1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Smart" Monsters?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Shinozuka, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Shinozuka

Shinozuka Cupcake

( I searched for this and I didn't find much)

In the Elder scrolls Online Quakecon Demo it is talked about how NPCs work together. One can pour oil on the ground. Another NPC can light it.
    Sounds interesting.

At about 19:30 it is talked about.

I am wondering what "advanced" features the monsters /NPCs have in Wildstar.

Thanks!
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

And looks terrible. That dungeon was one of the most boring pve encounters I have ever seen.
    Mukesh likes this.
  3. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

we dont want them too smart, or they'd just run away whenever they saw a PC coming towards them

the only winning move is to not play
  4. Shinozuka

Shinozuka Cupcake

Ok. But are they "smart" like smarter than in SWTOR or RIFT....

I ask because I am curious.
  5. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Don't know. It certainly did not appear so. Games keep making claims to "super ai" *cough*Eqn*cough* but offers no evidence.
  6. binzer

binzer Cupcake

Those advanced features don't look like anything new to me. I guess trash mobs in mmos haven't historically been very clever, but everything in that video has still been done before. I think it actually looks decently fun, but AI only seems impressive to me if it's reacting very specifically to what the player does. Enemies healing each other has been around since the 80s!
  7. Mukesh

Mukesh Cupcake

If you listen to the presenter, the healer mob is sitting in the back healing himself. Doesn't sound that smart to me.
  8. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Well I'm not sure about smart, its kinda difficult to make mobs combat smart in an mmo. But the AI looks interesting in WS. Apparently some mobs will "migrate" toward water at times and there may be predator mobs along the way that will attack them and such.

Not sure of the extent they are going to with this but I hope its subtle enough to bring a bit more life to what otherwise might be rather static.
    Rek and Livnthedream like this.
  9. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Cupcake

I doubt they will be very smart. Let's be honest unless you attack an enemy in their camp and they sound the alarm bringing the entire place down on you then they are still stupid. At most the may dodge a bit. Any real difficulty will be left to dungeons, raids, and other players.
  10. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

Agree 100%, this video alone was all I needed to probably not even bother buying the game. Then I may buy it to play solo but will probably get bored right away. Seeing archers and casters take hits to the face from mobs in a dungeon run and hardly take damage is not exactly my idea of challenging content or anything that I would imagine could be much fun. I've learned my lesson with GW2 and for now at least it seems the trinity is the only way to go in MMOs.
  11. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

All I can think is how many people who don't normally play MMO's all wanting to play an archer-type character since is a FPS and that's all they know lol
  12. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

This game looks like <REDACTED>. ROFL teso fail xD