1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Speculation of The Black Hoods

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Hoody, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Today I was just thinking about how cool the Black Hoods will look. "Man, they probably have some of the coolest uniforms. Of course a hood that's black, and not sure if it will be open or have a mask... Would be really cool of they had ma-......" Then it hit me!

[​IMG]
    Even though he's a Human... Could he be one of the Black Hoods? I'm definitely getting that feeling! What's your thoughts on the matter? How do you think the fights between the Black Hoods and the ICI will take place? Would you want to be a Black Hood if it's not just for the Mordesh?​
  2. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

Off topic: Grats on becoming an uncle :)
    Hoody likes this.
  3. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you! Just saw the little guy today! Basically told him the whole story of Episode IV: A New Hope.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I hope it will be a war in which it's crucial to find the best intel.

Mayby some hacking, assasinations, political intruege etc.

Kinda a ''back-stabbing war'' :D
  5. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

:D
  6. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

I really hope we get more information about the Black Hoods. I've read that there may be chance the Black Hoods will be involved in a dungeon or PVP match-up, but it would be nice to get some more background information.
  7. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

Fixed!
    Hoody likes this.
  8. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

Yes! more info plz(maybe a WSW perhaps or in game). It would be awesome if there's an entire line of quests based around either the black hoods if your exile or the ICI if your on the Dominion. And then if you complete this sneakily based lines of quests you get a cool spy gear or a costume.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

it would be awesome to be in the black hoods......wonder if you have to be stalker, i would love to be aurin esper
  10. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Wow... Like thank you so much... Like I feel dirty knowing I combined the worst SW movie and the best... I am ashamed...
  11. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

heeeeeeeeeeey hoody and congrates
  12. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Thaaaaaanks :D
  13. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

That's okay. Let me give you a hug over the internet to make you feel better!
    /hug ^.^
  14. ratlet

ratlet New Cupcake

I bet he was just chilly and wanted to keep his ears toasty.
  15. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

well this one guy is just a player (well in this case a dev playing as Stalker) for the video of the Paths,

Also I doubt this is the set of the Black hoods, yes it have a hood, but devs also confirmed hood helmets for players the same day that this video was uploaded to internet

don't get me wrong, I really want more lore about the Black Hoods, and other factions in the game. that 's why I will made my main a Mechari Stalker Scientist
  16. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

I knew that already, where did you think the pic came from? ;)

Sure they confirmed hooded helms, but they also were still testing the Mordesh then, and probably it's content in which the player could also get the Black Hoods gear. Also back to your point of the player being a dev, can't devs have any armor they want? Especially in beta?

I mean it could also very well be another gear set and not Black Hood gear. But, at least in my head, it just adds up that it is Black Hood gear.
  17. NigthmareSystem

Off course they can use any kind of item set on their dev videos. and more because those videos are just for show things. And also I'm sure those weren't recorded in the closed beta servers, they maybe used the one in the QA department or a sandbox servers just for the videos

but in this case, they just used "iconic" armor for the paths to made easy recognize every paths in the video, in this case that stalker armor looks a lot like a soldier one, with all those plates in and the full helmet mask.

Also I don't think the "Black Hood" is a Literal thing, is just a name for that exile's organization they don't even need hoods when you have hi camouflage technology .
  18. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Okay, I'm going to say you are right. Since I feel like you know things I shouldn't...
  19. NigthmareSystem

jajajaja well I'm not in beta. but I had experience with beta stages of videogames. the builds that players see isn't really the last one

they test like this. first they test in their QA departament, those build are very advanced stage in comparison with the one where players are. then , when one build is good enough they install it on the beta server. because not every bug is found by the QA department, because not every player is the same and those tester will make a good feedback for QA and the Dev team.

Also , for videos is better use a sandbox server, because some beta tester can appears and show something that they don't want to show yet to the rest of the ppl.

about the "Also I don't think the "Black Hood" is a Literal thing, is just a name for that exile's organization they don't even need hoods when you have hi camouflage technology ." I just had a lot of experience in other Sci-fy videogames, and the name of an organization is just a name not a literal thing. but I can be wrong this time
  20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Not only do I want to see more info on:
    ICI vs Black-Hoods (explorers based faction like?)

But also on the:
    DRED vs XAS (science based faction)

And the:
    Crimson Legion vs FCON (soldier based faction)

Those are all kinda the well-known factions within the Dominion and the Exiles (atleast well-known to lore-geeks like me ;)).
    Now we'll have to see what kind of ''settler based faction'' there will be on either side aswell.
  21. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

Whooaaa. Hooded helmets. Don't let Zimmerman on this game. It'll be a massacre.