1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Seven Classes?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Grug, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

it is a build from 2011, so a year and a half ago. and they've already said recently that there's only one weapon per class.
  2. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

I see. For the more recent 4 month old build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veB3Qf6dvgE, is that a shield generator alongside weapon slot as seen at 2:00?
  3. Grug

Grug New Cupcake

Hey! At 14:15 you can see the reputation vendor and the seven weapons.
  4. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I believe I seen a NPC with a staff during one of the gameplay vids that was later referred too as a Aurin druid which would also fit in with the lore/nature of that race and the much suspected healer class
  5. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

There are 10 possible combinations with the 5 main stats we know about so far. 4 of those combinations have been revealed. If we eliminate the 3 pure dps combos, 3 remain (one of those being heal/tank without a dps option). That means 7 possible non-pure dps choices, which would match up with the 7 weapon types.

Will they all be there for launch? I dunno. Will they make new stats for the new classes? I dunno. Just making an observation.

Current Combinations

Strength DPS Technology Tank
    Dexterity DPS Technology Tank
    Dexterity DPS Wisdom Heal
    Magic DPS Wisdom Heal

Possible Combinations

Strength DPS Wisdom Heal
    Magic DPS Technology Tank
    Wisdom Heal Technology Tank

Pure DPS Combinations

Strength DPS Dexterity DPS
    Strength DPS Magic DPS
    Dexterity DPS Magic DPS
  6. Draegan

Draegan Cupcake

I doubt that they would make a class that has zero dps options. They want people to solo and most of the time that means using a dps option so your kill speed isn't terrible.

I say they add another tank/dps and heal/dps but ranged tank and melee heal. The tank with heavy armor and the heal with medium armor.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they've already said that there will not be any class that has no option to dps.
  8. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Which only makes me think that every class can do damage, but you can specialize into DPS, Healz or Tank. So maybe a Wis/Tech type class could be done.
  9. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Certainly nothing is completely impossible but from the already revealed classes having an even split of tanks and healers and their various comments I would judge this to be extremely unlikely.
  10. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, that's the other thing, Wisdom is heals and Tech is tank, they've said that there's not a 3-spec/hybrid class.
  11. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Ofcourse. It would be pretty silly if there was. The vast majority of players are interested in dps, not really in tanking or healing, so that class would be quite the rare sight in the game world. What kind of game devs would design content that isn't likely to be experienced by a lot of players ?! That would be a waste of resources and time.
  12. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

What I'm getting at is when they said all classes could DPS did they mean DPS? Or did they mean damage? A class doesn't have to be good at DPS to solo, they just need to do damage.

So could they have meant everyone will do damage but can focus into two areas between Tank/Heal/DPS? If DPS is always one isn't that limiting? And then you get into only two classes can do one of the trinity and that's even more limiting? Then you get to where only a 2 or 3 races can do one class and that limits it even more.

Am I the only one who has noticed that? I hope it isn't this way.
  13. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

Yes.
  14. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

So my choices for what my class will do will either be ???/DPS or DPS/???

So then the only real difference between an Esper and a Spellslinger is delivery or play style?

*very, very, large SIGH*
  15. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Not sure what you meant by this it's shaping up to look like we will have 3 tank classes, 3 healer classes all of which have a DPS option so 6 DPS
  16. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

They'll all also have CC abilities and buffs/debuffs. So you can have an ESPer that heals and buffs, or does DPS and debuffs, or heals and debuffs; same with the Spellslinger. I'm having difficulty imagining what else you'd want.
  17. Batzorig

Batzorig Cupcake-About-Town

Seems like the only difference between an esper and a spellslinger would be playstyle and selection of abilities available... but that's like saying the difference between a hunter and a warlock in WoW is playstyle and selection of abilities. They're massively different classes. Honestly, I would say it's pretty diversifying to have every class be capable of two roles, when many games still use classes only capable of one. Though I do understand if you're one who prefers to tank and heal, as it sounds like there won't be a single class for that player.
    Kataryna likes this.
  18. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I'm not sure if i can explain it better. The Trinity now consists of Tank/Heals/DPS. You can argue which is more important but for this purpose they are all equal. If you tell me all classes have two Styles and one is DPS then actually we only have one style to choose from since everyone can DPS. So my choice is actually between Tank and Heal. In other words my choices are

Tank/DPS
    Heal/DPS
    DPS/Tank
    DPS/Heal

So some sort of variation of 4 styles. That's limiting to me especially ( based on what Moneda stated below) when it looks like support abilities aren't their own style they are absorbed by the others. So it also sounds like

Tank/Heals
    Heals/Tank

is not an option since we all are going to be DPS. I could care less about DPS. I've always enjoyed Support, Tank, or Heals. So to me it seems very limited.

To be honest i think I have been spoiled by GW2. The flexibility there is awesome, but doable because they do not focus on the Trinity To me if you are going to have a Trinity system then you need to have classes that form specific roles only, like EQ and Vanilla WoW. That way you choose what role you are and you do it. If you want another role you create another character.

Yeah, Yeah I know I'm archaic and their needs to be options yada, yada, yada...whatever ;)
  19. Norek

Norek New Cupcake

SWTOR's "rogue" like class also tanks, only one I can think of offhand but I'm pretty sure I've seen it in other games also, this is just the first one that came to mind. It will be stat and spec based, you won't be able to tank in dps gear with a dps set (well you COULD but you would get face smashed at high levels) odds are you will have some nice tanky abilities and passive bonuses from the tank builds, and possibly even a stance for threat that dps spec either won't get at all or will just be stronger for the tank spec

Well considering that the only other options for a mix up is either Tank/Heal or Tank/Heal/DPS, which means if one class is stuck with ONLY the option to Tank/Heal, that can make solo leveling a pain in the arse, or every class can Tank/Heal/DPS which is even worse than your complaint about two classes being similar already, because EVERY class would have to have all 3 or people start to complain about their class lacking...
  20. Batzorig

Batzorig Cupcake-About-Town

Ah ha, that makes it a little clearer. To be fair though, I think it makes sense in a way, as DPS is usually the most numerous class required (1 tank, 1 heal, 3 dps). It is a bit sad to have no tank and heal class, but hopefully there will be enough selection and variation for the within a single class that it feels like you have options, even if they are not options for a totally different role.
    Mudfin likes this.