1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

So the big boys are "reworking" their new games

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gryphon, May 30, 2013.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon New Cupcake

Seems strange that WOW's Titan and EQ Next are both being delayed and "reworked". They are probably furiously trying to add their versions of Paths and active combat. HA!!!
  2. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

The idea of active combat has been around for awhile, so I doubt it's that. Paths? Maybe. I think it's more likely to be updating the game engines, though, and possibly some concern about pricing models. I don't think it's likely an unreleased game has had much effect, though.
    Isa likes this.
  3. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

EQ Next got reworked because SOE realized that releasing yet another sub-par themepark fantasy MMO into an overly saturated market was a bad idea. SOE is also really gung-ho on it's new F2P and sandbox initiatives which is what really drove the EQ Next rework. I can't say I ever really had much faith in SOE to make any kind of a blockbuster MMO, it just seems like as a company they are more than willing to support a dozen or so small mediocre titles with niche communities rather than devote the resources necessary to make something big and impactful.

I have no idea what is up with the delay on Titan however I guarantee you that it has nothing to do with Wildstar.
  4. purplestreak

purplestreak New Cupcake

I think it has more to do with the fact that the industry is changing than anything to do with Wildstar. People now want action combat, sandbox, and a f2p/b2p pricing model. Newer MMOs are slowly breaking away from the WoW stencil, which can only be good! I think both Blizzaed and Sony saw this and felt thier MMOs at their current states wouldn't really fit into where the industry was headed, so I think a game engine rework is likely what's happening too!