1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Should Carbine add flying mounts to Wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by tron850, Apr 11, 2014.

1. TyroneBiggims

TyroneBiggims New Cupcake

and you should be able to fly for roughly 5 minutes at a time
  2. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

If you are a scientist there are some areas where you can activate a flight node in some places to fly in a limited area and for a limited amount of time. In Perfect World International there was a time-limited but free-ranging flight effect that each character could get access to. In my opinion it just made interacting with the environment a bad idea.
  3. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

That would still trivialize jump puzzles.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

*This area has sudden windgusts, you get knocked off your mount and fall to your death*

Visible through a red marking on your mini-map as soon as you get on your mount. You can't mount in those area's aswell.

And this is me not even trying. With flying mount people often reffer to WoW with a statement of ''bad things'', yet we can do so much more nowadays to control flying in a game. Archage has gliders instead of flying mount (gives you a soft time limit and hight limit), and there is so much more you can come up with.
  5. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

Flying as it was done in WoW? Hell no.

Some new mechanic with limitations? Maybe... A big maybe though...

Wildstar is a ground-based MMORPG so adding unrestricted flying mounts to it, it's like adding a "skip level" button to a Mario game... It just does not fit.
  6. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

I vote no as I did on the official forum. It seems Carbine had an interest in flying mounts early on but, the community has been consistently resistant to the idea and the pole for this thread once again reflects that resistance.

Taxis and land based mounts get you around reasonably fast and don't ruin content in the process.
  7. coolster50

coolster50 Cupcake

What do they mean by "flying" mounts? Do they mean mouns that fly off the ground and are basically no different from mounts that touch the ground or do they mean mounts that let you fly?
  8. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

You are pretty much asking the same question in two different ways. Please elaborate.
  9. Lycati

Lycati New Cupcake

I think they mean hoverboard vs dragon
  10. coolster50

coolster50 Cupcake

I mean mounts that just hover above the ground like the hoverboard only with wings and stuff or mounts that let you fly as high as you want to (or until you fly out of Nexus' atmosphere)
  11. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

Ah, well in that case, it's the latter. Hoverboards, and anything similar in the future, would still be considered ground mounts.
  12. coolster50

coolster50 Cupcake

Then in that case, I'm all for flying mounts!
  13. Stich

Stich Cupcake

im voting No for flying mounts from past experience with Wow's flying mounts i feel as they remove some of the better things from the game in terms of scenery. take for example Taris from both KOTOR 1 and SWTOR with kotor 1 you see how Taris used to look, and can explore it to some extent with SWTOR you get to see the after effects of Malek's orbital bombardment of the planet, and can explore it like never before, with flying mounts your taking away a big part of the game and eventuyl you just get bored with the area you are in because you are skipping over a vast majority of that area's content