1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Small races

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Cazargar, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Ryth

Ryth Cupcake

I personally don't like playing smaller races, if only because being small makes their armor nearly impossible to see, which detracts from the joy of getting new gear.

That said, the <unconfirmed dominion race> look like angry moogles. And I do love moogles. Throw in a vanity headpiece that's just a red pom pom on a stick, and I'm there.
    MrDreadful likes this.
  2. MrDreadful

MrDreadful Creepy Cupcake

Yeah, that's one of the things about small races. And large races, also, honestly. They stretch the bigger races into the same things, mess with the shoulder pads and call it a day.
  3. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

I tend to enjoy smaller races, both in MMOs and in traditional pen-and-paper RPGs. That could be because I'm a massive giant in real life, so in fantasy settings I like to imagine being a little guy.

Oddly, that's one thing I've noticed about a lot of people with otherwise irrational hatreds for smaller races. They tend to either be short or still growing themselves. Kind of a self-hating sort of deal. It's not the only reason, and its not even the exclusive reason, but it does come up quite often in my experience.
  4. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

I don't really care, I don't play them much but they don't bother me. I know there are a lot of people who will only play the smallest race they possibly can, so it is smart for new mmos to include a small race in my opinion.
  5. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

I'm good with short races. I don't usually play them myself, but anything that adds more variation is good.

I do tend to take my medium size characrters and make them shorter for (if there's height slider) for reasons I am unsure of. Why I like short human(ish) characters but not the full out short races is a mystery to me. Maybe it's because my wife is pretty short.
  6. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

I don't inherently dislike short races. I dislike the 'cute' short races. I love the short races that are evil, or scrappy, or bad<REDACTED> despite their obvious physical deficiency. That being said, I won't play one. I value my imposing size far too much. :p
  7. Warslyfe

Warslyfe Cupcake

The only short race I could get into enough to actually want to play was the goblins in WAR. Love those guys, but the probably had more to do with speaking like da boyz...
  8. RedSam777

RedSam777 New Cupcake

I prefer to play smaller races, I love the fact that such a tiny being can kick serious arse. I play mostly Asuras in Guild Wars 2, love those little guys!