1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

So do you have to pick the path that suits your character...For example...

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Alpen, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Brooklyn

Brooklyn New Cupcake

I guess it depends on what exactly the skills do.
    Soldier
    Ability: Battle Rage
    Ability: Clear the Lines Tier
    Ability: Summon Reinforcements
    Explorer
    Ability: Explorer's Speed
    Ability: Eldan Endurance
    Ability: Eldan Relic

The names make them sound useful.

Here is the Source of that info Posted by Zap-Robo
  2. Zadok

Zadok New Cupcake

I should have clarified my post by saying that I would support a path 'unlock' feature that would reset your path skill to level 1 should you choose to swap paths.

If paths give a competitive advantage in certain areas of the game it will 'force' hardcore players to choose the best path for their playstyle (PvE or PvP), which could well include remaking their max level characters if they happened to initially choose the 'wrong' path. Similar issues arose from the varied racial bonuses in WoW and caused entire guilds to change factions...
  3. Zadok

Zadok New Cupcake

The following thread entitled "The Decline of Hardcore Alliance Raid Guilds"on the WoW forums is a perfect example of what happens when a faction has superior racial traits:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9244925251?page=1

If the path system gives similarly quantifiable gameplay advantages you can expect to see cookie cutter class/path combinations in Wildstar, which is not ideal in my opinion.
  4. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

I am confident the path abilities will not be game breaking in any regard.
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

But they're character creation choices - just like your class. You picked the class that does not have as many advantages - you're going to have to create a new character to get the class that's better.
  6. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Phew, that's a lot of reading. All right, I'll have a look at it.

Cheers for the link
  7. Zadok

Zadok New Cupcake

Haha, the first post highlights the issues with racial trait advantages affecting game play. Thankfully Carbine have already avoided this problem in Wildstar by not having fixed racial traits, and paths will have much less of an impact.

Carbine have said they plan to balance path bonuses, but I'd love the ability to 'reset' my path incase this ever did become an issue. This would mean that when I'm a noob in the game it wouldn't matter so much if I happened to select a 'bad' path for my chosen class and role :)
  8. Zadok

Zadok New Cupcake

While I agree that your path should be a meaningful choice (which it still would be if the process cost money and your path level was reset) I don't like the idea of being permanently locked in to a specific path if it has game play implications.
  9. CptCraig7

CptCraig7 New Cupcake

Maybe they can follow a similar thing like SWTOR, companions allowed players to use these "Heroic Moments", that can be used while questing etc outside of raiding/pvping, but while raiding/pvping they weren't usable.