1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

So, with this C.R.E.D.D system?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Gunghoe, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i think the credd system is perfect as it is.

the people paying gold for credd are paying for 20$ of someones money so they arent really "playing for free" in the pockets of carbine. but in the player sense they are playing to pay for their sub by only playing the game they enjoy.

unless like i said carbine pulls out some nefarious dirty dealing , the credd system will be player controlled by gold price and availibility.

and as a pure bonus , gold sellers will be screwed.

whats not to love?
    Kataryna likes this.
  2. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

And I hope you are right on that one. I've always been the "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" kind of person, so that's where I'm coming from. Been burned by too many games that promised so much (SWTOR was the last one) that only end up failing badly...
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

this. thank you.
  4. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Alright, I just went through the recent pages of posts and all I have to say is that I'm deeply disappointed in almost everyone involved in these past few, now almost all removed, pages of the thread. Even some of the posts that remain are rather hostile and would like to see those lines of discussions toned down a bit. Please, make use of the ignore option and report, like some people have done. However, replying to an offending post, especially in a similar manner as said post, does no one any good and you all saw the fruits of your labor: even more posts of the same manner. Troll or not, trouble begets trouble.

Now, everyone knows better and take this as a final warning for this thread. I hope not to see such posts pop up again. If you find a post that you find is inappropriate in some manner, or even "Trollish" by your liking, simply report and ignore, do not reply to it. </Mod Monocle>
  5. Kalmander

Kalmander Well-Known Cupcake

Regarding gold sellers, the CREDD system will reduce them quite a bit. Even if it is cheaper, people are generally aware of the dangers of buying gold from 3rd party sites, so if they are inclined to buy gold, they would probably buy directly from the publisher. With less buyers, there would probably be less farmers interested in trying to sell for this game, and move into other, more profitable, games. So I think it would help a lot against gold sellers.

The PLEX did do wonders in EVE. I have not seen ISK sellers in... Well, I do not remember seeing one ever... We still get a lot of scammers, but that is something else entirely :p
  6. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

PLEX Lotery, send me 100k ISK for a chance to win!
  7. Ripteye

Ripteye New Cupcake

Great model.

1. I hate F2P, no commitment, bringing in all kinds of terrible people.
    2. I can afford to pay a subscription and make a commitment, (more to lose)
    3. I currently Play Eve for free, which takes in game commitment (making in game currency)

Basically I like the fact you have to commit, somehow. That alone will keep terrible people away.

My only concern is that it seems they are bringing the CRED system in to early. With EVE Plex wasn't introduced for some time allowing the in game market to stabilize. My fear is that the CRED system at launch will cause Hyper inflation of the in game market.

In my opinion they should wait at least 6 months before opening up the CRED system.

Maybe I am thinking on this to hard but I think there is some logic there they should think about.
  8. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

What would be the difference; are you concerned if people buy credd early they will get ripped off? Why would it be too early?
  9. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

My guess would be that he's worried that yes, people are going to feel ripped off. The in game economy is going to be crazy volatile for the first few months. Some people will have their biggest and best poopsock out and will be leveling/gearing like crazy and they'll be generating a good bit of in game currency in the process. People will be playing the supply/demand game with trade goods and there will be a crazy swings in that. The flavor of the month gamers will come and go. All of those, and countless other things will leave the value of in game currency all over the place for a while, but with a general trend towards inflation. And that's just the in game side of it.

There will almost certainly be a fair number of people that will drop a lot of cash on CREDD in hopes getting rich in game real quick. Some of them will. Some of them won't. But when the people that don't see the people that do, they could very well get a bit pissed that their real money investment got them much less further in game.

Basically, the first couple months, some people are going to make out like bandit, and some people are going to get hosed, and when people are paying real money get hosed, they get grumpy. Of course, there will be a chance of that through out the entire life of the system, but at first when things are really unstable, it's going to be a lot worse.

Some people won't fully understand that risk, get burned, and then be very pissed.
  10. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

Yah, Eve is so hardcore P2W it is kind of sad it cost a sub.
  11. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

Well, though, it is what you payed for.... what ever the worth, that gold was once worth that much. People wll have an easier time leveling getting ahead of other people. For me, if i bought credd during the first month or so, I will know i bought it simply because i want to get ahead of others faster. Gold will be hard to get in the beginning, all the gold in the world will help. I would argue gold will become less effective as the community levels. You know how much easier it is to level, when you already have a main that has tons of gold? For me this advantage is great. People will understand the risk. No one will think that when the game is young, the games economy is not stable. This is the reason for many people to play the launch of games. When the game becomes more stable, it will become less advantageous to buy the gold. Yeah, you will get that epic horse for your level 50, but the thing is buying gold at the early stages will help you get those items to get world first.

With that said, I do agree with what you said above. But also the people that bought gold for $10 dollars a million in diablo 3 at launch of being able to sell gold have never cried about the golds value going down with that reason alone. They cry because now items cost too much. Now what you get for $10 dollars of gold is nearly 200 million. if not more. No one logically cries about spending money on gold because of this.

Expecting people to not be smart enough to think about what they are buying for 20 dollars. Is to me is exceedingly unwise, have more faith in your fellow man.

Again I do see where he is coming from, but thinking only of the negatives, you would NEVER buy Credd, because most likely a month later it'd still be worth more.
  12. Zubbulon

Zubbulon Cupcake

I totally agree with your 1 and 2.

I would think that inflation will be there whenever a system like CREDD goes in a game. The market will stabilize eventually. I didn't play Eve but I would assume that inflation got high when Plex was introduced. the price of CREDD will be set at a certain accepted level between the buyer and sellers. That will take some time, I would think no more then 1 month.
  13. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

I wouldn't say it's thinking only negative, just exploring one possible extreme case.

I personally really like the subs+CREDD thing, and think that at the very worst, it will do no real harm to the game, and at best, work very well and make Carbine/NCSoft some bank. But there could, and likely will be a handful of people who'll jump in not fully understanding things (possibly with mommy and daddy's credit card) and get a little grumpy when they don't come out ahead. They won't be a real problem, but some poor customer service rep/GM is going to get stuck with them.

But most people buying CREDD will know what they're getting for the $20 and some will come out a bit ahead, some will get to play Uncle Scrooge in their piles of gold, but either way they'll be happy campers.
    CriSPeH and Kataryna like this.