1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Seven Classes?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Grug, Mar 26, 2013.

1. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

Wildstar's system seems limited to you but what I just quoted doesn't seem limited? You want a more specific kind of limitation? :laugh:
  2. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I think I'm bemoaning (word???) the fact that I can't play Support in the sense of a Bard, Enchanter, Shaman, type class. Or I should say I it doesn't seem like I can. I was hoping the Esper might be along that line, but if it has DPS as one of it's primary focus then I'm not sure I can.

No, it doesn't. But then again I understand what I am saying, you don't. Sorry. :sneaky:
  3. Batzorig

Batzorig Cupcake-About-Town

Okay, I may be starting to understand... DPS is not a primary focus for any of the classes listed. It is a POSSIBLE focus. Being an Esper does not mean that no matter what you do, you will have to be contributing DPS in order to be playing well/properly. it just means it's an option. You can go pure heals+buffs/debuffs and leave damage dealing moves off your action bar, and that shouldn't cause any problems in group play.

I don't think the assumption is that every class needs to be contributing DPS in every fight, but that they can all switch to a set-up where they COULD do DPS. If you don't want to, then don't, and you can stay in support...

...Am I in the ballpark of what you meant?
  4. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I would say you have hit it out of the ballpark. Thanks.

I was very stuck on how people have been saying Tank/DPS that's a warrior and that's it.

Earlier when I was asking if it is DPS or damage, damage meant to me what you suggested. It's there and can be used, but you can focus more on X and not focus on DPS. I still think it lessen the variation (better word than limitation, maybe?) when you can only "specialize" into DPS and X. I'd rather it be X/X and my choice.
  5. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I love the fact that every class is a dps/... hybrid. Especially considering strong emphasis on group content at Elder game, it will be so much easier to gather groups and hopefully, it will motivate more people into trying a support role they wouldn't otherwise consider, if they had to roll another toon for it, or vice versa :)
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Even if a game has the Trinity system, that still doesn't matter if people want to play other roles. I've seen games with 4 roles and games with 5 roles but still keeping the dps/tank/heal roles.

DCUO has a controller = lot's of CC + extra mana regen.
    It's like a healer but then for your mana, while still dealing nice damage.

Other games had like hybrids heal/dps, like a shadow priest (from WoW) but with a bit more healing skills.
    But that was a class, since they made the dungeon too hard to heal solo (as a healer) but too easy to heal as 2 healer and you lacked dps then, so you had to put a hybrid dps/healer (support) in your team to win the dungeon/raid. Also 2 hybrids or 3 hybrids was a no-go since some of the buffs wouldn't stack.

So you had:
    1 tank
    1 healer
    1 support
    2 DPS

But they would have to begin the game with wanting to put more then 3 roles in the game, otherwise it would be to hard to implement it afterwards.
  7. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

And I think that is what I am struggling with primarily right now.

EDIT: And to be honest I've always thought the Trinity was used to described the essentials you needed in your group and that it was Tank/Heals/Support. And Dmage Dealers fell under support. Now it is DPS instead of support and we have removed the support role and divided it's skills amongst everyone. That I sorely miss.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

And others say the support fals under healing instead of the dps falling under support. Quick surving over the net comes up with all kind of different things.....some say it's support some say it's dps (as 3rd rol).

To me personaly i think even what DCUO did could be marked as some sort of ''holy trinity addaption''. But well....that's just personal opinion.

But everyone has it's own personal opinion about it, and some hate what WS does and some love it, and some are between that.
  9. Draegan

Draegan Cupcake

I suspect that all classes will have forms of buffs, debuffs, and cc. I also suspect that you may be able to spec into a support type of build by your choice of milestone stat allocation and ability points.

Who knows it it will be efficient, but I'm willing to bet you'll be able to do that.
  10. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

I think if you liked GW2 system you'll like this even more, now it may seem like it's less variety but I honestly think it's way more. In GW2 we had everyone presumably able to fill all roles (no dedicated healer or real tank) so everyone was doing DPS and hopefully having some support for their party. The holy trinity actually gives you the framework to distinguish yourself more and create more variety in the class. So you'll have supporty tanks doing DPS, they've even said espers could almost tank so a beefy esper offtank/healer isn't out of the question.
    Mudfin likes this.
  11. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Well didn't that 30 minute Deradune video say that the warrior could be built to focus on Crowd Control, via stuns and interrupts, sacrificing some DPS and surviveability? I'd say that's a support build.
    Kataryna likes this.
  12. Xessos

Xessos New Cupcake

The Glaive belongs to the Espers. IN all the videos the three bladed star is on their back. A Glaive isn't just a polearm.
    Kataryna likes this.
  13. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

They are called Psyblades. Calling it glaives confuses people.
  14. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

PsyGlaives!
    Bellaby likes this.
  15. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

Does anyone knows how many classes each race is gonna have acess to,humans can be anything , the granok is gonna have 3 (warrior + the new classes), so is 3 the umber for all the non-human races ? ( I dont tink that is the case, but anyone has concret info about it)

PS:I know this is of topic, but i dindt fell the need to star a new thread since
  16. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

Having a look around the the games website really just seems like a pretty obvious thing to do to me but clearly not....
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/draken.php
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/aurin.php
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/mechari.php

And while not 100% concrete ..... :rolleyes: we have seen Mechari NPCs with the "engineer" gun and both Draken and Aurin NPCs with the Staff weapon.

And since we have already been told that Granok will have access to both the new classes and both types of humans will be able to choose all six it's a fairly safe assuption that the available classes listed on each of the above pages is like those for the Granok, Exile Human and Dominion Human only representative of their available choices from the classes revealed so far.
  17. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

Ok them... what I was asking is if there a statement saing soemthing like " We the devepers have decided the non-human races excepet the granok will have acess to the same number of classes with will be 4 , not , not 5, 4!!"

anyway nice to know condescend remarks have arrived to the site.....
  18. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

no, there's not a definitive dev statement about how many classes each race will get.
  19. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I apologize the the tone and content of my post was needlessly harsh.
    mge_br likes this.
  20. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

No problem, had bad so I wasnt very pacient myself