1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Settler

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by jordan coughlin, Mar 9, 2013.

1. jordan coughlin

jordan coughlin New Cupcake

Okay so the settler really interests me its nice to see something like this in a game its really unique. But from i've seen it's still really foggy. i understand they can help upgrade cities and such, to build taxis and other things but what i want to know is to what extent? and if they can just build camps where ever? Also whether or not they will be useful come a year or two after release where everything is allready built unless what has been made slowly fades away or becomes destroyed.
  2. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

The short answer is we don't know. We don't know a whole lot about either the Settler or the Scientist yet. :(
  3. nomotog

nomotog Cupcake-About-Town

You know what we know. A lot of people are looking forward to the settler, but I don't even think they have them completely worked out yet.
  4. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I did read or hear somewhere (sorry can't remember off the top of my head) that stuff built by Settlers DO decay over time.

Also, this article claims that a Settler 'can still make interesting things happen' even in an empty zone; so we'll have to see what they mean by that. :)
  5. jordan coughlin

jordan coughlin New Cupcake

pretty sure i'm going scientist anyways but i'd still like to know about the others
  6. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

By their very nature, the Settler creations would have to decay. I think I remember hearing something about settlers being able to "repair" settlements, so it's entirely possible that what one settler has built, another can fix as it decays. Or possibly improve upon.
  7. TheBee

TheBee New Cupcake

I hope they reveal some more info about this at PAX. I'm super interested in this
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I wasn't aware of these things anyway, I'd say let's wait for the offical ''Settler Path'' Video :up:
  9. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

This article on the official website confirms Settlers for building coool stuff ^___^.

It was also demo'd in a video somewhere, but I can't remember just now. :p
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I think mayby they meant it for those big PvP things (can't remember the name of it....but instead of guild you have like war-guilds that can build a settlement), i can see those settlements need repairing after a big group vs group fight.

And mayby then can even improve some cannons or put more cannons at the settlement? But can't wait for more info of the path and those war things :D
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Thanks for the link....can't believe i missed it....
  12. Slyndria

Slyndria Cupcake-About-Town

Get in line young grasshopper and wait for the information!