1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Some of the WS-Base ability tooltips seem a bit off.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by PalsyPlague, Apr 30, 2014.

1. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I recently posted on the thread "I hear the Engineer has lower dps than other classes" thread, under Wildstar Classes & Paths.

However, when I linked to a tier 8 upgraded bio shell like so:

Bio Shell

It is showing that this ability applies a technology expose for 130.56% instead of the 15% expose listed on WS-Base.

P.S. Fissure is also incorrect, is it just expose calculations?

Fissure

I'm sure this isn't an issue on your end, but maybe you can contact the people at WS-Base to figure out why the numbers are that far off? Alternatively, is my computer somehow screwing it up or is this a problem other people see too?

Testing other expose abilities:

Haunt

Smackdown

Razor Disk

Arcane Missiles

Confirmed, wherever there is a calculation within an "Expose" section of an ability that tiers up the wrong numbers appear. While all initial damage tier calculations are correct (only for %).
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Please note that this is a fansite.

For feedback on the game I suggest to post that on the original/official forums: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

This ''feedback'' section is for this forum related things, not in-game related things.

And again, we'll probably see a nice fixing update/patch before launch to get those pesky things out. But giving feedback in it has never hurt anyone so keep checking for things like this, but post them on the correct forum ;)
  3. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

No, I wasn't saying that the actual in-game abilities are incorrect, as far as I have seen the in-game tooltips are correct. Abilities are only incorrect as they appear on this site. There is some issue with the implementation of spell linking from WS-Base somewhere. Or is this error only appearing on my computer?
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Ah....(guess it's hard to do multiple things at once)...guess next time I have to read it instead of skimming.

Who knows....have you tried linking it on other site's aswell? If other forum/site's show the correct tooltip then it's something with WSC, if it does the same with other site's/forums then it's something else.
  5. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

That's a good idea, do you know what other sites have implemented the WS-Base tooltips? I am only a member of WSC and the reddit page. I would like to test this out though, just so I can harass the appropriate people. :p
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Don't know, isn't there some way to check it on their own site? .....I know a LOT of WS fan-based site's but I can't say if they have it implemented....
  7. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

The data is direct from WS Base, so the likelihood is issues with their dataset.

I'll get this flagged with them to look in to.
  8. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

Thanks Zap.^^
  9. Pedrobj

Pedrobj New Cupcake

"Missclick" in tooltip script! Sorry I'll fix ASAP! Just a common mistake :x SORRY!

EDIT: Fixed and ready to use.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  10. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

Thank you.