1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Story Some Fan-Lore, Open to Suggestions!

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Arawulf, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Here is version 1.0 - feel free to add, suggest etc. This is my first time doing something like this, so please be gentle! :D

Note: This is all completely made up and not based in any lore that may already exist on this subject - this is purely for fun's sake.

Collegium: Covert Operations
    Re: Intercepted Exile Transmission, Schematic and Occular Samples

The ICI has intercepted an Exile transmission that appears to include a highly classified schematic. We’ve included a transcript of this recording.

*Begin Transmission*

(Static)
    C’mon y’all, you gotta stop rubbing your eyes. They’ll take just a few minutes to adjust after surgery.

Ahem, Now, for your orientation.

Since we’ve arrived upon Nexus we’ve begun to face countless dangers. We have lost many of our friends and loved ones to the indigenous creatures, plants and, of course, to various Eldan technologies that have run amok. We knew this planet would be dangerous, but nobody could anticipate just how deadly this new home would become. Now, with the unfortunate arrival of the Dominion, we are forced release this technology to all of you before we can ensure it’s kept secret. We’re taking a terrible risk here.

The original, more primitive, prototype for this ocular system was stolen from Chua scientists. The Chua had a terrible habit of injuring themselves with their own weaponry and began developing this tech to enable them to see the damage area so they could avoid it.

Since we've obtained this prototype, our scientists have been roaming the lands of Nexus, scanning and storing data from all of the aforementioned dangers and through several enhancements, have finally unveiled a fully functional visual warning system.

Now that your eyes have been surgically enhanced with this technology, you will see a visual warning of impending damage, thanks to its predictive abilities. In addition, we've recently enabled it to identify helpful effects as well.

This breakthrough visual system may be the key to turning the tide to the Exile’s favor. We cannot let our enemies get their hands on our advancements, so please show caution as you venture out. The last thing we want is one of you getting your eyeballs plucked out of their sockets for their scientists to study and replicate.

Your orientation is complete. You are now ready to use your new Telegraph System.

*End Transmission*

The ICI has already spotted a small band of Exiles that should provide some samples for us to study. We shall contact you once they've been obtained.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  2. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

A question from someone uninformed. What is the difference between fanlore and fanfiction?
  3. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

I suppose I used the term fan-lore because it explains something that's actually in the game instead of an original story that that takes place within the game world. But I admit I have no idea what I'm doing :p
  4. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Happens to the best of us, from time to time.

[​IMG]

Good luck with your creation.
  5. Philetic

Philetic Cupcake

Haha the telegraph system! See what you did there :) I've always wanted to do something like this, was a fun idea looking out for more! :)