the bills. Sorry.

They need smaller raids, they need more accessible raids, they need short session gameplay.

I can honestly say that I was correct and most of you that looooooved 40 mans(and never experienced them) wer wrong. Because look at the state of the game today. Most players bled off, most guilds left, its not the game they thought...and wildstar doesn't exactly have the best reputation either. I still would enjoy the game if there was something to do at endgame besides raiding. Flame this post at your leisure. I'm sure some stout fanbois and maybe even a carbine developer(because they have in the past) will come in here and ridicule me. But yeah...lets see those 40 man raid guilds.