1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Small races

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Cazargar, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

I was just wondering about everyone's opinion about small races in MMOs, specifically about the very likely (if not practically confirmed) addition of the Chua race.

Personally I can't stand em lol. Maybe its the Horde in me and the hatred I developed for gnomes (I was none too happy about goblins). My aversion to these races is admittedly baseless. If you asked me why specifically I couldn't do any better than a 3rd grader retorting with "...cuz". I'm a bit bummed I may have to stand beside them as a Dominion, but I suppose I will learn to love the small furry tinkerers with my cold metallic robot heart.
  2. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

Be sure to update this thread with your ingame name so that I may hunt you down until the last Chua bone in my body becomes tired of such an easy kill.
    Also, I believe the Chua are relatively larger in comparison to the standard height of the races on planet Nexus. While everyone is looking up for the tall Mechari slaves I will be coming from below and putting holes in the Exile scum, with explosives..
    You should be skinned for comparing the Chua overlord with the lowly gnomeee....
    Chim and Nicodemus like this.
  3. Iamaom

Iamaom New Cupcake

I don't mind it as long as the races height isn't too different, like Tauren vs Gnome different because damn was it hard to click on those little guys in a crowd.
  4. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

There's a tall race or two and some average sized races so of course there's gotta be a midget race. There's oddly a huge amount of people who like to play midgets -- furry midgets.
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

*Kataryna Chua Pounces Cazargar* Chua Kill You!

I LOVE small races - Gnome Warlock, Dwarf Chloro-Mage, Asuran Mesmer, and soon to be <Chua-dacted> something or other! I was my guild's designated "Punt-A-Gnome" in WoW and we actually kicked a couple people from group in UBRS for pulling The Beast before I did!
    Volktar and MrDreadful like this.
  6. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

Woah there. Maybe spoke too soon. Once you count in the ears and all maybe they won't appear as small as I thought they would. Honestly I don't care how tall you are if we be teamin to wipe up some Exiles :up:
  7. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

I have mixed feelings about them.

I definitely never play as one but don't mind seeing others play them, as long as the small races are done in a bearable manner. I despised Gnomes and Goblins from WoW, but enjoyed the presence of the Asura from Guild Wars 2.

What usually bothers me is when they are small, quirky, extremely technologically advanced, AND comedic relief....which is all the time really. (Asura get bonus points for being insufferable, snarky, and one of the most important and powerful races in Tyria)
  8. Zero713

Zero713 Cupcake

I enjoy the diversity. The size doesn't bother me as long as the design does not effect game play. For example, in pvp there are times tab targeting, or other targeting features won't pick up the exact target the player wants so the person is forced to click on the target. Smaller races are harder to click, and sometimes can give a slight advantage. As long as hit boxes are standard across all races, I am fine with the little guys.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

ooohhhh those faces when i came with my Gnome (+ some extra shrinking thanks to items), then activated my rocket boots and it took them forever to even ''click'' me (some people don't know there's ''Tab'') and in groups....heck i only got dmg from AoE's :D

I love technologic advanced super midget races :up:

The MMO that comes closest to some resemblance of the Chua's in my opinion is ALLODS!
    [​IMG]
    While i must admit the Chua's are ten times better in combat, style, technology and in looks.

Also i love the fact that google hasn't got alot of Chua's pictures so i get my own profile picture and that of Kataryna as ''search results'' :p

Also be carefull with this subject, we don't wanna invoke the wrath of Sir Yakzan's Mod Monocle:
    [​IMG]
    Myrrdhinn and Bomoo like this.
  10. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

If that image wasn't so blurry, I'd use it without hesitation. :(
    Chim, Myrrdhinn and Extatica like this.
  11. Beetle

Beetle Special Cupcake

I personally don't see the allure of the smaller races for myself, but I never saw that with the Asura in GW2 also. Must just be personal preference :up:
  12. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

Gnome Mage, Asura Warrior and also probably a Ch....other race. Can't help it. I play tall guys as well, but i love mah shorties.
  13. Rene

Rene New Cupcake

I usually play humans, but I love goblins so I was really excited to play as one in WoW, and I played asura in GW2 (mostly because I find human lines in dialogs awfull), so I'd say I personally don't mind smaller races, even if I don't like the look or the feel of a particular race it still makes them a juicier targets than the rest of the races of an opposing faction.
    As for Chua - I dislike the look but I dig the whole crazy-inventors thing. If it is their thing and if it still will be at launch that is.
    Domi Dayglow and MrDreadful like this.
  14. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Once upon a time the Chua were a race of giants! Then one crazy experiment went wrong.....

If there's an option for a height of characters in a game, I usually make it as low as I can. To me it's just easy for me to see around them on the screen. Guess a little quirk, but I don't like it when the character is so small as to be just tiny, tiny. Like the asura from guild wars 2.
    Myrrdhinn likes this.
  15. Volktar

Volktar Cupcake

LOL!
  16. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

My favorite character in Guild Wars 2 is an Asura. They are the coolest race in that game. :D
    MrDreadful likes this.
  17. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

You should be rolling Exile if you're a Hordie. Just because the Dominion is red does not equate them to being the faction Horde players should roll. I mean for instance The Horde is an alliance of outcast races who are struggling to make their way in the world against an established power that controls the land. I mean just look at the races of both of the factions. The Dominion of the Draken who if you turned them blue and put some tentacles on their faces could basically be Space Goats aesthetically. We have the Chua who are very Scientific and mischievous small race of inventors who supply the Dominion with technology Gnomes.... I've got nothing for the Mechari there's nothing in Warcraft similar to them. The Cassians are Imperialist Humans loyal to their monarch. They feel that the Exiles only exist to bring chaos to order and they want to snuff out the threat much like the Humans of Stormwind.

Now for the Exiles... The Granok are burly Warriors who value strength and firepower. Not to mention they look like Orcs in the armor with gigantic shoulders. They would not bend their knee to the Emperor and he attempted to exterminate them for it. We've got Space Undead which basically speaks for itself. We don't have too much information but I'm sure they've got some sort of space plague they got from eating space grain in space Stratholme or whatever. So there's your Forsaken. Let us not forget the annoying pretty race of effeminate pixie people with long ears. Now, the issue is these guys are similar to both the Night Elves and the Blood Elves(and even Tauren in some respects) in different aspects, but seeing as the Horde needed a pretty race in WoW I'm going to lump them in with you guys for that reason here too.

Also, as a former Alliance player and a Chua fan I want you crazy "FOR THE HORDE111!!!!one" people on the other faction. <(-_-)> Chua Pride.
    Rene and Dualist like this.
  18. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

A valiant effort of persuasion to which I have only a simple retort: "Robots, bro."
  19. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

Which have no correlation with either faction. Welcome to the Space Alliance. King Vari... I mean the Emperor welcomes you with open arms.
  20. Bomoo

Bomoo Cupcake

I love 'em, and I was a tauren druid in the wows. Orb of deception mailbox dance!