1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"soon"

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Kataryna, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Morggause

Morggause Cupcake-About-Town

Carbine use "Shorthly" ;p
  2. VooDoo

VooDoo Cupcake-About-Town

Theres actually quite a lot of MMO's out there right now. Maybe im just old, but i've learned not to put all my eggs in one basket and to migrate around the MMO genre if I find myself getting burned out. I've really surprised myself a few times on some of the games I've tried that I never thought I would like (like Forsaken World and Wizard 101)

I've also learned that not every MMO has (or can have) everything I like so I've learned to appreciate a lot of games that get blown off by the common MMO tourist. Point being, dont hold your breath waiting for Wildstar and get out there and try a few things you may not normally play. Even if its a single player RTS like X-Com or Civ 5 ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and I dont like cross linking other sites, but in this case since its on topic I'll just clip the info, and post the source: (which is obviously not an official source. not sure where the info was obtained)

1. Closed beta is currently scheduled to begin in April (and is subject to change).
    2. There is currently between 150 and 170 hours of 'content' that will be gradually rolled out over the course of the beta.
    3. Closed beta will begin with "a couple thousand" players and will start with limited content.
    4. Gradually over time more content will be tested and more people will be invited.
    5. Guilds and large groups will be a future focus in order to test out Elder Game content such as raids and WarPlots (in the next few months).
    6. All of this is subject to change and this is a true beta test, not just a 'trial'. Carbine needs larger groups of people to see what's working and what needs adjusting.