1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

So I Got Yelled at Today.....

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Domi Dayglow, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

So, I got yelled at today on a veteran Crimlords of Thermock adventure.

So of the team there were two Warriors (one the tank), a DPS Esper, and a medic healer and me on my happy little Esper.

I noticed the other Esper was using psyhic frenzy, but not haunt. Apparently they also had Tier 8 phantoms because those things exploded.

So I put points into my haunt for it's resistance debuff. Then I made pyrokinetic flame tier 4 for it's assault and support power boost plus it builds me a psi point. I always keep Crush at Tier 4 to break more interrupt armor when I go on adventures or dungeons. I was using tier 4 telekinetic storm for my finisher and to make use of it's armor pierce. I had Phantasmal Armor for emergencies, and Bolster.

And, I was yelled at for using pyrokinetic flame and asked why I took such a useless ability. It was a support ability and I qued as DPS. I was yelled at for putting phantasmal armor on someone when they took a big hit. I was told to stop putting my bolster on the tank whenever it was up.

Just before the Captain went down (we did the Redmoon path like most people) the team voted to kick me and I missed the end. Did I do something wrong? Am I missing something?
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

It appears you grouped with elitist douchenozzles. If anyone did something wrong, it would be them.
    Kataryna, PalsyPlague and calebrus like this.
  3. calebrus

calebrus Cupcake-About-Town

I'll second the vote for elitist douchenozzles.
    I've always held the little agreed with view in MMOs that as long as you are actually contributing and carrying your own weight, I don't care how your character is built or played. If you're not being a drain on the group than you're helping.
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

Yeah, I get a lot of flak from the empty-minded for putting an assault move ( Concentrated Blade)into my healer build. Nobody seems to understand what free psy-points mean to an esper.
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

This is one of the reasons I don't pve, especially with pugs. God forbid you want to contribute to the overall group rather than just topping the dps chart. And since there is no "utility" role, wtf? If you queue as healer but are actually built for non healing support, you would get yelled at for that.

Just a bunch of kids on summer vacation with nothing better to do, I wouldn't worry about it.
  6. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

I remember playing a Storm Defender in CoH, way before Issue 1 and the ED had been released. If you weren't a healer, most people thought you were useless. That is until they noticed how much more damage they did when I popped Freezing Rain, or how my Tornado would cause enemies to hit mostly air (if they were even able to get close enough). I remember how we all laughed when there happened to be two Force Field Defenders in a group I joined (myself and one other guy). Our group was like a walking fortress of doom, nuking mobs with impunity. We didn't have any healer. We didn't need one with two bubbles stacking and all the small bubbles on top of that. Hell, even a Controller with Force Fields as secondary was enough to render my own healer character pretty much redundant :p

Initially CoH players might not have been aware of how beneficial all that other support could be if used well but once they found out they were generally much more open to trying different ways of kicking AI ass. Somehow it seems like this elitist minmaxing attitude has become far more prevalent since WoW and Elitist Jerks.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  7. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Awe! I loved Stormies! I really liked to hide in their hurricane thing around them. But it was classes like that they required a person to be smart about when and how to use their abilities. After people learned, it was such fun!
  8. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

Hurricane! I meant Hurricane, not Tornado. The latter was rarely used due to being... very chaotic. But damn it was fun unleashing that in a small room :p Watching those Freakshow bouncing up and down between the floor and the ceiling...

Hurricane Herding was a thing, yeah. Weird that I was so seldomly asked to do that. Bunching mobs together sort of made AoE that much more effective. Probably had to do with too many Stormies being completely incompetent at it and just spreading them out more. Hell, just nudging them with the edge of the Hurricane to apply the debuff made some people nervous. I can only remember one time when people wanted to make use of the defensive qualities of the Hurricane and the Steamy Mist: when facing the projectile vomit of those Vahzilok zombies. That <REDACTED> could be pretty nasty back before it got a damage type: no resistances protected against it.